PDA

View Full Version : Harbor freight tools info and more

Doriansrjeep93
04-19-2015, 02:03 PM
So I work at harbor freight tools and have bought almost all the tools you will ever need for a XJ. I can even let you guys in on are sales and what's going on sale so us XJers can stay on the trails. So my project cheap Cherokee will be sporting something's that we carry and will work. I will post pics as I get them done. If anyone needs more info you can PM me or I your needing fast info pm me with a number to txt and i will be more then welcome to help out fellow XJers. Happy trail mobbin.

bluedragon436
04-19-2015, 02:49 PM
I've started collecting all kinds of tools from HF for my build.. Heck used a 2-ton engine hoist (shop crane) to jack up and support the whole rear of my XJ so we could do the rear suspension (and now I've purchased a 2 ton shop crane to have just in case in the garage.. Now I just need to order the engine leveler deal to have on hand when it comes time for engine removal, since my local HF never has them... Matter of fact, I just went yesterday and picked up an SAE and Metric impact sockets.. all so I could remove the front two 35's off my 90 and install stock 29" tires so it could be loaded up on a dolly and head to it's new home.. Place is dangerous sometimes though... I spent over $450 in two days there.. lol

4.3LXJ
04-19-2015, 03:32 PM
Since you work there, here is a question for you. I was looking at this mobility carrier the other day and if you unbolted the receiver on it, it would make an excellent roof rack. It measures 27"X47" and looks sturdy.

http://www.harborfreight.com/500-lb-capacity-aluminum-mobility-wheelchair-and-scooter-carrier-69687.html

The question is, can you get parts for it to put a front bar across the back and box it in with something that looks nice? Of course you could always cut down the ramp to fit across the back. But just wondering

Doriansrjeep93
04-19-2015, 04:49 PM
Yeah are ramps would work. But at 59$ for the 1/2 ones I might not cut them up lol. Yeah I work there and every time I get payed I spend a 1/4 of my pay check back into there lol. But plus side is when ever I need to replace something its no problem.

4.3LXJ
04-19-2015, 05:13 PM
I probably wouldn't ever use this for a luggage rack personally, but I was thinking that for $179 that would make a nice rack for someone to bolt down to our existing rails. It is nice and sturdy and looks nice

Doriansrjeep93
04-19-2015, 07:42 PM
I was looking at are hitch mount winch mounts and I'm going to get her done. When I do ill add pics so everyone can benefit from it that has a small budget like I do. Like I said if anyone need something let me know. I live in a state where there is no sales tax and i get 20% off my whole purchase and not the 20% on one item. So I would be willing to help out an any way possible.

XJ Wheeler
04-19-2015, 08:02 PM
Nice! My Harbor Freight collection is growing just about every week. It makes a lot of things possible that otherwise just couldn't happen. And I mean the prices. Changed out my rear wheel bearings and seals last year. Got the bearing puller attachments for my sliding hammer and the seal driver set for just over $50. That would have been probably more than $150 at sears or something and I can't afford prices like that. Like I said, it makes a lot of things possible.

And I am now an ITC member. :D

Doriansrjeep93
04-19-2015, 09:03 PM
Sweetness!!! ITC is the way to go cus of all the additional things and prices you get and 29.99 for a year is not bad at all. Are Moto is quality tools at ridiculously low prices.

bluedragon436
04-19-2015, 10:34 PM
I've never even heard of the ITC program... WTF?!!! Man.. all the money I've spent @ HF, you'd think they'd have said something about it by now.. Heck, some of them know me by name I've been in there so many times...

XJ Wheeler
04-19-2015, 10:56 PM
Love it! The first time i heard about it i saved more than the membership cost. Anything else is just a bonus!

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

bluedragon436
04-19-2015, 10:57 PM
Love it! The first time i heard about it i saved more than the membership cost. Anything else is just a bonus!

Yeah no doubt... I'm sure I would as well.. Especially with all the purchases I've made in the last two months working on the XJ...

XJ Wheeler
04-19-2015, 11:10 PM
Better late than never! :D

Doriansrjeep93
04-19-2015, 11:23 PM
Ok l. I'm sorry they have not told you about the Inside Track Club. Rundown time!!! So the ITC or Inside Track Club is 29.99 for one year, now the benefits of having the ITC are you get 1,000$ worth of coupons every month and more if you have a smart phone. Also then HFT has its big parking lot sales your get all the sale prices the day before. On top of that all orange tags on marked products is what price you pay. And much much more lol. But if you are going to get an ITC please tell them the employee that told you about it and his # is 224382. I will help out so I hope you guys can too. No sales pitch just wont recognition for doing my job of helping out guy with common interests.

abebehrmann
04-20-2015, 10:26 AM
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think if you sign up for the ITC within 30 days of your purchases, they will refund you the difference.

