PDA

View Full Version : What do you do for Thanksgiving?

Mudderoy
11-10-2009, 02:39 PM
My wife gets up at the crack of dawn and starts cooking. By 2pm my Mom, our 5 kids, mother in-law, father in-law, brother in-law, sister in-law (her husband and child) start eating. 15 to 45 minutes later everyone is done eating.

We normally have turkey, ham, boiled shrimp, dressing (corn bread), broccoli rice cheese casserole, green bean casserole, home made cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, yeast dinner rolls, real butter, and of course gravy. There is usually pumpkin pie, pecan pie, cherry coke salad, and cookies for desert.

Tea, Coke, and later Coffee to drink.

Every year I try to get my wife to go simple, like Stove Top for the dressing, and a couple of vegetables. You know so that the preparation time is only twice as long as the eating time? She won't do it. Everything is done from scratch.

After everyone leaves my wife drops in the bed and sleeps 5 hours. Me and the kids goof around TV, computer games, xbox games, naps, snacking on the left overs...

Melissa
11-10-2009, 02:46 PM
What is cherry coke salad??

Mudderoy
11-10-2009, 03:00 PM
What is cherry coke salad??

I don't know if this is the same recipe that my Mom uses, but the picture looks correct.

http://hostedmedia.reimanpub.com/TOH/Images/Photos/37/exps19028_TA51655D302A.jpg

:link: (http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Cherry-Coke-Salad)

This recipe says "soda" but it should be COKE! :patriot:

Melissa
11-10-2009, 03:19 PM
OOhhh, thats one I'm going to have to try!!

I'm the cook for my family, but this year my kids are with their father for thanksgiving. So I am going to cook a very small turkey, mashed potatos, turkey stuffing (home made), three bean casserole, yeast rolls, gravey, and pumkin pie. Should be a very easy day for me

Mudderoy
11-10-2009, 03:31 PM
OOhhh, thats one I'm going to have to try!!

I'm the cook for my family, but this year my kids are with their father for thanksgiving. So I am going to cook a very small turkey, mashed potatos, turkey stuffing (home made), three bean casserole, yeast rolls, gravey, and pumpkin pie. Should be a very easy day for me

My Mom has been fixing this for 30+ Thanksgivings. I always have some.

alwaysxj
11-10-2009, 03:58 PM
up intell acouple of years a go we would go to the ski tow of park city were they had the 2002 winter games and go to a condo that was my grand ma and grand pa condo. my grand ma has died now and so they sold the condo so now we are a run around we go to about three houses to eat it is a all day thing.

Mudderoy
11-10-2009, 04:03 PM
up intell acouple of years a go we would go to the ski tow of park city were they had the 2002 winter games and go to a condo that was my grand ma and grand pa condo. my grand ma has died now and so they sold the condo so now we are a run around we go to about three houses to eat it is a all day thing.

lol, having the best of what they made at three different houses sounds pretty good! :driving:

warrpath4x4
11-10-2009, 04:26 PM
I usually had to work on thanksgiving but last year and this year we are going to the ol ladys moms for thanksgiving.

We do christmas at my parents house.

2000XJ
11-10-2009, 04:50 PM
Since me and my g/f started dating holidays have become hectic....

We split Thanksgiving, so part of the day with her family and part of the day with mine. She eats once, I eat twice :D

Her family goes out for Thanksgiving so we usually end up at some outstanding buffet at one of the local restaurants, and my family is Cuban, and my mother and grand mothers make some delicious food.

4.3LXJ
11-10-2009, 05:06 PM
We fix all the stuff minus the turkey in about an hour, sit down and eat it and just relax. I think this year, I'm going wheeling!

AJ99
11-10-2009, 05:23 PM
my wife, kids, myself and the inlaws are going up to big bear to stay with my wifes cousin at their cabin and im going wheeling!!!

xjjeepthing
11-10-2009, 06:53 PM
We switch year to year. One year family the next hers. This year is hers. Huge family, somewhere around 40 people or so. Deep Fries Turkey with all the usual things. I also get ot do a little hunting with the brother in laws. Always get a few rabbits and squirrel

Voldemort
11-10-2009, 11:42 PM
Eat and watch Football!!!! And then Eat again and when it is all said and done I eat Turkey sandwiches.

ssj123
11-11-2009, 12:35 AM
first year at my own place so i decide to have the feast here. its going to be a hectic one considering ive never had to take on the task of cooking all the food on my own. i think ill put the fire dept on speed dial!!

Mudderoy
11-11-2009, 01:11 AM
first year at my own place so i decide to have the feast here. its going to be a hectic one considering ive never had to take on the task of cooking all the food on my own. i think ill put the fire dept on speed dial!!

I did it one year. I couldn't keep my wife out of the kitchen, but I did most of it. She fixes the same dinner for Thanksgiving and Christmas! I did one she did the other. Now I just try to talk her out of fixing so much.

Looks like I succeeded this year. I told her we had to pay taxes at the end of the year, so we had to keep the meal simple, and cheaper.

DETOURS
11-11-2009, 06:57 PM
I'd like to have some fried fish one year, just to mix things up........:thumbsup:

Indiana Jeep
11-14-2009, 04:40 PM
I have always wanted to try this, It's a turkey that is stuffed with a duck that has been stuffed with a chicken. I've heard it's really good.:smiley-scared002::smiley-scared002:

BlueXJ
11-14-2009, 06:40 PM
We are Italian so we have Lasagna for Thanksgiving!!!

96 cherokee
11-14-2009, 07:01 PM
We go 4wheelin turkey day masacre 3 to 4 hundred trucks at the Mounds Mt Morris Mich

Mudderoy
11-14-2009, 07:32 PM
We go 4wheelin turkey day masacre 3 to 4 hundred trucks at the Mounds Mt Morris Mich

I don't want to scare people off sharing information like this by always requesting pictures, but... :camera: :smiley-laughing021:

DETOURS
11-14-2009, 07:58 PM
I don't want to scare people off sharing information like this by always requesting pictures, but... :camera: :smiley-laughing021:

Most likely bull..........
Just learned we're having beef again.....no fish..............:headshake:
She's a weird'o.........I want some freakin fish dammit............:rolleyes:

96 cherokee
11-15-2009, 01:44 PM
Dont know why you think i would make that up been going on for many years heres the web site check it out
www.wegotmud.com

4.3LXJ
11-15-2009, 02:09 PM
Looks like lots of hard core guys and gals in that group.

Mudderoy
11-15-2009, 02:56 PM
Dont know why you think i would make that up been going on for many years heres the web site check it out
www.wegotmud.com

lol no. I didn't have any doubt that this is what you were going to do. Sounds great, and I'd like to see some pictures of it. If I keep asking people to take pictures they may stop telling me about the cool stuff they are doing.

96 cherokee
11-15-2009, 03:31 PM
I will post pictures coulnt find last years but i think im going to take the samurai this year
http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv256/supersami88/100_2752.jpg

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv256/supersami88/100_3117.jpg

4.3LXJ
11-15-2009, 04:38 PM
Nice Sammy. Someday mine will run again!

DETOURS
11-15-2009, 05:11 PM
Eating fish tonight...........so I guess that works.:cool:

Crazy people in MI. :smiley-scared002: