PDA

View Full Version : Website Improvements?

Mudderoy
11-04-2009, 01:01 PM
We are coming up on our 8th full month of operation, and based on some feedback, membership increase, and repeat offenders, ahhhh visitors, I think we're doing ok.

There is a section at the bottom of the forums page that allows you a special place to tell us what you don't like, or something you would like to add.

I think we've been responsive to those ideas and requests, if not just tell us.

This is the point of this post. Just a reminder that we like hearing from you on what you like, don't like, or used to like but now it's getting old.

Speak up! Chances are good that we can do something about it.

I personally would like to see more technical write ups and questions. That was the #1 reason I started searching the Internet XJ sites because I had a problem and I wanted to resolve it myself. NAXJA was a great resource for that and I gladly paid for a membership after easily saving several hundreds of dollars.

I want this board to provide entertainment of course, but more importantly to help people save money and keep their aging rigs wheeling.

So let us know how we are doing. If you don't want to make it public just PM me. If you want to complain about me, well you're pretty well screwed! :rotfl2: But if you want to anyway please complain to me, failing that one of the super moderators. Melissa, BlueXJ, or xjjeepthing.

If you like the site please invite people to the board. The easiest way (for the new member) is to use the boards invitation system. Your referral receives an e-mail and all they have to do is click the link to sign up. You can access the invitation system by clicking on "User CP" on the nar bar above.

:link: (http://www.xjtalk.com/profile.php?do=invitation)

My sincere thank you to everyone that has joined, added humor, technical and a real since of welcome to the site! No matter how good the board is it is really only as good as the members.

GoreXJ95
11-05-2009, 08:22 AM
Put some states in a certain section check out www.cherokeeforum.com and then scroll down you will see all the states and how they are put togethor. this is what i meen.

Mudderoy
11-05-2009, 09:38 AM
Put some states in a certain section check out www.cherokeeforum.com and then scroll down you will see all the states and how they are put togethor. this is what i meen.

This is actually and old request that I started looking into then it died. I'll have a look again.

toast018
11-07-2009, 11:18 AM
I actually love this site more than any other jeep forum. I like that fact it is comprised of a small dedicated group of individuals. Great Job and Great Site! Keep up the great work!!!

Mudderoy
11-07-2009, 11:45 AM
I actually love this site more than any other jeep forum. I like that fact it is comprised of a small dedicated group of individuals. Great Job and Great Site! Keep up the great work!!!

Thanks! Having the good stuff from the other great sites, and being a little different is our goal.

BlueXJ
11-07-2009, 02:00 PM
We are progressive among XJ sites.

Mudderoy
11-09-2009, 09:36 AM

I found it. I had started on it, with Texas. I've activated what I have. So everyone have a look at we can change to suit. I'd rather not copy CT besides I don't know how they came up with theirs. It may be better to get people's input on xjtalk and see how they would like it formatted.

Texas is pretty big, that's why I've divided it up. I'm assuming that activities, wheeling trips, etc... would be put in this section. For sale items that people would rather have picked up than to ship, you know. I think of it of how far would I be willing to drive for something.

We can expand the areas, call them something different. Perhaps some of the more "smaller" states would like to be clumped together with other's in that same area.

I dunno. :stars: