PDA

View Full Version : Bush wackers

Tobyspaw
08-28-2014, 01:06 PM
I like the look of the flat style Bushwackers fender flares. Do I have to cut (and how much) to install these? 2001 Cherokee sport.

NW99XJ
08-28-2014, 01:32 PM
The short answer is YES.

I'm not sure ANY of the aftermarket fender flares like these can (or should) be installed without some degree of trimming. These are functional accessories designed to add clearance and coverage for larger wheels/tires...
Here is the link to the installation instructions.... read thru them carefully, and see if its something you want to get into or not.
They very clearly, and with color pictures outline just how much cutting is required.
Good luck!
http://www.bushwacker.com/sites/default/files/product-instructions/10922_r2.pdf

Tobyspaw
08-28-2014, 08:49 PM
O.K. that was what I was wondering about. A friend has an XJ with these on and the pump motor for the windshield washer motor is exposed to the elements (not cool) they were installed by someone else, and perhaps something was trimmed too much. Thanks for the info NW99XJ.

bluedragon436
08-29-2014, 03:32 AM
I would almost think someone cut a bit off or much.. but if it bothers your friend he can swap to a different bottle that he can pick up from the JY, just can't remember if it's the bottle from a ZJ or an older XJ

graverobberjk
08-29-2014, 09:56 AM
Like the bushwackers but I really want to go with metal cloak or poision spyder