PDA

View Full Version : Headlight problems

jason2187
05-23-2015, 02:31 AM
I have an issue with the headlights on my 01 Cherokee sport. When I pull the switch out the tail and running lights come on but no headlights.if I hold the high/lo beam lever back I have high beams but that's the only way to get any lights. Can anyone help me with this. Thanks.

jason2187
05-23-2015, 02:38 AM
When I pull the headlight knob out the lights do not come on any suggestions? Thanks.

Joliet Johnny
05-23-2015, 05:24 AM
Id start by removing the switch to check for corrosion 1st, then check to see if there is 12V in one of the pins going to the switch. I know from personal experience that Chrysler had problems with headlight switches in the 90s so its possible the switch is to blame. Im assuming no other lights come on when the switch is pulled, if they do check for 12V in your headlight sockets.

cpttuna
05-23-2015, 08:40 AM
DO you have a tilt steering wheel? if so ,Change the position of it after you raise and lower it a couple of times. We had one xj that every time the one son got in and changed the position of the wheel, the lights wouldn't work.

OldFaurt
05-23-2015, 11:45 PM
I have an issue with the headlights on my 01 Cherokee sport. When I pull the switch out the tail and running lights come on but no headlights.if I hold the high/lo beam lever back I have high beams but that's the only way to get any lights. Can anyone help me with this. Thanks.

Check the 10 pin connector under the Air cleaner box, they are not well sealed and get VERY FUNKY GREEN NASTIES in them, then they get hot, then the pins are not tight, then... No Headlights! Yes, I have pics but need to re-size them...

OldFaurt
05-24-2015, 12:08 AM

Check the 10 pin connector under the Air cleaner box,
they are not well sealed and are susceptible to corrosion!

Why Yes, I have pics...

this is the headlight side...
And this is the switch side!

Left untreated, you will have dimming of vision,
and even the possibility to NOT see at all!
Don't allow this to interfere with your relationships
Clean your connector and rub some soothing dielectric grease from
you local auto parts store on the affected area before plugging in!

There now, isn't that a lot better?

jason2187
05-24-2015, 12:15 AM
Thanks I'll check it out and clean it up.