PDA

View Full Version : I did something today in my Jeep that I haven't done in years...

Mudderoy
07-19-2014, 06:05 AM
I did something today in my Jeep I haven't done in years, and yes it involved my wife!

I had a telephone conversation while driving down the highway at 60+ mph!

Any of you that have a lifted Jeep especially with mud tires know what you'll be hearing a lot of "huh?" "What is that noise?" "I can't understand you!" It's even hard to hear the person you're talking to. Better to make your call on Skype video and use hand signals, unless semaphore are available.

Not that I talk on the phone that much, but it would be nice from time to time. I checked online for noise canceling headsets. After a short search I found a few options. Reading some reviews on Amazon.com I found that the "truckers" seemed to like the BlueParrot and the RoadKing.

Something about the RoadKing stuck out and being the one I wanted to try, it may have been the overall size. The Bluetooth model is $65 (RoadKing RK400) but they have a wired model for about $25.

I went with the wireless Bluetooth model since I mount my cell on my windshield and having another wire running to it would just be silly. (I have it wired to my stereo to listen to podcasts and 12 volt line for charging)

The headset is very light and even speaks to you. As in "Bluetooth on" "Bluetooth Connected" and "Powering Off" (if my memory is working) so there's no doubt as to what the headset is doing. Very important if your headed down the highway or trail.

Simply momentarily press the power button (located just opposite to the speaker) and you can answer an incoming call, or trigger the speaking to your phone function if the phone supports it.

The RESULTS:

I noticed from when I first tried the headset that the volume (in my ear) seemed low even at the highest setting. Barreling down the road at 70 mph I was a little concerned that I wouldn't be able to hear my wife. I called her and I was able to hear the ringing of the phone and able to hear every word she said.

She was shocked as to my audio. No noise and I was clear. She was really excited at the aspect of being able to call me again while I was en route to and from work.

More to come on this product...

If you'd like to read more, or purchase this product click on this :link: (http://xjtalk.com/amazon) If you choose to purchase after clicking this link you'll help support :xjtalk: financially! :D

cantab27
07-19-2014, 06:38 AM
Man thought it was going to be wheeling pics

Mudderoy
07-19-2014, 06:51 AM
Man thought it was going to be wheeling pics

Did you really? :smiley-taunt002:

bluedragon436
07-19-2014, 07:02 AM
Glad that seems to be working out for you.. I was glad to hear that I was able to make use of my cell phone either using the speaker phone or my bluetooth earpiece without too much issue, so long as I didn't have my windows open, and I wasn't getting on it... Cause then the exhaust made a bit of noise!!

Brasscatz
07-19-2014, 07:08 AM
It's not often you see a man going to great lengths so that his wife can talk to him..... good job man ;)