PDA

View Full Version : My version of removable doors (video)

Heaplife
01-04-2016, 11:31 AM
Hey guys. I made this video yesterday just for fun. I got a go pro for Christmas so I wanted to try it out and it just happened I was taking the doors off. I did mine a little different than the other videos I've seen. This will only work if you have the same pins as me. Let me know what you think!

http://youtu.be/Gw5r1fWMyGo

Rlpetty43
01-19-2016, 10:39 AM
Nice video thank you, but one word of advice from my past experience, those cutting disc are notorious for exploding when the get a nick in them, I had one do it while wearing gloves but they were not heavy enough and it tore up my fingers up pretty bad. Please wear gloves and PPE.

Heaplife
01-19-2016, 06:48 PM
Nice video thank you, but one word of advice from my past experience, those cutting disc are notorious for exploding when the get a nick in them, I had one do it while wearing gloves but they were not heavy enough and it tore up my fingers up pretty bad. Please wear gloves and PPE.
Thanks! Yeah normally I wear my welding gloves but it was becoming a real pain to take them off every time I had to press record and I got lazy. Not my brightest moment. Haha

XJ Wheeler
01-19-2016, 09:37 PM
Nice video. Still haven't decided if/when I want to do removable doors. I would love the thought of running half doors. Down the line I guess.

Been trying to make myself smarten up about the ppe. I get in a hurry and make excuses but I'm really realizing it's better to deal with the prep than the aftermath. ;)

Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.

Rlpetty43
01-20-2016, 08:30 AM
I can imagine that would be a pain going back and forth. where I work they have been beating "safety culture" into our heads so much I feel obligated to speak out when I see hazards. keep up the work man!!

bluedragon436
01-20-2016, 08:27 PM
Awesome job with the write up and video!!

Nice video. Still haven't decided if/when I want to do removable doors. I would love the thought of running half doors. Down the line I guess.

Been trying to make myself smarten up about the ppe. I get in a hurry and make excuses but I'm really realizing it's better to deal with the prep than the aftermath. ;)

Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.

Yeah I've been thinking about doing removable doors as well.. But have been torn between trying to find tube doors to keep little one safe when out on the trails once she is old enough... or if I want to try and source another set of doors, to make some 1/2 doors..

I can imagine that would be a pain going back and forth. where I work they have been beating "safety culture" into our heads so much I feel obligated to speak out when I see hazards. keep up the work man!!

Yeah I hear that... Same here from the USAF.. We always have PPE and safety drilled into our heads... But I still have my moments of wanting to do a quick cutting job, or something like that... and shortly afterwards end up regretting it with something getting into my eyes, or inhaling it... (I will say don't ever do plastic welding inside a kayak without any kind of real respirator, even if it is only for 2 seconds...LOL)!!