I know I've done this with other coupons from HF before (bought something and then a week later got a coupon for it in my email), but I've never had the money to sign up for ITC.

Doriansrjeep93
04-20-2015, 12:43 PM
So yes you can come back in for the difference. The only thing is it has to be with the current sale price. Also at any time you don't wont the ITC you can return it for a refund. Most of are tools have better warranty's then sears. And almost all Pittsburg tools have a lifetime guarantee. I always tell people to get an extended warranty on things we offer them on for the purpose of this is mass produced and every so often it has a manufacturer defect. And one last thing as long as you have your receipt and its under 90 days you can return it for a full refund with no hassle. Hope this info helps. Please feel free to ask about anything. Don't forget the big tent sale in June so get your ITC before then so you can get thos prices the day before the sale.

autotech98
04-26-2015, 04:54 PM
My wife gets nervous when i go to HF........

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547

Doriansrjeep93
04-26-2015, 07:45 PM
Does she raid your wallet and only leave you bare minimum when you go? Lol I know I work there lol.

bluedragon436
04-27-2015, 12:22 AM
I have to stop myself sometimes when I go in there.. I have gotten down to now I only go when I absolutely need something from there... that way I can do my best to walk in to get that one thing and usually only snag one or two other items on the way to or from that item I originally went for.. Like the last time I went, I was going to pick up a set of Metric impact deep well sockets... figured while I was there, might as well pick up a set of standard impact deep well sockets.... and snagged two more sets of the orange tie down straps while the coupon I had was still valid... and then got a 50ft garden hose, so I could hook up and test out my $69 HF 1600 psi pressure washer I had picked up on a previous visit.. Lets just say I can see that bad boy coming in real handy... for as long as it wants to run that is... and when it dies.. well that's what I have the warranty for... trade it in no questions asked..

autotech98
04-27-2015, 05:14 AM
You know how when we go shopping with them they gotta look at every blouse in the store? She says thats me at HF...hahaha.

OneArmArrowSlinger
04-30-2015, 01:13 PM
Sub'd, thanks for the info man

XJ Wheeler
04-30-2015, 01:23 PM
Was just at the one i frequent the other day. Picked up a hex bit set. :D Had some entertainment too. Couple dozen cop cars swarming the area and finally taken down one of four robbery suspects one block down at a gas station. Shots fired, chase, the whole shabang. Two got away. :rolleyes:

Joliet Johnny
05-16-2015, 05:43 AM
My strategy with HF is I go in with a 20% coupon and one to get a free flashlight or something and I allow myself one purchased item and one free one. Its awesum and horrible that we have one within bike riding distance. So far Ive only been let down with that 19.99 impact but maybe when I get around to breaking it open and working on it it will be a good tool?

autotech98
05-16-2015, 10:08 AM
My wife always asks "do you really need that" and i reply do you and our daughters need 200 pair of shoes? Usually ends the debate..lol

myjeep
01-11-2016, 11:01 AM
just bought the shrinker and stretcher to make my own fender flares, with the 20% coupon.

i saw the 12000 badland winch and the coupon says last markdown??? ends, end of febuary.

bluedragon436
01-12-2016, 04:31 PM
My strategy with HF is I go in with a 20% coupon and one to get a free flashlight or something and I allow myself one purchased item and one free one. Its awesum and horrible that we have one within bike riding distance. So far Ive only been let down with that 19.99 impact but maybe when I get around to breaking it open and working on it it will be a good tool?

What were you using it for when it quit working?? I've used my $19.99 impact for all kinds of stuff, without fail... Should start putting my purchases of items that I get the extended warranty on, so I can know when they come due, so if needed or if they have been used quite a bit, I can swap em out for a new one before hand...

just bought the shrinker and stretcher to make my own fender flares, with the 20% coupon.

i saw the 12000 badland winch and the coupon says last markdown??? ends, end of febuary.

Guess that means I'm going to have to print out the coupon and go purchase one, finally... Wish I could get the 12k version that doesn't have the auto tension portion.. since I plan on converting over to synthetic line, won't need or be able to use that setup...

blazer2
01-13-2016, 07:09 PM
there quart spray gun the $15.00 one. Is hands down on of the better one's out there.
Before it died. It did 9 equipment trailers and 7 tractors. And 2 ditch witch 3700 trenchers.
And a handful of other things. The spray was great it did take me sometime to get it set up.
But after i had it dialed in. It was almost better than my HVLP system. I do know that the Orings didn't like the cleaner I ran through the last time. The lacquer thinner turned them into goo.