PDA

View Full Version : JKS disconnect pop my tire!

CanadianJK
11-09-2015, 09:45 PM
So I have a 2015 Jeep JKU sport stock and I like to wheel so I got JKS disconnect and now I have a problem with it! If I flex too much the tire got pop. So before on my 2012 JK 2 door but I had off set rims and forget how much it was so wonder if anyone has had the same thing happen to them or would know how far i would need to off set in order to keep my tires and not buy new ones!

Rlpetty43
11-10-2015, 08:31 AM
what is hitting the tire? does this happen when the sway bar is disconnected or connected any pictures?

OrangeXJ
11-10-2015, 10:08 AM
pic's would help a lot to see what the problem is

tinythexj
11-10-2015, 07:10 PM
With the stock wheels you shouldn't have an issue clearing the swaybar as long as it is tucked nicely out of the way once you disconnect them. A set of zip ties or bungie cords should help keep them out of the way while wheeling. The suspension of the JK flexes a lot more than the XJ so you have to make sure the swaybar isn't flopping around when you disconnect the links.

CanadianJK
11-10-2015, 08:25 PM
With the stock wheels you shouldn't have an issue clearing the swaybar as long as it is tucked nicely out of the way once you disconnect them. A set of zip ties or bungie cords should help keep them out of the way while wheeling. The suspension of the JK flexes a lot more than the XJ so you have to make sure the swaybar isn't flopping around when you disconnect the links.

yes this is true but with it zip ties holding it up the tire still will rub agents them and one tire the zip ties broke and than when i flexed poped the tire! is there any way to get the rubbing to stop? spacer?

4.3LXJ
11-11-2015, 11:00 AM
Did you go up in tire size?

CanadianJK
11-11-2015, 11:06 AM
No just running the stock jk rubicon tire and rims

4.3LXJ
11-11-2015, 11:07 AM
But you don't have a Rubicon do you?

CanadianJK
11-11-2015, 11:08 AM
No JKU sport

4.3LXJ
11-11-2015, 11:12 AM
I think that is part of the problem you are experiencing. The Rubicon has a sway bar disconnect, so it always is connected. But in using those wheels and tires, while a good score, they are not designed to have a clearance problem like you have. So yes, a wheel spacer is probably what you need.

CanadianJK
11-11-2015, 11:15 AM
Great thanks!!!! Any idea on where I should start? 1,1.5,2 inch?

4.3LXJ
11-11-2015, 11:19 AM
1.5" I think would be OK

tinythexj
11-14-2015, 10:16 PM
Even with the lift and backspacing I've had to install limiting straps on two of my buddies Jk's due to how flexy the front end gets. Just take your time and flex out the front end with some jacks or out on the trail and take some measurements. You'll need the combination of wheel spacing, suspension geometry and bump stops to truly solve the issue. Good Luck.

CanadianJK
11-15-2015, 12:15 AM
Even with the lift and backspacing I've had to install limiting straps on two of my buddies Jk's due to how flexy the front end gets. Just take your time and flex out the front end with some jacks or out on the trail and take some measurements. You'll need the combination of wheel spacing, suspension geometry and bump stops to truly solve the issue. Good Luck.

Maybe I should take out the top pin out and flex till
I can't flex no more and see how much is will go into the tire than use that as a spacer

monj98181
05-26-2016, 02:41 AM
It would be nice if you attach some pictures, so that we can guide you better. Well i wants to know, what is hitting the tire and whats the tire (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tire) size ?