PDA

View Full Version : How many tries did it take you to register for this site?

2Buku!
08-30-2014, 02:01 PM
Took me about a dozen or so tries to get the image verification correct. I wonder how many people gave up trying?

A better human friendly CAPTCHA on the registration page should be considered.

Mudderoy
08-30-2014, 02:12 PM
Took me about a dozen or so tries to get the image verification correct. I wonder how many people gave up trying?

A better human friendly CAPTCHA on the registration page should be considered.

Most of the time is the username that people are selecting. For those that have found your post I'll take a moment to let you know... select a username that is unique. We use a anti-forum spam service that checks username and email address. Spammers will use very common names like Joe or Steve.

Make your username something like joexj99 for example. It's very unlikely that a spammer has used something like that on this or any other site that subscribes to the same service.

As far as the CAPTCHA goes, we've tried making it easier but do you know that the bots have got smart enough to read the images?

We're really sorry we have to have any speed bumps for new users to get on but without it we've quickly be overwhelmed with spam posts.

Thanks for hanging in there and completing the registration! It's very important to us to have you here! :patriot:

XJ Wheeler
08-30-2014, 05:52 PM
Sorry to hear you had this issue. I have had issues on other sites with this and is frustrating, although never quite as much as yours. It is not our intention to add frustration and do appreciate you joining us here Jesse. Hopefully you'll feel its worth the effort.

nickyg
08-30-2014, 07:23 PM
It took me a few attempts till I figured out it was my terminal at work. Apparently management is ok with facebook craigslist, and youtube. but have a big problem with anything jeep related.

cantab27
08-30-2014, 07:27 PM
It took me a few attempts till I figured out it was my terminal at work. Apparently management is ok with facebook craigslist, and youtube. but have a big problem with anything jeep related.

no nick it was me banning you .......:smiley-taunt002::smiley-taunt002: