PDA

View Full Version : Need help findind part or a way to fix my problem.

tbone
11-18-2009, 06:55 PM
I was installing lift gate shocks on my 88 Limited and the ball mount on 1 of them broke. None of the local parts stores have them and the dealer wants 6.50 each for them and has to order them. Does anyone know where I can find these or have a fix for them? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

4.3LXJ
11-18-2009, 08:38 PM
I was installing lift gate shocks on my 88 Limited and the ball mount on 1 of them broke. None of the local parts stores have them and the dealer wants 6.50 each for them and has to order them. Does anyone know where I can find these or have a fix for them? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

If you went to a pick and pull they would probably let you have them for free. Little stuff like that are not on price lists. You should not have to pull hard on these things. There are little pins in the ball joint that you pull out that allow it to disassemble and assemble easily.

tbone
11-18-2009, 10:26 PM
I pulled the pins but they would not come off easy. The nearest pick and pull is about 100 miles away. Thanks for your reply and sorry I should have told everyone that I did remove the pins. :patriot:

tbone
11-19-2009, 07:57 PM
Well I went to Napa today and they have a kind of universal ballstud, part #735-1896. They fit perfectly so I picked up 4 of them for $10 and some change. $2.49 each. Hope you guy's can use this info. :patriot: