PDA

View Full Version : My mother is having surgery this morning

Brasscatz
06-16-2014, 07:28 AM
My mother is having a hip replacement this morning. Please say a prayer for a very successful procedure and a speedy, life-changing recovery.

Mudderoy
06-16-2014, 07:49 AM
I'm sure everything will be fine. Good luck!

bad luck
06-16-2014, 07:51 AM
Best wishes for your Mom Jim, I hope all goes well and do wish her a speedy recovery.

4.3LXJ
06-16-2014, 09:43 AM
Done Jim. Best wishes to her and skill to the Docs

Brasscatz
06-16-2014, 11:17 AM
Thanks everybody. The procedure went well and she's in the recovery room. She has a long rehabilitation hill to climb, so continued prayers are appreciated. I'll keep everybody updated as I get information from my dad.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

abebehrmann
06-16-2014, 11:39 AM
You got it! Glad everything went smoothly in the OR, best wishes for a speedy and successful recovery.

XJ Wheeler
06-16-2014, 04:53 PM
I see I am a little late but you can count on it Jim! Very good to hear she came through it well, and hope the very best for her recovery. I'll be praying for that for sure. Make sure she stays up on her rehab, it can get exhausting and make you want to quit but it makes all the difference.

oderdene
06-16-2014, 06:19 PM
best wishes for a speedy and successful recovery.

Brasscatz
06-18-2014, 05:42 PM
So a little update:

She's doing alright, still in some pain which is to be expected. They're keeping her fairly doped with pain killers though lol. They already started helping her into a chair and moving to the bathroom. She's got a walker and a cane and after she's allowed to go home she'll have a therapist coming to the house to help with recovery.

Brasscatz
06-18-2014, 05:42 PM
So a little update:

She's doing alright, still in some pain which is to be expected. They're keeping her fairly doped with pain killers though lol. They already started helping her into a chair and moving to the bathroom. She's got a walker and a cane and after she's allowed to go home she'll have a therapist coming to the house to help with recovery.

XJ Wheeler
06-18-2014, 09:06 PM
Very glad to hear she is up and moving! Hope that road to recovery is short and smooth. ;)

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

Brasscatz
06-19-2014, 12:11 PM
They're changing the bandages, removing the IV, changing clothes and discharging her today! She's still in pain, but she has a very low threshold for pain and it's to be expected. She also is running a low temp, but the doc isn't worried about that.

denverd1
06-19-2014, 12:41 PM
sweet! Glad to hear she's doing well. I'll be keeping an eye on her progress as my dad needs one and will likely die without ever getting it done. Hoping your mom can regain some mobility and get back out there and enjoy life.

Brasscatz
06-19-2014, 02:54 PM
Thanks bro. Well, my father in law had his done and he goes out and plays tennis all the time. I told my mom that and I think it made her feel better about it.

The doc said her hip was trash....as in bone on bone. So I'm pretty sure that as long as she follows her therapy, she'll be much, much better off

4.3LXJ
06-19-2014, 03:09 PM
Sounds like she is progressing nicely. Glad there were no complications