PDA

View Full Version : Where do you park?

Mudderoy
11-04-2009, 10:18 AM
I remember in years past I wasn't so lucky to have a covered parking place for my vehicle. Prior to the Jeep I had a 1994 F150 Extended cab. I really liked it. I would buy another Ford pickup in a flash. If I sucked in my gut I could park it in the garage at home, so it normally stayed in the driveway.

So I'd say a good 90% of the time the XJ has been in covered parking. I think this is one of the reasons the paint has held up so well.

So where do you park at home, and at work? How's your paint holding up?

AJ99
11-04-2009, 10:42 AM
um well at home it sits on the street and when i was working they tried to force me to park it in back of the shop until i told them that they cant single me out and if i had to park my jeep in the back everyone else had to park back there too... (That was right after i tipped it and took my doors off... My shop doesnt appreciate jeeps

Mudderoy
11-04-2009, 10:45 AM
um well at home it sits on the street and when i was working they tried to force me to park it in back of the shop until i told them that they cant single me out and if i had to park my jeep in the back everyone else had to park back there too... (That was right after i tipped it and took my doors off... My shop doesnt appreciate jeeps

Wow. Do you think that had anything to do with you losing your job?

AJ99
11-04-2009, 11:00 AM
no i know why i lost it. I had gotten a fragment of something metal in my eye while i was taking carpet out of this house that was just remodeled and made the claim for workmans comp and they tried to say it happened at home because they know i do all the work on the jeep myself. Workerscomp favored me in the investigation but that is the reason they laid me off. Either way a couple of us that have worked for the company are talking about taking them to the labor bored. but i dont think i want a part of that mess LOL

Voldemort
11-04-2009, 11:24 AM
no i know why i lost it. I had gotten a fragment of something metal in my eye while i was taking carpet out of this house that was just remodeled and made the claim for workmans comp and they tried to say it happened at home because they know i do all the work on the jeep myself. Workerscomp favored me in the investigation but that is the reason they laid me off. Either way a couple of us that have worked for the company are talking about taking them to the labor bored. but i dont think i want a part of that mess LOL

You should do all you can! hat is how those places get away with treating people like trash, cause people " i dont think i want a part of that mess LOL". It may be a mess and hard but you should stand up for yourself and others. I hope you reconsider.

As for the parking thing I got one in a garage, two on the street, and one in my back yard.:thumbsup:

4.3LXJ
11-04-2009, 11:29 AM

Labor boards will fight for you and carry a lot of weight and pack a big punch. But the question is, would you want to work for them again anyway?

Mudderoy
11-04-2009, 11:57 AM
How much of that information gets around? I mean would fighting it make it more, or less likely that you'd find another job? It's great if you fight and you have enough money never have to work again. I'm with you guys about standing up for what is right, but I have a family to feed (and a Jeep).

alwaysxj
11-04-2009, 12:25 PM
you know it is funny how many shops will do this to people i was working a a granite fab shop and any time someone got hurt the owner would just pay for it out of his pocket so his workers comp would not go up. i had a buddy that cut the tip of his finger off useing a table saw and they took him to the hospital and told them that it happened at the bosses house doing side work. they paid him off so he would not file a clame. but all the gave hime was a dirt bike for his son and like $500 bucks. then he found out for this guy that he knew that workmens comp pays people for stuff like that. i guess this guy had something like that happen to him lost a finger or something and he got a check for like 150 gs for the loss of a body part. so i think that you need to stand up for what is right we need to stop these people that dont want to pay some more money to make sure that their people are taken care off.

oh and i park in the drive way

xj4life2
11-04-2009, 12:41 PM
Garage on those lucky occasions, mostly under the portable garage (now that I have one) but she has spent the majority of her life out in the elements. Thats why I use only Krylon paint !!! lol lol

Melissa
11-04-2009, 03:01 PM
My poor Jeep sits out in the weather 99% of the time, and so my paint is shit!! I do plan on getting it painted right after I have a nice warm home out of the weather built for it.

4.3LXJ
11-04-2009, 06:19 PM
Mine has been in the sun all its life I think. The clear coat is going south on it. Going to need to paint it at the end of the build.

tbone
11-04-2009, 09:52 PM
Mine set's in front of the house, no garage, got one in the plans though.

As far as the labor board goes, I had a friend go through the same thing and he took them to the labor board. When it was over they didn't have to hire him back but they where ordered to pay him a nice sum of money. :patriot:

2000XJ
11-04-2009, 11:02 PM
My '00 spent the first four years of its life garaged by the original owner, and then since June '05 it's lived outside in the elements. Before it became a pretty much trail rig only, it got polished/waxed 1 to 2 times a month, and in most places the paint is actually still in incredible shape. The roof is the only place where it's starting to really suck.

The '01 has great paint, and also lives out in the elements. I think that between '01 and '05 it was garaged, then from '05 on, with the second owner, it was out in the elements again - but he was pretty anal about it and kept it clean year-round.

AJ99
11-04-2009, 11:22 PM
well the reason im thinking of not doing it is the fact that it goes on a record and companies look at that stuff (or at least im told that by my inlaws) Im going to talk to the other guy and see what he thinks and at least talk to them.

Oh also my paint is rattle can so if it fades it costs me 5 bucks lol

BlueXJ
11-04-2009, 11:32 PM
I park under that big old TEXAS sky.