PDA

View Full Version : I'm back 1991 Comanche

SeniorGustas
09-09-2014, 03:03 PM
While in my hunt for cherokee here in North Carolina I rolled across someone at a store that happened to be selling a 1991 jeep comanche, as he needed to get a truck for work instead. Went to check it out and everything is immaculate besides the paint. Has 118k on the body and 65k on the 4.3L engine with paper work and a warranty until 100k or December of next year. So there was no way I was going to pass it up. Everything check out fine so dug in the old pockets and only paid 3,000 for this beauty. Never see off-road according to him and by the way it looks I believe him. It's got a 4.5 zone off road life with brand new 32s and a spare that's never even seen the road. Found a couple minor problems after purchasing but I still couldn't be more satisfied with it. Has one small palm sized hole in the driver side floor board and passenger side window doesn't role down all the way. I've already ordered some parts for it but mail takes forever to get to me on base. Bought bushwacker front flat flares waiting to buy the rears because I've heard a rumor that the rear wheel well on the mj is different than the xj. I want to look into what gearing is in my axels because I would like to run 35s soon because my coworker is selling some brand new kevlars for $600. Will post pictures by the end of tonight. I hope y'all don't mind me posting a build on this sight even though it's not an xj... Also if anyone could tell me how to change the thread to 'my build' I would appreciate it.

Adam

SeniorGustas
09-09-2014, 03:22 PM

SeniorGustas
09-09-2014, 03:24 PM

SeniorGustas
09-09-2014, 03:25 PM

SeniorGustas
09-09-2014, 03:26 PM

SeniorGustas
09-09-2014, 03:27 PM

SeniorGustas
09-09-2014, 03:28 PM

SeniorGustas
09-09-2014, 03:29 PM

SeniorGustas
09-09-2014, 03:35 PM
Well, I'm sure I took the long way around to getting those pictures up but I did it. If anyone's interested in seeing something let me know and I'll take a picture. Won't be able to get any workin in this weekend, seeing I have duty. But hopefully next weekend my fender flares will be in and this guy on Craigslist comes through with a 52 inch led light bar. I would also like to move the spare tire mount that's already in the bed all the way to the back of the cab like the picture below. Will be posting a lot more with my mj than I did with my cherokee at home.

SeniorGustas
09-09-2014, 03:37 PM

Here's where I'd like my spare tire to fit. Crappy photo found it on YouTube obviously but should give y'all an idea of where I would like it to be.

bluedragon436
09-09-2014, 04:50 PM
Man I tell ya... everyone just keeps trying to take over :xjtalk1: with other Jeeps... LOL.. Nah, we all love builds regardless of the model so long as it's a Jeep... And the MJ is a direct descendent of the XJ anyways.. That is a darn nice and clean looking MJ, and def nice seeing as how it already had a decent stance to start off with... Look forward to seeing more as this build progresses!!

XJ Wheeler
09-10-2014, 02:14 AM
Man, nice score! That Comanche is so clean it almost hurts! Good work, i'm sure you'll be the cause for much jealousy.

And you want this thread moved to "My Build", correct?

SeniorGustas
09-10-2014, 05:14 AM
Yes I would like it to be a build thread. I imagine I was suppose to do it before my first post?

XJ Wheeler
09-10-2014, 05:45 AM
Yes I would like it to be a build thread. I imagine I was suppose to do it before my first post?

Oh its no big deal at all. Just ask one of us moderators or a admin. And it looks like someone beat me to it. :p

bluedragon436
09-10-2014, 06:52 AM
Oh its no big deal at all. Just ask one of us moderators or a admin. And it looks like someone beat me to it. :p

Was debating about moving it yesterday, but wasn't sure if he was going to start an actual dedicated "build" thread or not... But then after reading that he was thinking he should of done it as a build thread before the first post... I figured it'd be ok to move over... Can't wait to see this build progress... Wish I had a line on a clean looking MJ to build up, especially for that price!!

SeniorGustas
09-10-2014, 03:23 PM
Thanks for switching to for me! :) quick update found a tailgate for a comanche on Craigslist. Hoping to pick it up this weekend before duty. It's red but it's like brand new. Planning to plasti dip the whole jeep the same color as my cherokee back home but it's not set in stone. But I'm going to go ahead and paint the tailgate tan. Does anyone know if the bushwacker flat flares for the xj fit the mj been doing my research and haven't found anything. Called bushwacker but I wasn't able to get any info. Anything helps!

bluedragon436
09-10-2014, 03:35 PM
It wasn't at all a problem moving it for ya.. I think it'll do just fine painting the tailgate in tan.. Especially if you are going to plastidip it anyways.. Going to look good, hope you are able to snag that before duty.. I know how it is to be on duty and wanting to be working on the Jeep or wishing you had a chance to pick up some part(s) prior to duty, so you can be ready to hit up the Jeep as soon as you get off duty!!

SeniorGustas
09-10-2014, 04:08 PM
It just kills the whole weekend. Start Saturday at 0800 till Sunday at 0800 so I'll probably spend my whole Sunday sleeping. What's worse is I have our new socially awkward cpl for a 24 hour conversation piece. Hahaha.

XJ Wheeler
09-10-2014, 04:47 PM
I've heard mj factory flares are 1" longer than xjs so it may be a stretch. But that doesn't mean they won't work. If you need any measurements or pics my brother has a set of flat flares on his xj.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.