PDA

View Full Version : Prayers needed plz

Mayooo
04-13-2015, 06:26 AM
My wife and I usually are private people when it comes to our personal life's. Just recently we became blessed with a baby boy.. On Tuesday, my 3mo old son was giggling in the morning and by noon he was being rushed to the ER.. One he got to the ER, he rapidly deteriorated to the point of having 20 doctors trying to bring him back.. This was within 5 mins of being in the ER.. And my poor wife watched everything.

It took about an hour for him to stabilize to put him on life support. Once stable he was flow to a advance children's hospital. And we where told to prepare ourselves... Now how the heck do you drive to a hospital that is a 2 hr drive when you son is being flown there and they tell you he might not make the flight but he MUST GO!

Thank god he survived the flight.. He was diagnosed with desmoplastic xanthoastroytoma ganglioglioma.. A very rare tumor. So rare that a top neurosurgeon heard about it and flew up just to be the one to preform the brain surgery. He has only see one case of this 30yrs ago..

My son pulled thru the operation with flying colors but it's still a long road.. And I'm worried that this has mentally affected my wife..

On a lighter side.. Y'all should have seen how I parked the xj at the first hospital. (Which I still need to pickup).. There was no parking spaces avaliable so I just drove the xj up over the curb and into the flower bed next to the entrance. I mean it was full-all-4-wheels up and over the curb and up the mulch mound with sprouting greens.. I just said @&$#-it reached down. Put her in 4wheel and up I went.. The security tried to stop me as I was running into the ER but a doctor that was waiting for me and stopped them and said he's fine.. I did move it before we drive to the next hospital.

abebehrmann
04-13-2015, 09:17 AM
I'm so sorry your family has to go through this. You, your wife, and your son will be in my prayers.

DanB98TJ
04-13-2015, 12:54 PM
I will be praying for your son's complete recovery, as well as for comfort and strength for you and your wife. This is every parent's worse nightmare, and I can't begin to imagine how difficult this time has been.

Mudderoy
04-13-2015, 01:00 PM
My wife and I usually are private people when it comes to our personal life's. Just recently we became blessed with a baby boy.. On Tuesday, my 3mo old son was giggling in the morning and by noon he was being rushed to the ER.. One he got to the ER, he rapidly deteriorated to the point of having 20 doctors trying to bring him back.. This was within 5 mins of being in the ER.. And my poor wife watched everything.

It took about an hour for him to stabilize to put him on life support. Once stable he was flow to a advance children's hospital. And we where told to prepare ourselves... Now how the heck do you drive to a hospital that is a 2 hr drive when you son is being flown there and they tell you he might not make the flight but he MUST GO!

Thank god he survived the flight.. He was diagnosed with desmoplastic xanthoastroytoma ganglioglioma.. A very rare tumor. So rare that a top neurosurgeon heard about it and flew up just to be the one to preform the brain surgery. He has only see one case of this 30yrs ago..

My son pulled thru the operation with flying colors but it's still a long road.. And I'm worried that this has mentally affected my wife..

On a lighter side.. Y'all should have seen how I parked the xj at the first hospital. (Which I still need to pickup).. There was no parking spaces avaliable so I just drove the xj up over the curb and into the flower bed next to the entrance. I mean it was full-all-4-wheels up and over the curb and up the mulch mound with sprouting greens.. I just said @&$#-it reached down. Put her in 4wheel and up I went.. The security tried to stop me as I was running into the ER but a doctor that was waiting for me and stopped them and said he's fine.. I did move it before we drive to the next hospital.

Every parent's fear. The great thing about it is he'll be 5 or 6 before he even knows what happened. Continued blessings.

XJ Wheeler
04-13-2015, 04:01 PM
I'll be praying. Sounds like he's in great hands.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

Brasscatz
04-13-2015, 04:15 PM
Saying a prayer now. I can't even imagine

Mayooo
04-13-2015, 04:49 PM
He's doing better.. They moved him out of the ICU and he's is completely detached from all lines and machines. Thank yall

autotech98
04-16-2015, 03:41 PM
Man...that is not something anyone wants to go through. My prayers are with you bud.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547

HotxjGuy
08-10-2015, 08:09 PM
He's doing better.. They moved him out of the ICU and he's is completely detached from all lines and machines. Thank yall
Great to hear be thankful for your blessing!

Mayooo
08-11-2015, 08:24 AM
Thank everyone for the prayers. It's a blessing for his support to extend from my family and friends all the way to the xjtalk family. It was well used.

His update:

He is a very happy and active boy. The docs removed 95% of the tumer and it came back as NOT cancerous. It was a long recovery for him and one of the reasons I just dropped from the forum. He is exceeding rapidly in all of his therapies and has recovered almost 100%.

its still a untraveled path but the docs feel very strongly that he will live a full life like nothing ever happened.

He took his first xj ride the other day and loved it.. This weekend will be his first wheeling to camp.

bluedragon436
08-11-2015, 09:42 AM
Thank everyone for the prayers. It's a blessing for his support to extend from my family and friends all the way to the xjtalk family. It was well used.

His update:

He is a very happy and active boy. The docs removed 95% of the tumer and it came back as NOT cancerous. It was a long recovery for him and one of the reasons I just dropped from the forum. He is exceeding rapidly in all of his therapies and has recovered almost 100%.

its still a untraveled path but the docs feel very strongly that he will live a full life like nothing ever happened.

He took his first xj ride the other day and loved it.. This weekend will be his first wheeling to camp.

That is awesome to hear... and hope all continues to progress 100%!! Can't say I blame you from dropping off for a bit... family is the most important thing and definitely need full attention on them with hard times like that going on.. Look forward to seeing some pics from his first wheeling/camping trip!!

XJ Wheeler
08-11-2015, 10:28 PM
Thanks for the update! Love hearing good news, and especially such an awesome report! Just look at those eyes!

DanB98TJ
08-12-2015, 06:55 PM
I am happy to year your son is doing well and that the tumor turned out to not be cancer! God does amazing things every day and this is a perfect example! Continued prayers for a full recovery and no lasting effects - it sounds like he is already well on his way!

autotech98
08-17-2015, 03:35 AM
Great news man!

Mayooo
10-15-2015, 11:22 PM
Man!!! Nothing like the Drs freaking you out.. On Monday my son, now 9mo old. Went in for another MRI follow up. One every 3 months. We meet with the dr in 11hrs and here I am at midnight wide awake.. Just routine but this time they have a oncology dr meeting with us..

Brasscatz
10-16-2015, 12:12 AM
Prayers for you, bud

XJ Wheeler
10-16-2015, 01:55 AM
Continued prayers!

Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.

autotech98
10-16-2015, 05:34 PM
Sending prayers

Mayooo
10-16-2015, 06:32 PM
Thank you.. Yeah things didn't go to well today.. Little man has a BIG fight ahead.

4.3LXJ
10-16-2015, 09:56 PM
Prayers sent up

Brasscatz
10-17-2015, 12:17 AM
Oh no... so sorry to hear

XJ Wheeler
10-17-2015, 01:48 AM
So sorry to hear bud. Will keep praying!

Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.

DanB98TJ
10-17-2015, 09:19 AM
Will be keeping you all in our prayers!