PDA

View Full Version : Prayers please!

Brasscatz
10-27-2014, 10:10 AM
Ok, My wife and I are trying to buy a house and we are working a deal on our current home. We more than qualify, but you know underwriters and their extremely inappropriate and invasive requirements.

We qualified for a house much more expensive than the one we're trying to buy including keeping our current house. They are now asking for 6 months reserves for BOTH properties and we're a few thousand short.

We are getting a "Gift" from my mother in law for the difference but they not only want her personal bank statements, they want her business account statements (she owns her own business and paid herself her paycheck and they want to see where the money came from). My mother in law says that it's too invasive into her privacy and it's none of their business how much she has in her business accounts because she's not applying for the loan, which I agree.

I feel like a darn teenager trying to buy a car or something but we need co-signers and all this other crap.

We more than qualify for this house.... wtf??? when we bought our current house, we didn't have any money down, we lived paycheck-to-paycheck, had shitty credit, and we STILL qualified.

We have worked so very hard to build up reserves, get our credit scores above 730, pay our bills, pay off loans on time or early, and we're still getting hit with this crap.

Our mortgage broker is submitting the paperwork today, but we need prayers that it will be accepted with the papers we've submitted. Please pray that we can get out of this house in the ghetto, and we can build our already growing family in a nice neighborhood and good school districts.

Thank you in advance. I know that if God says this is right for us, it will happen, and if it falls through, it wasn't the right house for us. I have to keep in mind that it's in his hands, and he has a plan for us.

And please pray for my wife. This is so much added stress on her while she's pregnant, she's having a pretty rough time of it. She deserves the world, and I'm doing my absolute best to give it to her.

4.3LXJ
10-27-2014, 10:41 AM
Sent one up Jim. Also you might want to check into another broker.

Brasscatz
10-27-2014, 11:17 AM
Thanks Steve. Yeah, might have to do that. I would just hate to go through the whole process again with all the credit checks. Our scores have already lowered with all the inquiries.

My other option is to sell my Cherokee since that title is in my name and provide a copy of the signed title and the bill of sale and I should be good.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

abebehrmann
10-27-2014, 11:52 AM
Maybe you could "sell" your XJ to your mother in law...

Brasscatz
10-27-2014, 12:17 PM
Too fishy since they know who she is. Need to sell to somebody with a different last name and that the lenders don't know.

Brasscatz
10-27-2014, 12:19 PM
I should add that I have a buyer.... no worries there ;) I should've been a lawyer LOL.

It's just funny how all this came to me this morning after I said my prayers about this whole thing... I take it as a sign.

runnerswife
10-27-2014, 01:13 PM
Saying a prayer for you and your wife :)

XJ Wheeler
10-27-2014, 04:48 PM
Man, what a load of bull! Can't believe they are putting you guys through all this. Hope they get their heads straight and realize the how horrible they're being. Doubt they will though!

But you're definitely right, if its His will, you'll get it.

Adding it to my prayers!

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

autotech98
10-27-2014, 06:03 PM
praying for you sir..hope all works out.We all know the worries of trying to provide the best for our families.

XJ Wheeler
11-05-2014, 05:20 PM
How's this going Jim?

Brasscatz
11-05-2014, 07:04 PM
Thanks for asking, Jake. As of right now they accepted the gift money from my mother in law and we're closing tomorrow! Because we'll close late in the day tomorrow, the funding will be on Friday and I should be getting the keys Friday morning.... all of this is still a fingers crossed situation ;) I won't get real excited until the keys are in my hand :D

4.3LXJ
11-05-2014, 07:24 PM
Congrats Jim

XJ Wheeler
11-05-2014, 07:34 PM
That's great man! I understand about waiting to celebrate so I won't jinx it but (congrats) :thumbsup:

bluedragon436
11-05-2014, 07:38 PM
Congrats... Hope it all does continue to go smoothly... And don't blame you for not wanting to get your hops up till you have the keys in hand!! Look forward to hearing the good news once that happens!!

Brasscatz
11-05-2014, 07:58 PM
Thanks guys! Please continue the prayers for my wife... she's not handling the stress well at all....

bluedragon436
11-05-2014, 08:10 PM
Prayer going out... The stressful time is over.. once you get the new place just slowly work on moving stuff over to help keep that stress down... I hope it all continues to stay smooth for the rest of the transition for you all... I'm sure it's not the easiest thing to deal with for either of you!!

Brasscatz
11-06-2014, 09:33 PM
Signed, sealed and tomorrow will be delivered!

4.3LXJ
11-06-2014, 09:59 PM
Good news Jim

Brasscatz
11-07-2014, 10:39 PM
Got the keys!!!! Now there's a looooot of work to be done.....

XJ Wheeler
11-07-2014, 11:51 PM
Got the keys!!!! Now there's a looooot of work to be done.....

Woohoo! :thumbsup: Congrats to you both!

Brasscatz
11-08-2014, 11:56 PM
Thanky kindly!

OH MAN I'm beat. Been a long day of painting, packing, and making a few trips to the new place. Been going since 9am and it's about midnight now. Movers will be here tomorrow around noon-ish.... gotta sleep and get up early!

Thanks for the prayers fellers!

XJ Wheeler
11-09-2014, 01:36 AM
Awesome! Don't wear yourself out too much. Got a lot going on.