PDA

View Full Version : ID of what resolved problems

slvmart
08-09-2014, 05:11 AM
Just a thought. I was wondering if there could be a way to ID a posting in a thread that would indicate that that suggestion actually resolved a problem.

It would be useful if that ID was searchable. For example, there is currently an open thread about what is perceived as a intermittent misfire. It appears that there has been a lot of work and many parts put into the effort, but with no positive results. Once this problem is resolved, if the remedy was identified with some ID, it would be easier to search for and perhaps save on a lot of redundant chatter or maybe even threads.

Then in the future if someone had the ambition, if that could be summarized, in a Symptom/Cure manner. Then it would be really useful.

4.3LXJ
08-09-2014, 09:42 AM
Ultimately Tony would have to address that, but I can say that the responsibility of stating that a fix was a resolution and identifying the post would rest with the OP. I am not sure that would work out well

KMW-NWXJ
08-10-2014, 11:46 PM
I agree, the hard part would be getting the information to start with. Seems most times when I search the net for some problem I find all kinds of posts in forums with the same problem, lots of suggestions for fixes, and then all too often the OP neglects to come back and let everyone know what worked.

slvmart
08-11-2014, 05:02 AM
I suppose that to some extent it all comes down to being interested in fixing our own problems. Once it is resolved then way too often we are happy to move on to other things, and forget to clearly ID what the real problem was.

I have had the same issue with other forums. I often comes down to reading a lot of the postings and then formulating a opinion of what we see the most likely cause might be.

I just hate to see so many people hunt and peck at a problem. It ends up being time consuming and way too often very expensive method of resolving problems.

msmoorenburg
08-11-2014, 07:38 AM
I would just use resources already posted like

http://www.dtcsearch.com/P0101/?from=Torque

http://www.obd-codes.com/p0101

Change the P0XXX to your code and you will get a idea on what to look for. Just remember the 3 key stroke to get the code