PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else see this? Soylent Green is People!

Mudderoy
04-17-2009, 04:30 PM
I was reading a discussion on another forum and it turned to "soylent green". It sounded familiar so I googled it. I found lots of info and this and of particular interest, this story...

Charlton Heston died today, April 5, 2008 at the age of 84 in Beverly Hills, California.
A Hollywood titan and political activist Mr. Heston will not soon be forgotten. Mr. Heston was in a menagerie of block buster films throughout his long and relevant career. Even though not a block buster, the movie "Soylent Green" which he starred, struck at his heart.

The film's star, Mr. Heston, made several appearances to promote his soon to be released film. During a "Tonight Show" with Johnny Carson, appearance Heston remarked "When my day comes, and I am no longer a part of this Earth, I want to be turned into Soylent Green, and given to those that morn me." The audience roared with laughter, but it now seems that Heston was serious.

Shortly before his death Mr. Heston made it his mission to make this dream come true. He collected a group of professionals, lawyers, doctors and one world renowned chef (who wishes to remain anonymous). There were several legal concerns about people eating anything that contained human tissue, but Mr. Heston prevail in court. Many months went by while doctors and the chef worked on what they believe the soylent green process would be. In the movie soylent green protein was supposed to be plankton, however as in the movie this would not be the case. The protein would be Mr. Heston. Finally success, but only with animal tissues, specifically pork.

Shortly after Mr. Heston's death the small group of mourners met and was presented with two small green "ration" sized squares, soylent green, if you will. It was obvious the group was very sorrowful, however the light green treats seemed to lighten the overall mood.

Almost spontaneously the attendees started to eat the soylent green, soon the chewing was over and all that was left was Mr. Heston's memory. When one mourner was asked what soylent green tasted like, he replied. "It's much better than I expected! It tasted like chicken!"

A family spokesman stated that Mr. Heston would have felt his final wish was fulfilled.

chayes
04-17-2009, 04:48 PM
For some weird reason this trips me out..Now I have eaten strange things before but a person with a strange name of "Soylent Green" Then this group of sorrowful mourners eats it and all of a sudden the mood changes, well of coarse the mood changed everyone started to think great hope I am not next on the menu. I just would like to take the time to welcome back Canibalism. I need a drink

Mudderoy
04-17-2009, 04:51 PM
:lmao:

BlueXJ
04-17-2009, 07:05 PM
For some weird reason this trips me out..Now I have eaten strange things before but a person with a strange name of "Soylent Green" Then this group of sorrowful mourners eats it and all of a sudden the mood changes, well of coarse the mood changed everyone started to think great hope I am not next on the menu. I just would like to take the time to welcome back Canibalism. I need a drink

Rent the Movie and see if you still think the same way.

Melissa
04-17-2009, 08:26 PM
That just gives me the creeps :yack:

muddeprived
04-18-2009, 05:46 AM
Sounds tasty. I bet it tastes like :spam1:

BlueXJ
04-18-2009, 12:42 PM
Sounds tasty. I bet it tastes like :spam1:

You didn't read the article. It tastes like chicken!!