PDA

View Full Version : WTB Control arm drop brackets

Zeks05
08-11-2014, 10:05 PM
like the title says looking for Control arm drop brackets.. please be complete..

bluedragon436
08-12-2014, 06:01 AM
What are you looking to spend on a complete set?? That might help any folks that either have a set they'd be interested in selling, as well as folks that might be able to search for a good deal for you or even happen to have a line on a set for sale on a local forum or something!!

bluedragon436
08-12-2014, 06:11 AM
I mean you can buy a complete set from Rocky Road Outfitters (http://www.rocky-road.com/cherokee-control-arm-drop.html) or Rough Country (http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-xj-control-arm-drop-kit-1627.html) for roughly $190.. I only mention that cause you might be able to find a set cheaper from someone, but at least with buy new (and not at a bad deal at that)... you'll have peace of mind knowing they haven't been bent, or tweaked or even about ready to crack apart from use/abuse from the PO...

Zeks05
08-12-2014, 06:38 PM
LOL... i know right... im really looking for a used set.. to test waters with them... hardware not really a issue coz well any true redneck knows where the hardware store is.. plus im also gona weld the brackets in... and i like to buy used stock from ppl coz it keeps the community happy.. so everyone gets to get new shit.. some ppl cant drop 500 bucks a week in new parts

i have a budget of 200$ a week allotted to this new jeep im building and im trying to support the avg guy and also ma' and pa' fab shops with the work i need done... to many small business are dieing off. plus the quality i feel is better and they wont just sell u a product to make a buck... in the end Everyone Eats dinner at night, everyone makes rent and i get to see the true quality of USA made, and sorry for the rant..

bluedragon436
08-13-2014, 11:23 AM
LOL... i know right... im really looking for a used set.. to test waters with them... hardware not really a issue coz well any true redneck knows where the hardware store is.. plus im also gona weld the brackets in... and i like to buy used stock from ppl coz it keeps the community happy.. so everyone gets to get new shit.. some ppl cant drop 500 bucks a week in new parts

i have a budget of 200$ a week allotted to this new jeep im building and im trying to support the avg guy and also ma' and pa' fab shops with the work i need done... to many small business are dieing off. plus the quality i feel is better and they wont just sell u a product to make a buck... in the end Everyone Eats dinner at night, everyone makes rent and i get to see the true quality of USA made, and sorry for the rant..

I don't blame you for feeling that way and wanting to work that way... I looked to build my last Jeep as well as my next one similarly.. I def don't have the $500/week budget to put into anything (other then bills), much less new parts for the Jeep..Sometimes I get jealous of those that are that way, and wish I could do it that way so that I could get out there and build my Jeep the way I want it to be, and wheel it like I want too... But I have absolutely no quams with helping folks free up space in their garages, by getting rid of parts they've upgraded from, not to mention putting some money back into their pockets and thus their builds, and allowing me to progress on my build @ the same time.. I have been doing research on my next rig... and have found a few Ma' and Pa' shops and fab sites that I plan on purchasing a few items from.. One of which is working on getting it's name out there, and is semi local to where I am currently stationed, and actually would be quite close to you where you are located as well.. and that is the shop I plan on purchasing my bumpers and sliders from for my next rig, as well as my GF's LJ.., love getting to see small time shops continue on and progress through the word of mouth business... That is why I asked what you were looking for.. figured I'd get some info for what you were looking for, as well as give you those two options in case you hadn't seen them before...

Zeks05
08-13-2014, 12:21 PM
There is a guy up here making bumpers for the XJ for around 300$ and that the same as a 500 RC winch bumper.....

WHere are you currently at?

bluedragon436
08-13-2014, 12:41 PM
I'm currently TDY to Germany... Should be back in Delaware mid Sept. hopefully anyways!!