PDA

View Full Version : NO terroist in the US for TRIAL

KennyB
11-13-2009, 09:46 AM
http://www.KeepAmericaSafe.com/
http://www.theBravest.com/
http://www.911familiesforamerica.org/

Check out these sites. I went and signed the list to protest bringing these sumbags to New York for trial!!! I cannot believe they are bringing these criminals to OUR Courts, to GET the same rights as all American Citizens!! This is Un Acceptable to me!! A Disgrace--- OBAMA may have signed his unemployment check now!! These idiots should be tried at a war crime tribunial!! Just like Nuremburg...WW2..... A Disgrace!!!

Mudderoy
11-13-2009, 09:54 AM
I dislike what Obama stands for intensely, however keep in mind that liberals were whining about giving these idiots our rights back when GW was president. Obama is actually doing what he promised to do. So as much as I dislike what he stands for I respect the man for following through on his promise.

I agree it is ludicrous to give these people the same rights. They weren't in the country illegally and arrested, they were captured on the battlefield in another country! The military should be the ones deciding what happens to these enemy combatants.

BlueXJ
11-13-2009, 01:32 PM
NO terroist in the US for TRAIL

For trail or trial?????????????

Voldemort
11-15-2009, 11:14 PM
Hell they want to bring the detainees from Guantanamo Bay to Illinois??? Yea so they will be all nice an cozy planning their next attack right there?

cheap jeep
11-16-2009, 08:34 AM
Maybe they can be shot while trying to escape,no trial-no reports to file.

Mudderoy
11-16-2009, 08:53 AM
As a country I think we do things to show that we are above all that normal B.S.

Like no racial profiling...
Giving rights to those how would enjoy sawing our heads off...

Those folks with those lofty principles better start getting in touch with the baser instincts otherwise a lot of us will be dead. And I'm not talking about less than 10 thousand of us (World Trade Towers and our military), I mean hundreds of thousands, or worse.

Logical
11-28-2009, 09:01 AM
I think there are a few misconceptions about these prisoners. This is my first post, so don't assume that I'm some hippie liberal (can't stand em'). Obama's intentions aren't to set these people free. In order to combat terrorism we have to take a look at our own policies, and guantanamo bay could be considered terrorism. Our relationship with Cuba is already awful, and guatmo only makes it worse.

We were told Operation Iraqi Freedom's goal was to throw down the evil dictator Saddam Hussein and to bring democracy to Iraq. However, when we round up prisoners and throw them in some camp in Cuba without a trial or charges, we don't set a good example. All we have done is bring terror and fear to the people of Iraq, exactly what we hung Saddam Hussein for.

You have to understand, the majority of these people want to live normal lives. I have had friends and family fight and die in Iraq. My uncle explained the process of how they round up prisoners in war, and I will do my best to sum it up. The military has a few informants in iraq that will give them lists of possible suspects, then, while the people are sleeping, soldiers storm their house's and arrest the suspects. Sometimes there's evidence, and other times there's not. These "suspects" then become our prisoners of war. Some are kept in camps and others are sent to guatmo. If you take a look at history you will see that we have had bad intelligence given to us in the past, and I can guarantee you we have detained innocent people.

The level of hate for our soldiers held by the people of Iraq increases every day. All we are accomplishing in the war on terror is making more and more terrorist. If we would have stopped and thought, we would have realized that maybe terrorist hate us because we are bullies. The war on terrorism has turned America into terrorist. The very definition of terrorism is using violence to get people to see your way, which is exactly what this war is.

Obama is not closing down guatmo so terrorist can be set free, he's doing it to set an example of democracy, which is a clearly defined role of the president in the Constitution. If these people are a threat, we will be able to determine that at their trial instead of condemning them based off of someone's hunch. I know it's hard to think outside of our beliefs, but we have to relize that not everyone thinks the way we do. No matter what anyone says, people are not equal or the same. To make a better world, we have to accept the fact that people are entitled to their belief, even if it is different than our own. What makes guatmo different than American P.O.W. camps. We have to lead by example if we want the world to be a better place. No one respects a hipocrate.

Most of all, don't categorize yourself as anything, that has been a major problem in the past. Don't do what the democrats say because you consider yourself a democrat, or adopt Rush Limbaugh's opinions because your a conservative. Get the facts and make your own decisions, don't mold your identity to fit a label. You are You.

Tell me what you think.

BlueXJ
11-28-2009, 10:32 AM
Extremely rational description, but these people (terrorists or not) do not deserve to be on trial in our domestic court system. The US courts assume the defendants have the rights that these people do not. If we allow them those rights them we are giving them an avenue to escape charges that war criminals should not have. A military tribunal seems more appropriate for the actions that they are accused of.
If found innocent then re-unite them with their family if found guilty then execute them. No in between.

Mudderoy
11-28-2009, 06:07 PM
First off thank you for expressing your point of view. It's important that we hear alternative ways of thinking from our own, or what news media outlet we get our "thoughts" from.

I think giving prisoner of war the same rights of the American people is wrong. They should be tried but by a military court.