PDA

View Full Version : something i noticed in usercp

muddeprived
04-18-2009, 05:42 AM
I like to check out threads that I am subscribed to and when I do it, it's showing every thread in BOLD, even threads from weeks ago. When I reply to a thread, like I did 5 minutes ago, it won't show up in the usercp until i click on "show all subscribed threads", and then it shows up at the very top. If I don't click on "show all threads" it will not show up. Is this normal or is something fishy going on? That bumper must have released a virus in this forum. It's just too damn good of a bumper!!!

Mudderoy
04-18-2009, 06:24 AM
I changed the way the board keeps up with read threads. Default is "Inactivity/Cookie Based" I switched to "Database (no automatic forum marking)"

Inactivity/Cookie Based - once a user has been inactive for a certain amount of time (the value of the session timeout option) all threads and forums are considered read. Individual threads are marked as read within a session via cookies.

Database (no automatic forum marking) - this option uses the database to store thread and forum read times. This allows accurate read markers to be kept indefinitely. However, in order for a forum to be marked read when all threads are read, the user must view the list of threads for that forum.

This means "New Posts" won't disappear as you are going through a long list of them.

I made an announcement when I made the change.

Mudderoy
04-18-2009, 06:42 AM
I'm looking into this further. I don't use the User CP feature much, so I'm trying to understand what changed.

muddeprived
04-18-2009, 07:14 AM
Alrighty. I thought something was wrong but it's all cuz of some moderator fawked things up!!! Just kidding, it's cool. No problem with it. I can adapt to the change. :thumbsup:

DETOURS
04-22-2009, 02:30 PM
I made an announcement when I made the change.

Deprived.........Were'nt you at the meeting? Geeze........:headshake:

BlueXJ
04-22-2009, 02:58 PM
He was there I saw him in the back sleeping. He never heard a word. Seriously!!