PDA

View Full Version : About time.. a ongoing thread of my progress

Mayooo
10-21-2015, 05:10 AM
another hobby of mine besides wheeling is radio communications. I've built everything from transceivers to antennas, installed dozens of radios for people and experiment with new circuits and components to put a little fire in the wire.
i have a corner of my shed dedicated to this hobby with several radios and equipment that allows me to tx/rx across the entire radio band. and have been in this hobby for a good 13yrs now BUT I'm limited to only the 11m band plan. Why you might ask? Well you see, i don't have my ham ticket. I've always been the type of person that felt.. (well I'm not going into politics here)...

SO... I've decided its ABOUT TIME i bite the bullet and go get my ham license.
i was very active on several radio forums but they just get out of control sometimes. i figured ill just post on this forum. kinda like to keep everything in one place and everyone here is down to earth.. well maybe not nickyg :rolleye0012:. JUST KIDDING!

most of my wheeling trips end with me putting my antron A99 on my roof rack and do some dxing in the 11m. will be nice to expand my ability. ill keep posting my progress. 73"s

Mudderoy
10-21-2015, 05:14 AM
another hobby of mine besides wheeling is radio communications. I've built everything from transceivers to antennas, installed dozens of radios for people and experiment with new circuits and components to put a little fire in the wire.
i have a corner of my shed dedicated to this hobby with several radios and equipment that allows me to tx/rx across the entire radio band. and have been in this hobby for a good 13yrs now BUT I'm limited to only the 11m band plan. Why you might ask? Well you see, i don't have my ham ticket. I've always been the type of person that felt.. (well I'm not going into politics here)...

SO... I've decided its ABOUT TIME i bite the bullet and go get my ham license.
i was very active on several radio forums but they just get out of control sometimes. i figured ill just post on this forum. kinda like to keep everything in one place and everyone here is down to earth.. well maybe not nickyg :rolleye0012:. JUST KIDDING!

most of my wheeling trips end with me putting my antron A99 on my roof rack and do some dxing in the 11m. will be nice to expand my ability. ill keep posting my progress. 73"s

I think I'm going to start hitting all the CB forums and post that 17 feet is the REAL proper length for coax in mobile installations. :D

Mayooo
10-21-2015, 05:23 AM
I think I'm going to start hitting all the CB forums and post that 17 feet is the REAL proper length for coax in mobile installations. :D

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!:jumping0041:

prerunner1982
10-21-2015, 09:24 PM
Sounds like getting your general (or even extra) may be pretty easy for you. I understand where you were going about the politics, but there needs to be some regulations and enforcement or it will end up like well....11m. Now i do think hams should be able to use their equipment on 11m, even at reduced watts.

Mayooo
10-22-2015, 03:00 PM
Keep passing my practice tests. Hopefully I'll get a chance to take the test soon.

Mayooo
02-09-2016, 11:28 AM
A lot has happened since I last posted. Been busy with family stuff. But I did pass my tech and they only gave the tech test at the club I went to so I need to still take my gen. I have made a lot of contacts and finding echolink quite fun. 6m is fun when it's open. And plenty of 10m contacts in my little allowed portion of the band.

KC3GBB 73's

OldFaurt
04-09-2016, 06:34 PM
A lot has happened since I last posted. Been busy with family stuff. But I did pass my tech and they only gave the tech test at the club I went to so I need to still take my gen. I have made a lot of contacts and finding echolink quite fun. 6m is fun when it's open. And plenty of 10m contacts in my little allowed portion of the band.

KC3GBB 73's

CONGRATULATIONS!
yes, I am late...
You are going to have a ball! there are so many really fun things to do no that you got your ticket!

Woo Hoo!

xjzaped
04-15-2016, 11:57 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!
yes, I am late...
You are going to have a ball! there are so many really fun things to do no that you got your ticket!

Woo Hoo!
I actually threw my call out today on a local repeater...first time for that in a few weeks. Slowly beginning to drift off a bit...

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk