PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Mod on a OS Driver side handle

Logans91XJ
10-28-2009, 03:01 AM
Hey everyone I am looking to see if anyone has done a mod to add an oh shit handle on the driver side. It would be nice to grab that when getting in the jeep to help from putting to much stress on the seat and seat brackets and wearing out the seat cushion.
:shocker:

COSXJFAN
10-28-2009, 01:38 PM
You should be able to pull the trim off, and check out where you want to mount it. It should be pretty straight forward. You can use an OEM PS handle, and it would work fine, and look stock. You should do a write up on it, as I have never seen this done before!!

Logans91XJ
10-28-2009, 05:44 PM
You should be able to pull the trim off, and check out where you want to mount it. It should be pretty straight forward. You can use an OEM PS handle, and it would work fine, and look stock. You should do a write up on it, as I have never seen this done before!!

Yeah I was thinking about doing it myself but the problem that I am seeing is that the trim is precut for the mounting of the Handle so I would have to take the trim and cut out so the handle will fit in and look clean. The other issue I was thinking about is what the handle itself mounts into? I know its the body of the Jeep but behind the sheet metal is their a stud or anything to provide some strength. But I guess that part of the jeep should be really strong.

I will start looking at it and see what can be done. It would be great to have a handle there or on the A pillar

COSXJFAN
10-28-2009, 05:55 PM
I agree 100%!! Trace the foot print of the handle, and use a Dremel to cut it out. You can set the depth by placing washers, or bushings between the handle base, and the interior roof rail. Just use heavy duty, large shanked sheet metal screws, and it should be fine.

dagr8tim
11-07-2009, 07:58 AM
I've been playing with this idea for some time. I was actually thinking of mounting the handle on the A pillar, instead of the roof line.

Logans91XJ
11-07-2009, 12:45 PM
Well let me know if you figure something out I have been to busy to go to the junkyard and look for something and every time I head there it's a 100bucks LOL