PDA

View Full Version : Qalo Rings

Brasscatz
10-12-2014, 02:29 PM
Okay, so you're saying "Why is Jim talking about jewelry?". Well, because I am beyond impressed by this ring as a replacement wedding ring.

No, I didn't lose my wedding ring. My wedding ring is gold and sterling silver together, but something in my skin's chemical biology etches away metal. How? I don't know. But my ring started out as a size 10.75 and it is now an 11.5. Strange, huh?

Anyways, I am one of those guys that takes my ring off while doing anything. Wrenching, eating (foods like wings or ribs, even a messy burger), sleeping, showering, etc. But I found a ring that is meant for people/professionals with an active lifestyle or that work with their hands.

Qalo rings are made from silicone and don't conduct electricity. They won't rip your flesh off your finger if you get it caught on something. I've worn this thing while working on jeeps, painting, everything and just love it. And for $20, you can't beat it. Check out http://www.qaloring.com if you're looking for a nice alternative to your current wedding ring so that you can keep it safe.

rabies
10-14-2014, 10:55 AM
very cool.
for same reason i ended up with a carbide steel band. not one scratch yet. saved my hand a few times from being crushed actualy.

one possible reason why your makeup is the way it is:
give a man a white Tshirt. let him wear it for one week with no shower.
give a woman a white Tshirt. same week. no shower.

after a week she will have no dirt on her collar...but the man will...
why. he was made from dirt...she was made from man. ...true story.

we have dirt and earth in our body as men. thats why we yurn for camping or the woods more then women..thats my guess anyways

Brasscatz
10-14-2014, 02:05 PM
Good call on the carbide steel. I was thinking of going with a tungsten carbide, but I'd still take it off for stuff. And oddly enough, steel is one of the metals I'm allergic to. Prolonged contract results in rash, true story

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

07Negative
10-31-2014, 04:49 PM
In regards to your body doing that thing with the ring. I would possibly guess your bodies Ph. I've seen it at work so that's why I mention it. Cool solution though

bigjim350
10-31-2014, 07:23 PM
Just get it tattooed on like I did. No more worries.....well unless she leaves me.

cantab27
10-31-2014, 08:03 PM
save coin forget ring and buy jeep parts ......there sorted

Brasscatz
10-31-2014, 08:35 PM
You bring up a good point, Wayne.... be cool to melt down a jeep component into a ring. Or use an o-ring lol

I thought about that, Jimbo... but a tatoo is more expensive than this Qalo ring :D

And DeeJay, you're probably right. It's weird because I'll turn walls black if I touch them too. Something I wonder is if my body attacks metal because I'm allergic to some metals. However, I haven't broken out in rash in such a long time and I've outgrown my allergy to apples that I had as a kid, I wonder if I've grown out of that one too. Who knows?

Philxj4L
11-01-2014, 05:41 AM
I don't really do gold or silver, and wear my rings constantly. The simple choice for me was titanium. Light and take any abuse I've thrown at them. :)

slvmart
11-01-2014, 06:12 AM
Just out of interest. You say the ring changed size. Was there any particulate residue on the inside of the ring, or on your finger ? Gold is often alloyed with Nickel, usually for hardness. I assume your ring was 18k Gold. Depending on the individuals body chemistry, some people get a green colored residue from the Nickel. Some people are also allergic to the Nickel. In the long run both the Gold and Silver are relatively soft, especially the Gold.

Brasscatz
11-01-2014, 10:29 AM
Nope, no color changes. The ring was literally etched away by my skin lol

autotech98
11-01-2014, 05:33 PM
mines titanium also love it!