PDA

View Full Version : Throttle cable question

XjJeepacorn
08-08-2015, 10:03 AM
Hey everyone! Long time no see!

I don't remember if I updated you guys about my silver xj or not but I've been building a silver one! It's coming along nicely.

I just bought a 2000 gc wj and the plastic tab that connects the throttle cable that goes to the transmission from the throttle body is broken. My wj has a 4l straight 6 and an aw4 transmission. I know that much! My question is can I pull the throttle cable off the red jeep (xj) and put it on the wj? Further more Mr. 4.3 I don't know what axel it has yet but if it ends up having the Dana 44 can you send me a link to the thread where you beefed up your 44 I don't want aluminum cap braking lol. My gf and I bought the wj to play with and to haul around her Harley and as a back up if my xj brakes down and I need it for work. Thanks a bunch as always guys. Love yas :)

bluedragon436
08-08-2015, 10:38 AM
Are you referring to the TV (Kickdown) cable?? Goes from the TB down to the transmission??

xj-jake
08-08-2015, 11:28 AM
That's what it sounds like to me James.

The kickdown cable from an XJ will not work on a WJ. Different transmissions.

4.3LXJ
08-16-2015, 11:12 PM
Hey everyone! Long time no see!

I don't remember if I updated you guys about my silver xj or not but I've been building a silver one! It's coming along nicely.

I just bought a 2000 gc wj and the plastic tab that connects the throttle cable that goes to the transmission from the throttle body is broken. My wj has a 4l straight 6 and an aw4 transmission. I know that much! My question is can I pull the throttle cable off the red jeep (xj) and put it on the wj? Further more Mr. 4.3 I don't know what axel it has yet but if it ends up having the Dana 44 can you send me a link to the thread where you beefed up your 44 I don't want aluminum cap braking lol. My gf and I bought the wj to play with and to haul around her Harley and as a back up if my xj brakes down and I need it for work. Thanks a bunch as always guys. Love yas :)

If you have the 4.0, then you have a D35 rear. You can throw in a D44HD. It will bolt in. To strengthen those you just need to drill and tap a hole in both the aluminum and steel. Then just put in a 3/8" bolt

abebehrmann
08-17-2015, 12:12 PM
My wj has a 4l straight 6 and an aw4 transmission.

I thought the 4.0L WJs came with the 42RE trans? Did someone swap in an AW4? I'm considering doing the same swap with my girlfriend's 42RLE if/when hers gives up the ghost, but hopefully will not have to cross that bridge for a long time.