PDA

View Full Version : Houston wheeling!! Feb 6th or 13th

prcjeep
01-24-2016, 08:57 PM
Who's interested in doing some wheeling?
Feb 6th or 13th. Post up if your interested and which date works best. We'll go with the date with the most people.
Also post up where you're interested in going. I haven't been to an offroad park in Houston in about 13 months. Options I know of are below.

Creekside (Splendora, off 59 past humble about 30 mins)
Texas Offroad Ranch(Huntsville)
Downsouth offroad (Crosby)

Post up!

Brasscatz
01-24-2016, 09:11 PM
:( :bang:

prcjeep
01-24-2016, 10:39 PM
Yours runs yeah?

prcjeep
01-25-2016, 08:49 AM
Anyone??

Brasscatz
01-25-2016, 11:15 AM
Sure it runs... but new job, new schedule, no life :( Maybe I should just sell the YJ AND XJ... :(

prcjeep
01-25-2016, 11:27 AM
5-6 hours, come on jimmy! :poke:

XJ Wheeler
01-25-2016, 03:20 PM
I wish! Really been itching to wheel, but mines going under the knife and won't be drivable by then.

Also, sadly TORR closed down last may.

Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.

denverd1
01-25-2016, 03:36 PM
TORR closed??? Bummer, I was gonna come down and meet you guys and do some wheeling with ya. I could show you boys where the 4x4 T case lever is and how it works! :D :D

Since TORR is out, I'm likely out. 2 hour drive is doable, 4 is pushing it.. Is there no other park between us?

XJ Wheeler
01-25-2016, 03:38 PM
TORR closed??? Bummer, I was gonna come down and meet you guys and do some wheeling with ya. I could show you boys where the 4x4 T case lever is and how it works! :D :D

Since TORR is out, I'm likely out. 2 hour drive is doable, 4 is pushing it.. Is there no other park between us?
It really sucks. The closest rocks is hidden falls now. And the worst part it's all due to the government jacking the taxes shy high. [emoji34]

denverd1
01-25-2016, 03:42 PM
It really sucks. The closest rocks is hidden falls now. And the worst part it's all due to the government jacking the taxes shy high. [emoji34]

New tax? Its ironic to me. Many jeepers are ex-military, but we've been giving them the piss for years. guess its not too ironic at all. F*** the Gub'ment!

denverd1
01-25-2016, 04:02 PM
There's another park in Huntsville, General Sam's. I thought they were ATV only, but looks like Jeeps welcome too! 700 acres with 60+ miles of trails.
http://www.generalsams.com/images/map_800x600_general_sams_park.jpg

With that, I vote Feb 13 at Gen Sams. BUT I realize I'm 4 hours away from the Houston area. I understand if most don't feel like driving 2 hours. but if ya do, I'll meet ya there!

XJ Wheeler
01-25-2016, 04:05 PM
New tax? Its ironic to me. Many jeepers are ex-military, but we've been giving them the piss for years. guess its not too ironic at all. F*** the Gub'ment!
The report I got was that they owned a lot of land, but only used about 1/3 of it for the park. They wanted to tax the entire land for it.

denverd1
01-25-2016, 04:34 PM
The report I got was that they owned a lot of land, but only used about 1/3 of it for the park. They wanted to tax the entire land for it.

That sucks. Sounds like it would've been easily fixed. I would've "leased" the other 2/3 to my neighbor for $1. Taxes are game of cat and mouse with the IRS. Too bad most folks don't play, they just pay up or close their doors.

prcjeep
01-26-2016, 12:23 AM
ive never been to general sams, IIRC you make a reservation and its only open when groups go, but im not sure as i havent been. Anyone been there? Whats the scoop?

denverd1
01-26-2016, 12:55 PM
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1083171
found a little mild run these guys did. GS is mild trails with good bit of mud and rock crawling area. good for beginners

XJ Wheeler
01-26-2016, 01:17 PM
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1083171
found a little mild run these guys did. GS is mild trails with good bit of mud and rock crawling area. good for beginners
Looks better than I thought. I'm not much for mud.

denverd1
01-26-2016, 02:20 PM
Looks better than I thought. I'm not much for mud.

well your feet won't get wet now! whats your excuse??

I don't go looking to bury my jeep headlight deep in it (been there, done that. took a roller over the hood and had to turn the wipers on) but I'm certainly not afraid of throwing a little mud around! Besides, if you crawl rocks all day your jeep doesn't get dirty. A dirty jeep is sure sign of a great day; I like my jeep dirty as can be. a few small dirt clods on the dash is a bonus.

XJ Wheeler
01-26-2016, 02:39 PM
well your feet won't get wet now! whats your excuse??

I don't go looking to bury my jeep headlight deep in it (been there, done that. took a roller over the hood and had to turn the wipers on) but I'm certainly not afraid of throwing a little mud around! Besides, if you crawl rocks all day your jeep doesn't get dirty. A dirty jeep is sure sign of a great day; I like my jeep dirty as can be. a few small dirt clods on the dash is a bonus.
Last dive cost me horns, air horns, and a rock light. I don't have the budget for mud. Lol. I like technical stuff anyway. The added clean up isn't a plus for me either. But no wheeling till I get my rockers done. Tired of putting it off. Would like to get a trip in before the heat comes though.

denverd1
01-27-2016, 11:29 AM
electronics below the water line :boohoo:

XJ Wheeler
01-27-2016, 03:10 PM
electronics below the water line :boohoo:
[emoji1] [emoji13]

bigjim350
01-27-2016, 11:35 PM
Im down to go anywhere on the 13th. I have a trailer and tow rig now.

prcjeep
01-28-2016, 08:15 AM
I was just wondering if you still had your heep, 13th works better for me. Im fine with the drive to General Sams i think.

denverd1
01-28-2016, 01:52 PM
fellas I'll be off the grid for a few days. KNOW that i'm down for the ride

bigjim350
01-28-2016, 07:43 PM
Man back in the day when something like this was posted you'd have like 5 or 6 people say they were going. Things sure have changed a lot

cantab27
01-28-2016, 08:16 PM
take a camera someone .....................

4.3LXJ
01-28-2016, 08:27 PM
Man back in the day when something like this was posted you'd have like 5 or 6 people say they were going. Things sure have changed a lot

I know what you mean Jim. Hard to get anyone to wheel nowadays

XJ Wheeler
01-28-2016, 09:23 PM
take a camera someone .....................
X2! If you guys go to general sams I'd like to see some of the terrain.

Brasscatz
01-28-2016, 10:08 PM
I'd love to go. Priorities though. Job with no Saturdays off, no free time to work on Jeep, etc. etc. etc.

Pinkyman
01-29-2016, 01:36 PM
If only Houston were closer to Minneapolis...... :-(

OrangeXJ
01-29-2016, 05:17 PM

Yea I remember those days. Had a lot of fun. You, Rene, Patrick, Ray, my son and me and some that I forget there names. For me I got tired of driving through the same mud holes every place we went. With the rig I have now rocks are my thing. Down side to that is the 3-5 hr drive time to get there meaning you have to dedicate at least 3 days. 1 day travel 2 days to wheel. Plus side I don't have to spend a day cleaning the rig. Driving around with mud all over the jeep as a badge of honor is not my thing.

To those that go have fun and be safe.

Carves
01-29-2016, 10:02 PM
I cant make it either ... :rolleye0012:

... but I did park in an, almost, muddy paddock today ... and thought about you blokes wallowing around like hogs .. :p .. :D:D

bigjim350
01-30-2016, 01:44 AM
I have never been to General Sam's but I know it use to be the place all the big tire trucks go.(44"+ tires) For a while there where several spots there known as jeep killers. But it may have changed since then. Cause all the vids I see on youtube just show atv's

denverd1
01-31-2016, 09:57 AM
Yea I remember those days. Had a lot of fun. You, Rene, Patrick, Ray, my son and me and some that I forget there names. For me I got tired of driving through the same mud holes every place we went. With the rig I have now rocks are my thing. Down side to that is the 3-5 hr drive time to get there meaning you have to dedicate at least 3 days. 1 day travel 2 days to wheel. Plus side I don't have to spend a day cleaning the rig. Driving around with mud all over the jeep as a badge of honor is not my thing.

To those that go have fun and be safe.

LOL! a badge of honor... whatever.

Wheeled with Raymond and his family several times. excuses and self righteous assholes hang out here. Almost done.

OrangeXJ
01-31-2016, 11:55 AM
Hurry up and get done

OrangeXJ
01-31-2016, 12:07 PM
:smiley-finger007:

denverd1
02-05-2016, 01:17 PM
Can't let one a hole spoil the fun!

OrangeXJ
02-05-2016, 02:06 PM
You better not go then

OrangeXJ
02-05-2016, 05:27 PM

Seeing as we have each called each other an a hole lets settle this by our wheelin abilities. I'll go and we will play "I'll follow you, you follow me and see who wins. you up to it?

denverd1
02-05-2016, 06:11 PM
I was about to say this is getting ridiculous. For the record, I immediately realized the error in my ways and deleted the post I made. A "moderator" came back and made the post public again. Abuse of power? Not sure if I'd go that far, but its bullshit nonetheless. Show me one person who's never said/posted/replied with something they shouldn't have and I'll show you a liar. Shot my mouth off, guilty as charged. But I deleted it and had it fixed it shortly thereafter. I'll be taking that up with Tony, I don't need some asshat running around behind me editing or reposting what I say or delete.

Can't make it Saturday, but yes I'm up to it! Sounds like a great idea. Oh wait, you're rolling on a TJ on 37s???

denverd1
02-05-2016, 06:42 PM
Sounds like most are good for the 13th. Let's get back to the business at hand here and line up a run. 6th or 13th? I'm solid for the 13th. 6th I'm not.

OrangeXJ, I'll take you up on it. I don't think there's anything at GS my rig can't handle so we'll have a good day trying to stop it. sound good?

OrangeXJ
02-06-2016, 11:36 AM
Yea, this kind of got out of hand. Let's wheel and have fun. I sent Patrick a pm on when and where waiting for his reply.

Firemanray
02-07-2016, 08:37 PM
Ooops, looks like I'm a little late for the party. We're saving it all for Megarun in March. Zach's got to defend his "King of the Hill" title from last year. Ya'll have fun, come on to Barnwell Mountain March 4,5,6 and watch the action (or race if you dare).

bigjim350
02-07-2016, 10:38 PM
I can play follow the leader with any AAE built rig. Only places I've seen them is at show and shines and on the beach. My car shines pretty good and the posi in it should handle the beach fine.

denverd1
02-08-2016, 12:13 AM
Ooops, looks like I'm a little late for the party. We're saving it all for Megarun in March. Zach's got to defend his "King of the Hill" title from last year. Ya'll have fun, come on to Barnwell Mountain March 4,5,6 and watch the action (or race if you dare).

I'll put that on the calendar

OrangeXJ
02-08-2016, 07:15 AM
I can play follow the leader with any AAE built rig. Only places I've seen them is at show and shines and on the beach. My car shines pretty good and the posi in it should handle the beach fine.

Maybe maybe not. I know you don't like AAE.

prcjeep
02-10-2016, 12:00 PM
Ya'll dont hate, i know i came up with the idea, but my new house is spoiling the fun. I cant do it this weekend. Now, let set another date, but yall throw in what weekend works best. March is mostly no good for me as i'm pretty involved with the Houston Rodeo. I may be open 3/5 though

denverd1
02-11-2016, 12:01 PM
I would have to get busy to be ready. Another (next) weekend would work better.

There's Mega Run at Barnwell first weekend of March

Mudderoy
02-12-2016, 06:58 AM

Fond thoughts of my divorce years ago.

denverd1
02-12-2016, 08:46 PM
so whats up!!!/??? the BIG ride is tomorrow. anybody down? I'm 50/50. haven't done the work, but she'll roll if I push the skinny pedal. Anybody down????

OrangeXJ
02-13-2016, 05:36 AM
Looked like to me it wasn't going to happen

denverd1
02-15-2016, 12:47 PM
Yea that's how it looked to me too. Thought I'd see if it anyone felt froggy.

So... Anybody want to try another weekend?

sent from my Samsoon S5 from the bottom of a mud hole

bigjim350
02-16-2016, 12:51 AM
After some scheduling changes at work in a couple weeks, ill be good to go most weekends. But I'd prefer to go to hidden falls or gilmer. But im down for the mud parks here too. First week of April im gonna do the PINS run on north padre.

prcjeep
03-22-2016, 04:10 PM
After some scheduling changes at work in a couple weeks, ill be good to go most weekends. But I'd prefer to go to hidden falls or gilmer. But im down for the mud parks here too. First week of April im gonna do the PINS run on north padre.

You still going to PINS? Weekdays trip or Thurs-Sunday trip?