PDA

View Full Version : New Additions

xjjeepthing
04-17-2009, 08:32 PM
I have been buying parts all winter and finally got them on. I have never really been a Rubicon fan, But I will admit the new Trackbar,bracket and brace are beefy as hell. Also Rustys fixed LCA's, Longer shackles, Big daddy Tie rod with Moog ends and Rubicon RXT2000 steering stabilizer. Jeeps sitting at 4.5" now with soft 8's with 4" backspacing. Drives better then it has in a long time.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s44/xjjeepthing/My%20jeep/001-1.jpg
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s44/xjjeepthing/My%20jeep/004-3.jpg
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s44/xjjeepthing/My%20jeep/009.jpg
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s44/xjjeepthing/My%20jeep/013.jpg
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s44/xjjeepthing/My%20jeep/012.jpg

Melissa
04-17-2009, 08:41 PM
That looks good :sign0005::thumbsup:

BlueXJ
04-18-2009, 12:16 AM
Good lookin' additions. And the steering should be better now as well.

muddeprived
04-18-2009, 05:27 AM
Ahh i see you went with black steelies. Are you still getting a street set or did you scrap that plan?

xjjeepthing
04-18-2009, 05:33 AM
Scapped for now. Need some other things first

muddeprived
04-18-2009, 05:34 AM
Scapped for now. Need some other things first

that happens quite often to all of us :D

Do you notice any kind of bumpsteer with that trackbar setup? I noticed the trackbar bracket drops the mount quite a bit and was wondering if that would throw off the angles somewhat?

BlueXJ
04-18-2009, 09:57 AM
mudd it should have reduced his bumpsteer. If my geometry teacher was correct.

xjjeepthing
04-18-2009, 08:53 PM
No bumpsteer. It drives better then it has in a long time. Its alwas had a bit of a tire wobble at 45, 2 sets of tires and wheels still had it. Rebuilt the front end, completely gone.

BlueXJ
04-19-2009, 02:10 AM
Which frontend components did you replace and did you see any wear on them? Just trying to figure what cured your wobble.

muddeprived
04-19-2009, 05:16 AM
No bumpsteer. It drives better then it has in a long time. Its alwas had a bit of a tire wobble at 45, 2 sets of tires and wheels still had it. Rebuilt the front end, completely gone.

That's good to hear. I'll be putting that trackbar on my list. My JKS is corroding all over the place and the johnny joint can't be lubed for some reason. I blew two grease guns trying to lube that sucker.

xjjeepthing
04-19-2009, 07:04 AM
I replaced my Black Diamond (heim joint style) track bat with a HD Rubicon with drop bracket and brace. New lower arms ( still had stocks) Big Daddy tie and Moog ends. Also added a 1.5" spacer up front and shackle in the rear. Im guessing the wobble was either Track bar or not enough castor because of the stock arms. I did replace the Heim a few months ago on the old bar, didnt solve it.

muddeprived
04-19-2009, 07:37 AM
I replaced my Black Diamond (heim joint style) track bat with a HD Rubicon with drop bracket and brace. New lower arms ( still had stocks) Big Daddy tie and Moog ends. Also added a 1.5" spacer up front and shackle in the rear. Im guessing the wobble was either Track bar or not enough castor because of the stock arms. I did replace the Heim a few months ago on the old bar, didnt solve it.

I had a superlift trackbar on my TJ and it had heim joints. After just a few months the heim joints wore to the point where they would clunk when you turn it back and forth. I had a slight wobble from this. I never went back to heim joints on steering parts.

firehawk
04-19-2009, 10:11 AM
Looks good Jeff.

I will have to say I noticed a HUGE difference when I replaced the stock tierod with the Big Daddy. It was obvious that the stock tierod was flexing big time. Are the Moog TRE's alot beefier than the stock one's?

I still can't figure out how your running that much lift and still can run a LP D-30.:cool:

BTW, have you figured out how your going to modify the box brace yet?

Mudderoy
04-19-2009, 12:12 PM
Hey don't do a drive by tidbit of information on that tie rod! Give me more information.

Is it just a tie rod tube replacement, or the ends as well?

Is Big Daddy the name brand?

xjjeepthing
04-19-2009, 04:39 PM
The tie rod is alot beefier then stock, Big Daddy is a company name. The Moog tie rod ends are well built, and lifetime warranty from Advanced auto. Kim the front end doesn't seem to have any issues. I know guys running 6.5" on a LP30 without issues. I guess I got lucky with mine. After the 3" I had no vibes at all. I dropped the tcase anyway, because everybody said I needed to. There all different I guess. I haven't had time to mess with modding the brace. I may be able to drop the hitch and install it with some flat stove bolts and reinstall the hitch. Providing I can get the hitch off.
Mud here is a link to the tie rod
http://www.rockcrawler.com/techreports/bigdaddytierod/index.asp
http://www.4x4rockshop.com/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=12866

firehawk
04-19-2009, 04:49 PM
Hey don't do a drive by tidbit of information on that tie rod! Give me more information.

Is it just a tie rod tube replacement, or the ends as well?

Is Big Daddy the name brand?

Big Daddy is the brand name. I'm not sure if it is a solid piece of barstock, or just a thickwall tube. It is MUCH beefier than the stock tierod though. It has flats machined on each end so you can use a wrench on it when you tighten up the TRE's. I have stock TRE's on my XJ now, but I am thinking about going with a set of Moog TRE's sometime. From what I've seen/read they are stronger, but I have never seen a set.

I noticed a big improvement in the way my Jeep drove after mounting it up. As a matter of fact it alone made the biggest improvement of any one part I have replaced in the steering.

There are other HD tierods out there so Big Daddy isn't the only one available. IMO, well worth the money for one. I think I paid $79 for mine.

xjjeepthing
04-19-2009, 04:54 PM
I may be able to drop the hitch and install the brace with some flat head stove bolts and reinstall the hitch. Providing I can get the hitch off.

firehawk
04-19-2009, 05:04 PM
Well...now might be the time to get a winch bumper with recovery points, and ditch the front hitch.:rolleyes: You only use it for the d-ring don't you?

Mudderoy
04-19-2009, 05:44 PM
Big Daddy is the brand name. I'm not sure if it is a solid piece of barstock, or just a thickwall tube. It is MUCH beefier than the stock tierod though. It has flats machined on each end so you can use a wrench on it when you tighten up the TRE's. I have stock TRE's on my XJ now, but I am thinking about going with a set of Moog TRE's sometime. From what I've seen/read they are stronger, but I have never seen a set.

I noticed a big improvement in the way my Jeep drove after mounting it up. As a matter of fact it alone made the biggest improvement of any one part I have replaced in the steering.

There are other HD tierods out there so Big Daddy isn't the only one available. IMO, well worth the money for one. I think I paid $79 for mine.

Thanks I dug around after your post and found one for $99. I'll keep digging.

xjjeepthing
04-19-2009, 06:29 PM
An AJ's is on my list. I use the front hitch for recovery. I bought it used for $75, not a bad deal. Keep looking Mud, I found my tie rod on Naxja $40

Well...now might be the time to get a winch bumper with recovery points, and ditch the front hitch.:rolleyes: You only use it for the d-ring don't you?

Mudderoy
04-19-2009, 10:41 PM
An AJ's is on my list. I use the front hitch for recovery. I bought it used for $75, not a bad deal. Keep looking Mud, I found my tie rod on Naxja $40

Wow, $40 would we well worth it. When I get one I'm going to paint it red before I install it! :thumbsup: