PDA

View Full Version : XJ TALK SHOW! 2nd Give Away! NOCO Genius Boost

Mudderoy
10-23-2014, 10:23 AM
http://www.geniuschargers.com/boost/images/boost_full_page_spread_mustang.jpg

Thanks to the fine folks at NOCO (http://nocousa.com/) we will be giving away several of their new Genius Boost (http://www.geniuschargers.com/boost/) jump starters!

To win, all you need to do is post your BEST dead battery story right here!

A winner will be selected and announced on the XJ TALK SHOW! (http://xjtalkshow.com)every other week during the Amazon You Bought What Segment!

Post, Listen, and WIN with :xjtalk: and the XJ TALK SHOW! :patriot:

** Available to continental United States only.

xj-jake
11-11-2014, 01:19 PM
Okay what the heck I'll throw my hat in. When I was working my last job selling ATV's , side by sides, snowmobiles, and motorcycles we used to do a lot of local antique snowmobile shows etc. We also did a bunch of the bigger ones, but I digress. One of the local vintage clubs approached me and asked if we'd like to bring some sleds down and give a donation to the club for the show and trail maintenance. We agreed and since they approached me directly I was nominated to take the sleds down and work the show (plus I was the closest one). So the night before the guys load up the company trailer, 30' enclosed, with 4 sleds and enough brochures to choke a donkey. They hook it up to the old shitty F450 Powerstroke for me to take home that night and go to the show the next morning. Well being a good old fashioned Minnesota February night that it was the temp dipped down to around -15 that night. And seeing how it's a cheap company truck they didn't really maintain it to be sitting outside all night. Yes I plugged it in and later found out the block heater didn't work. So I got up nice and early to get the truck started because I knew I didn't wanna drive cold for 30 miles and wanted the truck to warm up. Well it wouldn't start. It slung the motor around maybe 3 times and that was all it had. And with it being such a long rig I was about ten feet short of being able to hook up my battery charger to try to jump it. So start the Mrs's jeep up run to wally and get another extension cord so I can go back home and try to get the truck started. It work I made it to the show and back all fine and everything but the humiliation at work was too much for me that I had to quit <--sarcasm inserted here.. If I had a Noco Genious Boost I would still be working there instead of having to go into the car business to sell the ALL NEW 2014 KL JEEP CHEROKEE!!!

altonamud
11-11-2014, 04:39 PM
On monday i went to start my vw golf diesel and she didnt want to start the temperature was -14°C so I plugged it in to warm up the motor and I started up my 98 Jeep Cherokee and went to boost it with my really really really cheap booster cables but having a booster pack would've kicked butt!!!

nickyg
11-12-2014, 12:08 AM
One night on my way home from work traffic was bad so I decided to get off the highway and take some deserted back roads. When I came to a railroad crossing my 1973 AMC Gremlin suddenly stalled and wouldn’t restart. As usual my crappy cell phone had no bars. So I prepared for a long walk to a phone to get some help. When suddenly a bright light appeared over the hill. I was saved, so I thought. That’s when I realized that it wasn’t headlights from an oncoming car but from a strange craft that stopped overhead. There was a bunch of bright lights and things got a little blurry.

When I came to.I was in a white room strapped to a table. There were a several aliens busily working around me. (the short green kind, not the kind you find working in fast food) they were taking blood samples and performing some much needed dental whitening. They were just about to insert the probe when.. WWRRRRR the batteries died . If they had the Noco Genius boost they could’ve charged that baby up and I would have had a hard time walking home.

On a good note they did apologize for the lack of equipment maintenance and offered me a coupon good for 10 percent off my next purchase at starbucks. Then dropped me off at Walmart

nickyg
11-12-2014, 12:10 AM
True story

cantab27
11-12-2014, 01:04 AM
True story

you lost ya tinfoil hat again fella......:smiley-taunt002:

prerunner1982
11-14-2014, 12:00 PM
Not really a story but circumstances.

I am the first to leave in the mornings... my wife leaves last (obviously) taking the two younger kiddos to school. Living in the country it is not easy to find someone to jump start her in the instance that her vehicle won't start. It would require me driving turning around and driving up to about an hour back home or my wife to walk a fairly great distance with kids in tow.... and right now the temps in the morning are in the upper teens / lower 20s. Having a NOCO Booster would ease my concerns and comfort the wife as well. She would also appreciate the ability to charge her phone.

XJ Wheeler
11-17-2014, 06:22 PM
I got one for ya...

Right now, setting in the right lane of Md Anderson road with our dually. Dead in the water. Guess the battery decided today was the right day to die. :D Just got through with doctors appointments and had to run back in for prescriptions...

Conclusion to come...

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

XJ Wheeler
11-17-2014, 08:06 PM
Alright, tried asking the security for help. The guy had me talk to the med center people who said they wouldn't help us because it wasn't inside one of the parking garages. :rolleyes: So back to security and he called someone, no idea who, to come help us. Once he hung up he told me, go out to the vehicle and raise the hood. No one ever came... But while waiting a guy walking by asked if we needed help, which brought and enthusiastic yes from both my brother and myself.He just happened to be leaving work and was parked in the garage we were stranded in front of. So, a few minutes later he pulls up and we jump off his F-250. An offer of a little cash was nicely rejected and he left with many thanks for kindness. Brings a little faith back in humanity, especially in Houston. I had noted while we were waiting there was no way anyone would help us here. But alas, we found one good soul... or rather he found us.

So, knowing how rare a courteous driver/person is in Houston i would much rather have hooked up a Noco Booster and been outta there lickity split.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

abebehrmann
11-18-2014, 08:53 AM
♪ ♫ Now, this is a story all about how
My volts got flipped-turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute
Just sit right there
I'll tell you how I became stranded near a town called O'Hare.

In west Cincinnati born and raised
In my XJ was where I spent most of my days
Chillin' out maxin' flexin' all cool
And wheeling all alone just like a fool
When a couple of hikers who were cooking some food
Asked me to stop and share a few
I turned on one little light before a got impaired
And that's how I became stranded on a trail outside O'Hare.

I radioed for a jump but nobody was near
I thought about popping it but with an auto I didn't dare
The only thing I could think to do then was swear
But I thought 'Nah, forget it' - 'I'm walking to O'Hare'

I walked up to the shop about 7 or 8
And I yelled to the owner 'Yo homes I need a jumper'
I looked at the shop
I was finally there
It was a long walk for help at a shop in O'Hare. ♪ ♫

Joshs Subconscious
11-18-2014, 08:57 AM
Well there I was.... I just left my favorite bar called "Rainbows" after a nice night out at the costume party and I go to hop in my Jeep. I hit the alarm button and the weakest little chirpy poo emitted from my Jeepy-weepy! I knew something wasn't right. So I hop in, rub the dash and turn the key like always.... and click click click click click click Nuthin! I tried playing with the shifter (cuz that usually gets me going) and still nuthin!

I tried to flag some people down but everybody kept passing my by before I realized that I should probably remove my Bane mask. So I took it off and still couldn't get anybody to stop for me. I even tried showing some leg and waving my crotchless panties over my head to no prevail!

The biker bar next door hosts some pretty rough and manly men, so I did the only thing I could think to do..... I whipped out my handy bottle of bacon salt and poured a trail from the door of the biker bar to my Jeep. Within seconds I had about 30 guys with their tongues to the ground making their way to my Jeep!

The sad thing is that nobody had any jumper cables, but man we had a good time. We were able to use my nipple clamps and chains to hook up the battery to a few statically charged stray cats and......... it still didn't work.

The moral of the story is, maybe I don't want a NOCO Genius Boost for costume night, but I got to thinking that any other occasion it might be useful so I'm not left high and dry :D

autotech98
11-20-2014, 12:32 AM
Back in the day had a 78 bronco plow rig. Two 1000 amp batteries really bad wiring and lots of accesories.batteries were wired together w no isolator.power angle snow plow,amber light bar aux lights everywhere and enough electronics inside to open a radio shack.HAD a stock alternator on it.Alternator was not big enough to run everything at once and keep the batteries charged.Found this out one cold snowy night while plowing and killed both batteries.Had to call my brother inlaw who was in his nice warm bed with his nice warm wife.After about an hour he showed up and jumped "Overload" as she was called.I was freezing ,wet footed (didn't wear my boots)and ticked off and so was he for obvious reasons.....Got her fired up and limped home.If i had a NOCO Genious boost i would not have had to tear my great brother in law away from his warm and affectionate wife.I still hear about it today...lol

Mudderoy
11-21-2014, 05:37 AM
WE HAVE A WINNER!

Download and listen this coming Monday at midnight to find out who it is. :D