PDA

View Full Version : I need Samsung Galaxy Note 3 help!!!

Paddletrucker
06-06-2014, 08:30 PM
So here's the situation. Once again my samsuck phone has stopped charging. I'm about 300 miles away from home, I have some extremely important things to do that I need my phone for, and yet again this Samsuck phone has let me down. This will be the 4th time this has happened if I take it to devices support services they will give me yet another phone. The problem is I need it right now. My regrettable decisions to switch from iPhone to Android/Samsuck has already cost me thousands of dollars because of this phone going down. If it happens tonight and I'm not able to complete the work that I need to do in book this load its going to cost me $7000. Do any of you know our way to make this thing start charging again? I have 23 percent battery remaining and I need this phone to last all night. There is no way I can leave my location and go and find another battery. I am in the middle of nowhere and cannot leave the load that I'm under. I need for this sub standard piece of crappy hardware to make it until morning. I desperately need to get it charging.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

4.3LXJ
06-06-2014, 08:32 PM
You cannot tether it to the charger and have it work?

Paddletrucker
06-06-2014, 08:36 PM
Oh and here's something interesting. If I unplug the charger from my cigarette lighter but leave it hooked into the phone the power indicator light on the charger will remain on. So its sending power toward the charger somehow or another

4.3LXJ
06-06-2014, 08:39 PM
Sounds screwed up. Other than leaving it hooked to the charger, I am not sure what you can do. Surely if it is hooked to the charger you can still operate it

Mudderoy
06-06-2014, 08:58 PM
So here's the situation. Once again my samsuck phone has stopped charging. I'm about 300 miles away from home, I have some extremely important things to do that I need my phone for, and yet again this Samsuck phone has let me down. This will be the 4th time this has happened if I take it to devices support services they will give me yet another phone. The problem is I need it right now. My regrettable decisions to switch from iPhone to Android/Samsuck has already cost me thousands of dollars because of this phone going down. If it happens tonight and I'm not able to complete the work that I need to do in book this load its going to cost me $7000. Do any of you know our way to make this thing start charging again? I have 23 percent battery remaining and I need this phone to last all night. There is no way I can leave my location and go and find another battery. I am in the middle of nowhere and cannot leave the load that I'm under. I need for this sub standard piece of crappy hardware to make it until morning. I desperately need to get it charging.

Stop at WalMart and get a burner. One Twitter follower suggested removing the battery. Also I would get another battery and a separate charger. Think redundancy.

Paddletrucker
06-06-2014, 08:59 PM
It will not work well hooked to the charger. Once the battery is dead it will be dead. Thanks Tony I will try to remove the battery and put it back in and see if that helps

Paddletrucker
06-06-2014, 09:01 PM
What is a burner?

XJ Wheeler
06-06-2014, 09:07 PM
A cheap throw away phone.

XJ Wheeler
06-06-2014, 09:09 PM
My Samsung (I like the Samsuck thing) has all kinds of problems. Try a hard restart (hold the power button down for ten seconds), removing and replacing the battery, and if you have more than one auxiliary output in your tractor try swapping to the other. hope it gets working for you soon.

Mudderoy
06-07-2014, 03:20 AM
My Samsung (I like the Samsuck thing) has all kinds of problems. Try a hard restart (hold the power button down for ten seconds), removing and replacing the battery, and if you have more than one auxiliary output in your tractor try swapping to the other. hope it gets working for you soon.

:wow: I've had my Samsung Galaxy II for 3(?) years now. Looks like hell works great. My wife and oldest daughter had a HTC and finally they stopped using them in favor for Samsungs. Surprised you guys are having issues. My Youngest had a SGII and the power button started having a problem after a couple of years. She carries it in her pocket which I think leads to over heating and failures.

I don't do that with mine, and never would. I buy a case for them to go in and hang it off my belt or clip it to my blue jeans pocket.

XJ Wheeler
06-07-2014, 04:17 AM
:wow: I've had my Samsung Galaxy II for 3(?) years now. Looks like hell works great. My wife and oldest daughter had a HTC and finally they stopped using them in favor for Samsungs. Surprised you guys are having issues. My Youngest had a SGII and the power button started having a problem after a couple of years. She carries it in her pocket which I think leads to over heating and failures.

I don't do that with mine, and never would. I buy a case for them to go in and hang it off my belt or clip it to my blue jeans pocket.

I do put it in my pocket but it never gets hot in there, usually its hottest times are when I am holding it. And its had problems ever since I got it, actually this is a replacement as the first had a breakdown at two months. Replacement wasn't much better.

Rocco83
06-07-2014, 01:30 PM
Unfortunately it sounds like you can't stop to grab another battery, but I always carried a spare with me when I had phones that had removable batteries. The hard restart is about the only thing I could imagine, or buying another cheap charger at a gas station and making sure it isn't your charger.

Easiest way I've found to fix issues with Android phones is to buy an iPhone haha. For all the people who bitch the screen isn't big enough they will have your fix with the next iteration.

Brasscatz
06-08-2014, 10:42 AM
In my experience with any phone, (I currently have the Galaxy S4) I tend to be a little rough with the charging port on the phone. Any time you get a warranty replacement phone there is a 90% chance that you're getting a refurbished phone.... and I think that's B.S.. BUT, what I have done is what Tony suggested: I bought a stand alone battery charger and a few cheap knockoff batteries. I always have a spare charged battery with me in my console.

I have never come across a phone that has great battery life (except my old blackberry(s)) if you are one of us that uses the phone all the time. My wife barely uses her phone (Sony Xperia Z) and the battery lasts 3 days. But if she used it more than twice a day the battery wouldn't last the way it does.

It does piss me off that all the cool features of my S4 cannot be turned on (like the Air View, Air Gesture, Smart Stay, Smart Pause, Smart Scroll, etc., because all those eat up battery life.

Now, to your original issue... I have found that different chargers won't charge my phone even though they are all the same connector. Maybe try a different charger cable and that could fix it. My wife's car charger doesn't work on my phone even though it's the exact same connector, but her wall charger does. Odd, isn't it?

I am assuming that this issue is occurring in your big rig and that you have some sort of power inverter in there as well. Maybe try a wall charger plugged to your inverter? Just a few options.

Mudderoy
06-08-2014, 11:56 AM
Quick search says "bad battery" "bad charger" "bent mini usb connector"

2nd charger, and if you can get one that can charge the battery by itself.

2nd battery. I bet your problems will be solved.

Frankly there's no way I'd have a cell phone without a 2nd battery, and one of the reasons I'll never buy an iPhone. How stupid is it to build a device with a battery sealed inside? I mean if the battery will power the phone for it's lifetime sure.

Rocco83
06-08-2014, 11:59 AM
Quick search says "bad battery" "bad charger" "bent mini usb connector"

2nd charger, and if you can get one that can charge the battery by itself.

2nd battery. I bet your problems will be solved.

Frankly there's no way I'd have a cell phone without a 2nd battery, and one of the reasons I'll never buy an iPhone. How stupid is it to build a device with a battery sealed inside? I mean if the battery will power the phone for it's lifetime sure.

There is a reason phones only last 2 years for the most part, to force people to upgrade. That's about the time you'll get out of an iPhone battery. I know some people can't live without a phone in front of their face and 100s of apps going to burn their battery in 6-12 hours between charges. I get 2-3 days a pop on my iPhone. Good enough for me. Different strokes for different folks.

XJ Wheeler
06-08-2014, 04:15 PM
There is a reason phones only last 2 years for the most part, to force people to upgrade. That's about the time you'll get out of an iPhone battery. I know some people can't live without a phone in front of their face and 100s of apps going to burn their battery in 6-12 hours between charges. I get 2-3 days a pop on my iPhone. Good enough for me. Different strokes for different folks.

I get a hour, hour and a half maybe if I use it. :bang:

slvmart
06-08-2014, 05:46 PM
I have a S4 and the only problems, in the past 2 years, was due to the micro usb cable going bad. Before that a S3 and my sister in law still is using that phone with no problem. Also check if the micro usb receptacle on the phone isn't dirty, especially if you don't have a case that protects the port when not in use. My wife uses iPhones, and she's had more than her share of problems with them. But not being a tech type, she likes the fact that Apple makes all the decisions for her.

Paddletrucker
06-10-2014, 02:18 PM
Well I now have a third replacement phone. It, like the previous note 3's that I've had to have replaced , just had bad charging ports. It's a known weak spot with this phone. And its not from dropping it on the charger or something like that, it's an internal problem. My issue, and why it makes me so mad is that I run my business pretty much off of this phone or using this phone as a wifi hotspot to run my laptop. When its down it costs me money. This past week when it stopped I was in the middle of booking a week and a half worth of work. I lost out seven thousand dollars worth of gross revenue thanks to the inferior piece of technology that this Samsung phone is. I used my iphone successfully in the exact same capacity since 2008 and never had a single problem. So I can read all of the iPhone Android debates however the iPhone never actually cost me revenue in my business and this Samsuck Scamdroid I'll of manure does it frequently. I have other Samsung devices that I do not have problems with. I have a tablet that is not Samsung but does run the Android that I don't have problems with . It just seems to be this supposedly state-of-the-art note 3. As far as I'm concerned, iPhone is better and always will be. Its never let me down

Paddletrucker
06-10-2014, 02:24 PM
Interestingly enough, when I originally bought my first laptop to carry in my truck I purchased a MacBook Pro. I had an iPhone and bought the MacBook Pro because it was very compatible with the iPhone. Everybody and their brother and their sister warned me not to get a MacBook as I would have serious compatibility issues left and right running anything Apple. I did it anyway since I was at the time very angry with Microsoft. I only on this Android phone because it has nothing to do with Microsoft or Windows. ill never give a red cent to microsoft. I never plan on it again. That is what drove my original decision to go all Apple. Even with everyone warning me about the compatibility issues I would undoubtedly have, I never had one. I've always been able to successfully run my business using all Apple with not one, repeat not even one single time, have I ever had a compatibility issue. Now, since I've used this note 3 Android? Compatibility issues left and right. It is a very common for me to have to stop what I'm doing on my note 3 and continue on my MacBook Pro because something somewhere with someone I'm doing business with is not compatible in some way with this Android note 3. I guess I'm just a hopeless Apple fanboy. But I come by it honestly and with experience. The experience that I've never had any problems running my business with Apple but have had nothing but problems trying to run my business with Microsoft and Android

Paddletrucker
06-10-2014, 02:30 PM
Unfortunately it sounds like you can't stop to grab another battery, but I always carried a spare with me when I had phones that had removable batteries. The hard restart is about the only thing I could imagine, or buying another cheap charger at a gas station and making sure it isn't your charger.

Easiest way I've found to fix issues with Android phones is to buy an iPhone haha. For all the people who bitch the screen isn't big enough they will have your fix with the next iteration.
And I can't wait for the new larger screen iPhone. I'm thinking of having a ceremonial burning of this Android phone the day I bring home my new iphone

Rocco83
06-10-2014, 02:31 PM
Anymore many businesses are switching to doing most everything on the iPhone due to reliability. As well as the Apple computers to go along with them. The compatibility issues were mostly a thing of the past. I haven't found anything a windows PC runs that there wasn't a counterpart, or that Wine wouldn't make work on an Apple computer. To each their own though. If you were needing something bigger than the current iPhone they should have that fix out in under a year :)

4.3LXJ
06-10-2014, 02:36 PM
Interestingly enough, when I originally bought my first laptop to carry in my truck I purchased a MacBook Pro. I had an iPhone and bought the MacBook Pro because it was very compatible with the iPhone. Everybody and their brother and their sister warned me not to get a MacBook as I would have serious compatibility issues left and right running anything Apple. I did it anyway since I was at the time very angry with Microsoft. I only on this Android phone because it has nothing to do with Microsoft or Windows. ill never give a red cent to microsoft. I never plan on it again. That is what drove my original decision to go all Apple. Even with everyone warning me about the compatibility issues I would undoubtedly have, I never had one. I've always been able to successfully run my business using all Apple with not one, repeat not even one single time, have I ever had a compatibility issue. Now, since I've used this note 3 Android? Compatibility issues left and right. It is a very common for me to have to stop what I'm doing on my note 3 and continue on my MacBook Pro because something somewhere with someone I'm doing business with is not compatible in some way with this Android note 3. I guess I'm just a hopeless Apple fanboy. But I come by it honestly and with experience. The experience that I've never had any problems running my business with Apple but have had nothing but problems trying to run my business with Microsoft and Android

There is a product I use called Fusion. It will allow you to use a number of virtual machines on your Apple computer. I use it to run some very intensive software that makes most Windows PCs just stop and throw up. With Fusion, I can run this stuff on my Mac Pro flawlessly day in and out just as hard and fast as I can and never miss a beat. It can be done, but only on an Apple apparently. It allows you to switch back and forth between both operating systems and cut and paste back and forth, which is what I do with my business. So don't give up on the Mac yet. It is still the best way to go

Paddletrucker
06-10-2014, 02:45 PM
I think you misunderstood me, Steve. I've never repeat never had a compatibility issue with Apple. My MacBook Pro has been far superior to any other laptop I've ever used. My compatibility issues have all come from Microsoft and especially this Android system. I routinely have to shutdown the Android then go with Apple to complete a task. Given the experiences I've had running my business from the truck, I would never ever think about using anything besides my Apple MacBook Pro

Paddletrucker
06-10-2014, 02:46 PM
Originally, my decision to go with MacBook even with people telling me about the compatibility issues we're programs like fusion or when does parallel. I was pretty sure that if I did run into a compatibility issue I could use one of those programs to get through it. I've never, however, had any compatibility issues with my MacBook Pro and have never needed to use any of those programs. Everything has always worked just fine. I wish I could say the same about this Android or that Microsoft systems I've used previously

4.3LXJ
06-10-2014, 02:51 PM
OK, sorry Nate. I am an Apple guy all the way because they always go the extra mile to figure everything out and don't skimp on hardware. I was just thinking about making the phone work right with what you need to do

Rocco83
06-10-2014, 02:58 PM
Btw not sure how close you follow Apple, but Yosemite and iOS8 together are looking amazing as they are meshing even closer in what they offer each other in the name of simplicity and cohesiveness.

Mudderoy
06-10-2014, 03:20 PM
I'll remind everyone Apple is just running linux with their own front end.

Apple makes too man decisions for my liking, and gives you far too little choices, oh and it cost 50%(?) more.

No thank you, I'll pay less and get more. Now if you're not an IT professional and you're just trying to get something done, Apple may be a blessing to you.

Not me. I messed with a Mac back in the early 80's, then had to set up email on an iphone about 3 months ago for someone here at the office. About two weeks ago I looked at the settings on my Mom's iPad, that is the extent of my Apple experience. :D

Paddletrucker
06-10-2014, 03:39 PM
Tony it's funny you say that. My main issue right now that I'm having is Google and this Android phone not letting me do the things the way I want to do then. Everyone told me about the customizing that I'd be able to do on Android. Not! I don't find it any more customizable then Apple. Matter of fact Google is forcing me into a lot of things that I just flat cannot stand. Never had that problem with Apple but since Google is tied to this Android system I don't have the same choices or as many choices that I had using my iPhone

Paddletrucker
06-10-2014, 03:40 PM
Oh, and this note cost considerably more than my iPhone's ever did

Mudderoy
06-10-2014, 05:37 PM
Tony it's funny you say that. My main issue right now that I'm having is Google and this Android phone not letting me do the things the way I want to do then. Everyone told me about the customizing that I'd be able to do on Android. Not! I don't find it any more customizable then Apple. Matter of fact Google is forcing me into a lot of things that I just flat cannot stand. Never had that problem with Apple but since Google is tied to this Android system I don't have the same choices or as many choices that I had using my iPhone

Oh believe me I'm not arguing with you. I'm agreeing that you need exactly what works for you. Especially where money is involved.

slipinkramer
09-04-2014, 09:22 PM
Ahhh smartphone trials and tribulations.

