PDA

View Full Version : She's running hot

cantab27
12-21-2014, 08:11 PM
So grand 2000 4.7 me weekend driver decides to start running hot .. No leaks and new radiator not long ago .. So bleed the thing .. Threw in a new

No good .. Have new water pump on order

And if that don't fix it well she's showing no signs of head casket going bad ..thoughts

4.3LXJ
12-21-2014, 09:08 PM
Hey mate, these 4.7s are a little different. The coolant is recirculated behind the tstat and it only allows a percentage of coolant to come from the radiator. Make sure the system is clear in the waterjacket. Might be time to flush it good. Also make sure the electric fan comes on at 195° and that the clutch in the mechanical fan is working. I suspect it is not. Better replace that.

cantab27
12-21-2014, 09:24 PM
Hey mate, these 4.7s are a little different. The coolant is recirculated behind the tstat and it only allows a percentage of coolant to come from the radiator. Make sure the system is clear in the waterjacket. Might be time to flush it good. Also make sure the electric fan comes on at 195° and that the clutch in the mechanical fan is working. I suspect it is not. Better replace that.

sorry steve ..been flushed all water going as it should ...rad works , fans tested and working ........kinda hopping its pump but yeah don't think so:pray:

4.3LXJ
12-21-2014, 10:36 PM
Hope it is simple. But I would still replace that fan clutch

cantab27
12-22-2014, 08:42 PM
and water pump for the win ........:pray:

must say easiest thing I have changed on any of the the jeeps ive owned / own.......

just got tied and died ...no leaks or tell tail nose .....best bit only bout a hunndie for the pump......

4.3LXJ
12-22-2014, 09:33 PM
:congrats: mate We have an electric fan we would like to send you that fits that Grand. If ya want it, holla

XJ Wheeler
12-23-2014, 12:49 AM
Glad to hear it mate!

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.