PDA

View Full Version : Junkyard MJ questions.

schultze
08-07-2014, 09:18 AM
While at the JY yesterday looking for XJ parts I found a MJ that had been there for a long time all that was sticking out was the bed with a factory "Sports Bar" bolted in with torx bolts. The cab and front clip were covered by a briar bush and I could not see the pass side of it but I could tell it was complete and the bed was in good shape. when I asked about it he said it had been there for over 20 years. To get it pulled out of the briars would take a hour with the frontend loader moving all the XJ's and WJ's that are in front of it.
My question is did any of these come with a dana 44?

I am headed back in a week or two to get some more XJ parts I will take a camera and see if I can get a better look. It might be worth seeing if I could buy the whole thing from him.

I will keep you all posted.

abebehrmann
08-07-2014, 09:41 AM
Yep, if I remember correctly the ones with the heavy duty package came with a Dana44 rear axle but they are spring under axle instead of the XJ spring over.

4.3LXJ
08-07-2014, 09:48 AM
X2 :thumbsup:

bluedragon436
08-07-2014, 12:32 PM
I wonder why it's there in the first place.. Figure if it's been there that long, the bed should be in darn good shape, which is a fairly rare find, especially where you're at and further north... might be able to make some money out of that by selling it off... and heck even other parts if it was an engine issue or a trans issue or something that could be repaired fairly easily might be a snag of a deal for a wheeling rig.. Heck take you a machete or something and see if you can't clear the front end a bit to see if there is any damage there.. Definitely look forward to seeing pics of it for sure though...