I've had my share lately too...

bluedragon436
09-05-2014, 06:51 AM
I have had my SIII for over a year and it has been to the sand box and back quite a few times and amazingly still works, especially with some of the odd places it's been charged and the jacked up power provided at those locations... Recently on a mission I had a pilot who had a Galaxy Note 3, and he had an external charger pack that you can put a spare battery in and charge it using the same charger like ou would have for the phone... He said he picked up the charger deal and two batteries through Amazon for a pretty cheap price and he never has to worry about not having power for his phone, with the exception of the few minutes it takes to swap out batteries and power back up... Just an option... I know Tony mentioned this idea... and I know it doesn't help with the loads lost already, but seems to me like someone's trying to get one over on you, and don't blame you for being upset with the having a hard time with this....

Brasscatz
09-05-2014, 09:34 AM
I actually have spare external battery charger and do the same thing you were talking about James. I don't ever plug my phone in anymore because of it lol.

bluedragon436
09-05-2014, 11:23 AM
I actually have spare external battery charger and do the same thing you were talking about James. I don't ever plug my phone in anymore because of it lol.

Plan on doing this with my next phone upgrade, not sure what phone that will be to, but will most likely be the S5 as I have grown to love the Galaxy series phones.. But do def plan on purchasing the external charger and at least one spare battery if not two depending on the pricing... Will def be clicking through the :xjtalk1: Amazon link to make those purchases as I will not be paying the crazy amounts I know Verizon will want for that stuff if they even offer it..

Brasscatz
09-05-2014, 11:27 AM
Yep, that's where I got mine. Now be careful though, there are counterfeit chargers out there. First one I received was fake and amazon sent me another. Turns out though, the counterfeit one still works and the genuine one crapped out on me LOL

denverd1
09-05-2014, 11:38 AM
I realize that you don't, but if you had an S5, you could go to ultra power saving mode.

At 98% charge, it would run for 12.1 days

denverd1
09-05-2014, 11:44 AM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/05/d7f42e07ae0ecfeb363ce2b469f9c08c.jpg

XJ Wheeler
09-05-2014, 04:53 PM
I got a Sabrent 12000mah external battery to keep my Samsung up while in the hospital last year and it has done great. Even with my horrible phone and using it constantly it will stay up all day. Plus its dual port.

Amazon.com: Sabrent 12000mAh High Capacity External Backup Battery Charger Power Bank Charger with Dual USB Port (PB-W120): Cell Phones & Accessories@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31xAxvsaOkL.@@AMEPARAM@@31xAxvsaOkL

bluedragon436
09-06-2014, 06:40 PM
I got a Sabrent 12000mah external battery to keep my Samsung up while in the hospital last year and it has done great. Even with my horrible phone and using it constantly it will stay up all day. Plus its dual port.

Amazon.com: Sabrent 12000mAh High Capacity External Backup Battery Charger Power Bank Charger with Dual USB Port (PB-W120): Cell Phones & Accessories (http://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-12000mAh-Capacity-External-PB-W120/dp/B00GJYJFKM)

Yeah I was thinking about something like that too.. but figured it wouldn't work for his situation if his charger port was messing up, as it'd still be required for this unit to work..

denverd1
09-10-2014, 12:09 PM
Yeah I was thinking about something like that too.. but figured it wouldn't work for his situation if his charger port was messing up, as it'd still be required for this unit to work..

Thats true.

very cool unit though, thanks for posting it up.

rabies
12-04-2014, 02:25 PM
extended battery and wireless charging :D boooink. works for me..phone lasts almost a week. g3 7500mah