PDA

View Full Version : My turn

XJ Wheeler
01-28-2015, 01:28 AM
Okay, woke up to nausea and the resulting projectile effect... a few times. A few other things like chills and stomach trouble. Well, the last episode of rejecting my food my heart instantly started beating very fast and very eractic. Took my pulse at 167, sitting. Bp of 137/120. Not good. This lasted for a time of about 40 minutes when i was getting up to get ready to go to the hospital to get it checked out, i got fairly dizzy and my head was pounding for a few seconds and again, instantly, it normalized. Still a bit fast but nothing like it was. So, on the side of caution i went in to get checked out. Been here 6 hours in the lobby, and had a chest x-ray, blood and urine samples, and an ekg. Wondering how long this is gonna take. Anyway, if you would please pray. I got pretty scared. Hopefully its nothing.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

4.3LXJ
01-28-2015, 01:52 AM
Sent one up Jake. Get well soon

XJ Wheeler
01-28-2015, 02:16 AM
Sent one up Jake. Get well soon

Thanks Steve. Finally we're getting to go. Since it wasn't currently doing it when they tested me they said it was most likely my Vagal Nerve got iritated. It controls heart rhythm and when vomiting and other jarring actions can cause it to do this. He said it usually just goes away and can happen at any time. Depending on your body how common to happen again. Maybe never. But nothing can be done to fix it, some do beta blockers but he advised against it beige they have so many side effects. And the stomach troubles look to be viral. Should pass within 24 hours. I did get some fluids, and had to praud them to follow through with it. Also got some nausea meds to go with it.
Appreciate the prayers and any that come after this post. Hope that never happens again, was not fun at all.

Brasscatz
01-28-2015, 07:27 AM
Glad you're ok now bro. I have had spells where I can feel my heart beat throughout my whole body and it's a slow un-rhythmic pounding and I feel very weak. Out of all the EKG's and ECG's that I've had, it never happens when I'm hooked up and they always come back normal. They can be very worrisome especially since my grandfather died of heart complications when he was 37. It's been happening to me since high school too.

abebehrmann
01-28-2015, 07:51 AM
That sounds scary. Glad you played it safe and went to get it checked out and that you're ok.

autotech98
01-28-2015, 08:02 AM
Glad its sorted out jake. Prays your way get some rest man

Mudderoy
01-28-2015, 08:04 AM
By the time I read this, you were okay, so I prayed for a solution to your light bar coming off instead. :smiley-scared003:

jeepin_idaho
01-28-2015, 03:08 PM
Glad you're okay. I was down for the count yesterday too. Can't even remember the last time I was that sick.

Dan
http://the4x4podcast.com

XJ Wheeler
01-28-2015, 04:22 PM
Thanks everyone! Glad to get some rest. Feeling a good bit better and hopeful to be eating solids again soon. :p

NW99XJ
01-28-2015, 04:33 PM
Just now saw the post...
I will pray that this never affects your delivery of "This Week In Jeep" stories...
Because that would suck.

LOL...
In all seriousness man, hope it never pops back up on you... and I'm glad you're ok.
I had a "wholy shit ... whats going on with my heart" moment when i was in my mid 20's...
I was driving at the time which compounded the pucker factor.
Never got it checked out (typical guy thing to do) but the symptoms were similar....
Anyways... try to cut back on the poison and illness intake... it might help. :D

XJ Wheeler
01-28-2015, 04:47 PM
Just now saw the post...
I will pray that this never affects your delivery of "This Week In Jeep" stories...
Because that would suck.

LOL...
In all seriousness man, hope it never pops back up on you... and I'm glad you're ok.
I had a "wholy shit ... whats going on with my heart" moment when i was in my mid 20's...
I was driving at the time which compounded the pucker factor.
Never got it checked out (typical guy thing to do) but the symptoms were similar....
Anyways... try to cut back on the poison and illness intake... it might help. :D

Wrong guy, lol, but thanks! :p

That had to be scary! Glad it happened to me in a relaxed time at home.

abebehrmann
01-29-2015, 08:37 AM
Thanks everyone! Glad to get some rest. Feeling a good bit better and hopeful to be eating solids again soon. :p

The real test will be whether it comes out solid too. :rolleye0012::mock::smiley-scared003::smiley-laughing021:

NW99XJ
01-29-2015, 09:11 AM
Wrong guy, lol, but thanks! :p
:fail::banghead::sign0202:
D'oh! ....dammutt... too many Jake's around here.... time to thin the herd!

XJ Wheeler
01-29-2015, 04:19 PM
The real test will be whether it comes out solid too. :rolleye0012::mock::smiley-scared003::smiley-laughing021:

Lol, hasn't happened yet so we'll see. :p

:fail::banghead::sign0202:
D'oh! ....dammutt... too many Jake's around here.... time to thin the herd!

The five pounds i lost from it count?