PDA

View Full Version : Android automation

Joliet Johnny
03-07-2016, 11:02 AM
I'm trying to figure out how to make an app load and do a specific task upon reboot. I'm running some rooted phones 4.4.2, without spamming this site with referral codes I'm running Perk, Checkpoints, and Swagbucks on about 10 phones. I have till May to figure this out or I kill the power strip when I go on vacation. The Jeep related part is I want to use a kindle fire with torque to turn on at 9:00pm every day for my drive to work. If I get one I get the other, pm me if you want more details on the non Jeep part really no attempt at spamming here.

bluedragon436
03-07-2016, 11:24 AM
Wish I knew how to do any of this type of programming... would love to help.. Either way look forward to hear/seeing the end result!!

Mudderoy
03-07-2016, 12:41 PM
Never tried it but...

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6391902/how-to-start-an-application-on-startup

I'm trying to figure out how to make an app load and do a specific task upon reboot. I'm running some rooted phones 4.4.2, without spamming this site with referral codes I'm running Perk, Checkpoints, and Swagbucks on about 10 phones. I have till May to figure this out or I kill the power strip when I go on vacation. The Jeep related part is I want to use a kindle fire with torque to turn on at 9:00pm every day for my drive to work. If I get one I get the other, pm me if you want more details on the non Jeep part really no attempt at spamming here.

YJ Nate
05-03-2016, 11:38 AM
Did you ever get this worked out?

I'm curious.

I'd start with apps like AutomateIt, or Tasker, i'm sure they have @reboot triggers. Unless i mis-understand what you're going for here.

nickyg
05-03-2016, 01:42 PM
Remember the good old days when we used our cameras to make phone calls?
I've seen plenty of science fiction movies that start out this way.

YJ Nate
05-03-2016, 02:07 PM
Remember the good old days when we used our cameras to make phone calls?
I've seen plenty of science fiction movies that start out this way.

This thing in my belt is hardly a "phone".. It's a computer, that can make phone calls. I use it as a computer. :P

Joliet Johnny
05-09-2016, 01:10 AM
Did you ever get this worked out?

I'm curious.

I'd start with apps like AutomateIt, or Tasker, i'm sure they have @reboot triggers. Unless i mis-understand what you're going for here.

I ended up using my time and money before vacation to upgrade my wireless network. I now have a signal in the back garage the rest of my free money replaced the screen in this phone so I could post on XJTALK. Camera is dead(shorted out), can't talk on phone cause speaker is that bad. I also dropped a few dollars on a battery backup for my internet. In typical Jeep fashion this project has gone over budget, not solved the problem and gotten out of hand.