RTPG
11-13-2009, 01:08 AM
Quartz Mountain in the Manastash Area, West of Ellensburg WA

http://www.aworc.com/event-reports/2009/11/Quartz-Mt/32.jpg

http://www.aworc.com/event-reports/2009/11/Quartz-Mt/33.jpg

http://www.aworc.com/event-reports/2009/11/Quartz-Mt/31.jpg

Mudderoy
11-13-2009, 01:10 AM
Those are some pretty photos. Everything running good now on the rig?

RTPG
11-13-2009, 02:43 AM
Those are some pretty photos. Everything running good now on the rig?

I am very happy with this XJ. I already want another one to put the new Rough Country Long Arm kit on ASAP.

XJ's are way more fun than I expected. :shocker:

Mudderoy
11-13-2009, 09:36 AM
I am very happy with this XJ. I already want another one to put the new Rough Country Long Arm kit on ASAP.

XJ's are way more fun than I expected. :shocker:

I don't have a lot of experience with 4x4s, but I can't believe my luck in getting such a wonderful vehicle. They are very sound (minus the engine cooling system). Drive well (braking is slightly poor), and really look BAD A$$ lifted.

Even the stock XJ does well off the pavement.

I mean if it came with lockers (and they burned the person that choose to put the D35 in them) it would be a truly amazing vehicle.

This is one of the major reasons I want to get the wife a 98(ish) TJ. Same drive train.

Maybe you already said, but why aren't you doing the long arms on this one?

4.3LXJ
11-13-2009, 10:13 AM
Snow already. Just doesn't seem like it is that late in the season, but then again it is. I'm getting used to all the warm weather down here and forgetting what is like up north.

Nice pics. We will be doing that soon too.

RTPG
11-13-2009, 01:59 PM
Maybe you already said, but why aren't you doing the long arms on this one?
Haven't decide yes or no yet.

IMO: It really doesn't "need" a long arm kit. It is very capable as it is with the short arm kit. The long arm kit is very cool but wouldn't get much real use so not sure what to do? If I need to do some hard core wheeling I will likely grab my FJ40 since it's already setup to do just about everything and this XJ is for my wife and kids.

I have thought about buying a nicer/newer one and pimping it out with the Rough Country long arm kit and other goodies and using it for "marketing"

Or I could buy a cheap one again and set it up for hard core use with the long arm. :confused::stars:

So many projects, so little time. :rotfl2:

Mudderoy
11-13-2009, 03:51 PM
Haven't decide yes or no yet.

IMO: It really doesn't "need" a long arm kit. It is very capable as it is with the short arm kit. The long arm kit is very cool but wouldn't get much real use so not sure what to do? If I need to do some hard core wheeling I will likely grab my FJ40 since it's already setup to do just about everything and this XJ is for my wife and kids.

I have thought about buying a nicer/newer one and pimping it out with the Rough Country long arm kit and other goodies and using it for "marketing"

Or I could buy a cheap one again and set it up for hard core use with the long arm. :confused::stars:

So many projects, so little time. :rotfl2:

I think that is a great idea. Get a 99, bright color, or black. Of course a custom 4wheelingplus paint job would really be nice.

RTPG
11-14-2009, 01:14 AM
I think that is a great idea. Get a 99, bright color, or black. Of course a custom 4wheelingplus paint job would really be nice.
Oh sure... encourage me to spend more money. My wife will be visiting you real soon. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I've got so many plans I can't keep them straight. :smiley-scared002:

Stay tuned for what ever is next. :confused:

Mudderoy
11-14-2009, 03:12 AM
Oh sure... encourage me to spend more money. My wife will be visiting you real soon. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I've got so many plans I can't keep them straight. :smiley-scared002:

Stay tuned for what ever is next. :confused:

Wait. She doesn't think that showing up to an "event" in a 4wheeldriveplus custom rig won't attract the "right" kind of attention?!?!?! Oh yeah I forgot, the chicks dig those rides too. :smiley-laughing021:

Melissa
11-14-2009, 11:33 AM
Nice pictures, but please keep the snow up in Washington, don't let it wander on down to Oregon :smiley-laughing021:

BlueXJ
11-15-2009, 07:28 AM
SNOW what is that again. It now is 7:30 AM and already near 80 degrees. Went to the beach last CHRISTMAS.

JG-Man
11-15-2009, 11:12 PM
Thanks for the pics. They are beautiful. If your XJ was bright red I would make it my new screen-saver!:camera:

Mudderoy
11-15-2009, 11:13 PM
Thanks for the pics. They are beautiful. If your XJ was bright red I would make it my new screen-saver!:camera:

lol, almost good enough!