PDA

View Full Version : what is the coolest thing you have found while "wheeling"

AJ99
11-05-2009, 02:40 AM
I have found some interesting things while i was out wheeling.

On my first wheeling trip i found a box out in the middle of nowhere on this trail that looked like it hadnt been used in about 5 years that had a bunch or welding rod, a roll or wire, a few c clamps, extension cords, a pig tail (electrical connector) and a hard hat.

On my last trip to the desert we explored some mines and found some old beer cans with the older style pop tops.

And tonight my buddy jake87xj bet that i couldnt make it from the other side of town back to my house with out driving on a street except to cross it and so i did and i found a one year old 35in MT tire cant remember the name right now but the tread is almost identical to the BFG M/T.

Voldemort
11-05-2009, 02:53 AM
I got a 8.8 and some leafs off a rolled Exploder that was the best stuff I have ever found, the weirdest was a '98 Dodge Neon WAAAYYY back on a trail that was hard for my Jeep to get to. How it got there I'll never know

AJ99
11-05-2009, 04:01 AM
I got a 8.8 and some leafs off a rolled Exploder that was the best stuff I have ever found, the weirdest was a '98 Dodge Neon WAAAYYY back on a trail that was hard for my Jeep to get to. How it got there I'll never know

There is a dirt road (sheep trail) that goes over the mountain range near my house and the mountains get a bit of snow over the pass and there was a newer impala that was coming down on one rim, snow tire on the other and flat back tires. He managed to go through the 3 foot deep snow at the top and the 2 foot deep mud at the bottom of the trail that made my dodge have issues going straight through it. I was driving with my steering wheel all the way to the right and the rear kicked out to the side. (its that bad of mud. My dodge is also on 33x12.5) Once he got out of the mud his transmission was gone though LMAO

Mudderoy
11-05-2009, 09:28 AM

Aliens! Little bastards!

4.3LXJ
11-05-2009, 09:39 AM
Wow, where to start? Mine shafts, cool rocks and minerals, my first V8 engine that I put in a Jeep under a real shade tree when I was 19, ghost towns, antique square spike in my tire of course, ditches that fed hydraulic mine monitors, gold ore processing facilities, grave yards, one of the only old growth forests in the Sierras, endangered plants, great fishing spots, steam donkeys, most of an ore cart, and much more if I take some time to think about it.

Melissa
11-05-2009, 02:29 PM
Steam donkeys??

4.3LXJ
11-05-2009, 06:51 PM
Yup, that is what they called them. They were a steam engine on skids that had winch capstans on them or belt rollers. They were used in logging and mining. Instead of being on wheels, the large logs were rounded on the ends and they winched themselves around the woods or the mine fields where ever power was needed. Quite common in the latter 19th century.

Melissa
11-05-2009, 10:20 PM
Yup, that is what they called them. They were a steam engine on skids that had winch capstans on them or belt rollers. They were used in logging and mining. Instead of being on wheels, the large logs were rounded on the ends and they winched themselves around the woods or the mine fields where ever power was needed. Quite common in the latter 19th century.

Ok, I understand now, thank you :)

2000XJ
11-06-2009, 03:47 PM
I found a muffler hanging from a tree. Yea, pretty boring :(

DETOURS
11-06-2009, 07:46 PM
Womens underwear strung thru-out trees. (state forest in CT)

Dead body.................(state land in MA, never actually found the body.....but we were asked by state forest rangers to keep an eye out for a missing elderly man, body was located 1 day later by hikers)

You'll find all kinds of crazy shiat in Jersey..........the list is tooo long to type.

Ruinator
11-06-2009, 07:52 PM
A naked girlfriend in the back seat:thumbsup::D:D

4.3LXJ
11-06-2009, 08:12 PM
I was wheeling one night and came upon a black bear on the side of the road. I only saw the back half. When I got home, I told my wife I saw a black bear a$$:rotfl2:

Almost got in real trouble over that.

AJ99
11-06-2009, 09:49 PM
lmao good stuff... I forgot in a mine in last chance found a diesel tank that looked like it caught fire in the mine, and the rails for the carts and pieces of some had carts and a full one.

Went tubing down the local river this summer which i took the jeep to the drop in section lol and found underware, bras, and some other stuff that were used along the river side LMAO

also i occasionally find the wife naked in the back seat while wheeling LMAO

d0nt_h8
11-07-2009, 12:09 AM
I was out hunting/wheeling in Az some years ago, near Yucca.. and while crossing some hills I happened across an old graveyard. It appeared several were family members, and many were from 1800s.. there was even a later grave from a man who served in WWI.

It was really out in the middle of nowhere 15 years ago.. I can only imagine what it was like when they were laid to rest! It was so interesting!

Mudderoy
11-07-2009, 03:29 AM
I was out hunting/wheeling in Az some years ago, near Yucca.. and while crossing some hills I happened across an old graveyard. It appeared several were family members, and many were from 1800s.. there was even a later grave from a man who served in WWI.

It was really out in the middle of nowhere 15 years ago.. I can only imagine what it was like when they were laid to rest! It was so interesting!

This is why you should always carry a camera when you wheel.

BlueXJ
11-07-2009, 05:57 PM
A baby fawn that was orphanned by his dead (car hit) mother. We raised it on goat milk and horse feed. That was many years ago in Md.

Mudderoy
11-07-2009, 06:02 PM
A baby fawn that was orphanned by his dead (car hit) mother. We raised it on goat milk and horse feed. That was many years ago in Md.

What happened to it? Let it go and unknown, or can you do that to a wild animal that has been domesticated?

BlueXJ
11-07-2009, 06:06 PM
Once it was eating the shrubs we loaded it up and took it to a state park where hunting was not allowed. About a total of 6-8 months.

KennyB
11-18-2009, 02:40 PM
When I was a kid----raised in Torrance Calif...We went dirt bikin and dune buggies.... 60's and early 70's out to mojave, Lancaster, El Marage lake, Pismo and Glamis to the dunes ect... We use to go out to old mining ghost towns that my uncle found in the old desert magazines.... Once when I was like 13,,,we were all caravaning across the desert out some plce around edwards AFB, and ran across an unexploded WW2 BOMB stickin up out of the dirt....hell we fond like 5 of them....my dad and uncle call the Air Force on monday and took em out to where they were and they blew them all up...My dad tooks pics and all----I think that was around 69-70

Now--- I do find the Wife Naked back there occasionally---but most of the time it is only our 11 yr old LOLOLOL---Kinda puts a damper on the naked thang!!!

Mudderoy
11-18-2009, 04:35 PM
When I was a kid----raised in Torrance Calif...We went dirt bikin and dune buggies.... 60's and early 70's out to mojave, Lancaster, El Marage lake, Pismo and Glamis to the dunes ect... We use to go out to old mining ghost towns that my uncle found in the old desert magazines.... Once when I was like 13,,,we were all caravaning across the desert out some plce around edwards AFB, and ran across an unexploded WW2 BOMB stickin up out of the dirt....hell we fond like 5 of them....my dad and uncle call the Air Force on monday and took em out to where they were and they blew them all up...My dad tooks pics and all----I think that was around 69-70

Now--- I do find the Wife Naked back there occasionally---but most of the time it is only our 11 yr old LOLOLOL---Kinda puts a damper on the naked thang!!!

I was hoping you were going to say "we came upon a crashed UFO!!!!" :shocker: :smiley-laughing021:

AJ99
11-18-2009, 05:00 PM
man i almost thought you were gonna say it turned out to be a crapper tank lol (joe dirt)

KennyB
11-18-2009, 06:04 PM
I was hoping you were going to say "we came upon a crashed UFO!!!!" :shocker: :smiley-laughing021:

We took the UFO Home and didn't tell the Gov..... They would have took it and hid it with the rest of them they have hidden... :smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021::patriot::patriot: