PDA

View Full Version : Jeep Cherokee premium hub conversion kit - 4WheelingPlus.com

RTPG
10-28-2009, 06:49 PM
Jeep Cherokee premium hub conversion kit by Mile Marker:

http://store.4wheelingplus.com/images/MM-Jeep-Manual-Hub-Conv.jpg

http://store.4wheelingplus.com/proddetail.asp?prod=33-50010

PM me for XJTalk.com discount. :thumbsup:

BlueXJ
10-28-2009, 11:01 PM
Since we are used to unit hubs, explain the advantages/disadvantages of this MileMarker kit, please.

RTPG
10-29-2009, 12:41 AM
Since we are used to unit hubs, explain the advantages/disadvantages of this MileMarker kit, please.
Great question!

Since you are able to essentially disconnect the front axle from the transfer case you can save money on fuel (less drag) as well as wear and tear on your parts.

With a locker... If you break an axle/stub shaft you can unlock that side of your axle and still have use of the opposite side.

Xtreme XJ
10-31-2009, 10:28 PM
Often with deeper gears you'll have a harmonic vibration due to things in the drivetrain spinning faster... I use to pull the front driveline on long trips due to this... with the hubs you can disengage everything from the T-case forward for a nice quite ride...
Most folks don't notice too much of a steering influence with auto-lockers, but often input is felt to some degree... the hubs remove that...
Then there is the serviceability of the bearings, they're the same as traditional wheel bearings.
Little more maintenance... you have to remember to engage them BEFORE the wheeling starts... :D

Curt

Voldemort
11-01-2009, 01:17 PM
I think this is a really cool Mod to do!

GT MOTORSPORTS
12-26-2009, 10:29 AM
edit..Ill Pm you..

firehawk
12-29-2009, 02:37 PM
Curious... how does this kit compare to the Warn setup as far as quality of componets? For instance, are the bearings Timken bearings? I've also read that the Warn setup spaces the front wheels out 3/4", does the MM kit do the same?

Thanks!

Xtreme XJ
12-29-2009, 10:47 PM
Curious... how does this kit compare to the Warn setup as far as quality of componets? For instance, are the bearings Timken bearings? I've also read that the Warn setup spaces the front wheels out 3/4", does the MM kit do the same?

Thanks!

I found a used MM set for about 1/2 price so I went that way. I think the kits are comparable... both will move the front wheels out approx. 3/4".
Warn offer a 5 on 5 1/2 upgrade... some will say go Warn... I wanted to find a deal so I waited... I replaced the bearings when I got the used kit just so I knew their condition... I kept the old ones as trail spares.

I E-mailed both years ago & Warn seemed like they'd be more "offroader friendly" where MM started their hubs were just an alternative replacement for O.E. hubs...

I'm happy so far...

Curt