PDA

View Full Version : Infrared Heaters

Melissa
11-17-2009, 05:34 PM
http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww305/melreese83/misc%20pictures/iHeater.jpg

Last year I decided to look into buying an infrared heater. I had seen all the adds for the EdenPURE heater, but I knew they were expensive. I stumbled across a website called Top Ten Imports, they were selling iHeaters. I looked at this heater and compared it to the EdenPURE heater. What I found was that not only was the price of the iHeater better, but the heater was better as well. EdenPURE heaters only heat up to a 1000 sq ft home, while the iHeater had three different setting, one for 500sq ft, one for 1000 sq ft, and one for 1500 sq ft homes. The price was alot cheaper too, the EdenPURE was $499, while the iHeater was $379. I decided to give it a shot. My iHeater arrived last November, and I fell in love, it worked great!! :cheerleader: I used it all through the winter, and then packed it away for the summer.

I pulled it back out this past October, but I had a problem. The iHeater would not work. It would start up, then shut it's self right back off again. I was concerned since I never bothered to register the warranty. I called up Top Ten Imports and after about 3 minutes of talking to a rep, they registered my model of iHeater for my warranty, gave me a return autho number, and told me to sent it to them and they would send me out a brand new one :shocker:

Just like that!!, no fighting, no run arounds, nothing, just a simple I am sorry and please let us fix that for you :shocker::shocker:

Well my new iHeater arrived today (10 days after I sent the other one back :thumbsup:). I opened the box and found that they not only sent me a new iHeater, but an upgraded model as well :drool:

My reason for this thread..................I just thought I'd let anyone interested in a infrared heater, know about the wonderful and quick customer service I have recieved from Top Ten Imports, and I recomend the iHeater instead of the EdenPURE.

DETOURS
11-17-2009, 06:28 PM
After last years ice storm, loosing power for 3.5 days.........I've had my eye on these types of heaters, I'm glad to hear you're happy and would LOVE to hear more about the heat they produce!

Melissa
11-17-2009, 08:34 PM
On the small room setting (500 sq st) it puts out 2000 BTU, medium room (1000 sq ft) is 3500 BTU and large room (1500 sq ft) is 6000 BTU.

It does state that it is not to be used as your sole source of heat, and is to be used with your furnance as a supplemental heat source, but I can't read :rotfl2:, I do turn on my baseboards but only when the temps get below 25.

I run this heater 24/7 and let it come on and off as it pleases and my power bill for last winter went from running around $300 a month down to running about $130-$150 a month, and I run alot of extra crap in the house :eek: I have two running stand up freezers, 3- Ionic Pro upright air purifiers, 1- Ionic Pro Professional grade air purifier, 2- 55 Gallon aquariums, 1- 30 Gallon aquarium, and 1-10 gallon aquarium all with running filters, heaters, and aerators :smiley-scared002:

Anyways, my iHeater works great, I use it out in the living room, and it keeps the living room, kitchen, family room/utility room's warm. My bedroom stays cooler, but I like it that way, thats what blankets are for.

Mudderoy
11-18-2009, 01:02 AM
When I think a vendor goes above the call of duty I always try and let people know. So many times it seems like a bother for them to take my money. :boohoo: