PDA

View Full Version : xjTalk.com

Mudderoy
03-09-2009, 12:20 AM
The board is currently being run at a reduced bandwidth capacity. As things build (more people get on) I will adjust the bandwidth accordingly.

If you notice pictures are slow to load, or the board is just unbearablly slow send me a private message and I'll adjust it.

Thanks for visiting, and I hope you make xjTalk.com your new Jeep XJ home.

TXstiGUY
10-06-2009, 09:22 PM
Wrong area bud , and welcome to xjtalk

jccatt
06-17-2011, 03:44 AM
I'm finding the site is off line a lot and sometimes stalls for a time.

Mudderoy
06-17-2011, 10:11 AM
I'm finding the site is off line a lot and sometimes stalls for a time.

We have had several DDos (Denial of service attacks). I have put things in place to limit how effective these attacks are. This includes a custom written program that takes defensive actions to basically put the server in protect mode.

While the server is in protect mode you will not be able to access the system. Hopefully that only lasts about 5 minutes, or less.

My hopes are that eventually the attacks will stop. Please keep in mind that is the server isn't available, or very slow it is because of these attacks and not anything we really have any control over.

Very large sites defend from these attacks by having very high bandwidth connections to the Internet. We are just a small poor Jeep site.

jccatt
06-17-2011, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the heads up Tony. That sort of thing annoys me (the attackers), but we can but just plug on.

jccatt
10-03-2011, 03:32 AM
Haven't been able to connect today via tapatalk using my android phone?

cantab27
10-03-2011, 03:53 AM
might be you james ,,sweet for me,, plus greeno and carves have been on...is your computer non green......tony will sort when hes back on...

bluedragon436
10-03-2011, 04:00 AM
I can fully understand those reasonings for the minor interruptions in services.. can't blame you for wanting to block attacks.. Nothing annoys me more than have a site that I enjoy being attacked, especially when the attackers are working on completelying messing up or bringing the site down for whatever reasons.. We used to have folks always trying to hack the other site I was a member of the staff on.. once we started having round the clock staff coverage.. we were able to keep up with IP's that were similar or close to each other around the times the attacks were going on.. and were eventually able to narrow down the general area the attacks were coming from.. and then blocked those IP's.. it was complete stupidity that is for sure.. I know what kind of work goes into keeping a site running smoothly.. and you and the staff are doing a great job Tony!!

jccatt
10-03-2011, 04:38 AM
I'll try rebooting my phone.

Mudderoy
10-03-2011, 09:26 AM
I'll try rebooting my phone.

I can't get to it either. I don't usually access the site with Tapatalk. I'll keep looking into it.

BlueXJ
10-03-2011, 12:22 PM
I have found tapatalk to be very unreliable. I usually have to wait until I can get to my computer. When it does work it is way too slow. I would not recommend it to anyone who had other ways to access the site..

Mudderoy
10-03-2011, 12:52 PM
I have found tapatalk to be very unreliable. I usually have to wait until I can get to my computer. When it does work it is way too slow. I would not recommend it to anyone who had other ways to access the site..

I've found it slow for me as well.

bigjim350
10-04-2011, 01:12 AM
I cant get to the site using tapatalk either for the last few days. It says to contact the site admin. But those guys are lazy :p

jccatt
10-04-2011, 03:46 PM
I tried everything and tapatalk no go. It works with other sites but not ours??? I have never had a problem until now boohooo. I'll leave it with the webmaster.

Mudderoy
10-04-2011, 03:48 PM
I tried everything and tapatalk no go. It works with other sites but not ours??? I have never had a problem until now boohooo. I'll leave it with the webmaster.

I may have to reload the tapatalk software on the site. Sorry.

Mudderoy
10-05-2011, 11:09 AM
Reloaded it and it still doesn't work. I put in my login and password and it won't accept it. Can someone else try?

BlueXJ
10-05-2011, 12:18 PM
Let us know when that task is complete so we can try it again.

jccatt
10-06-2011, 03:54 PM
My post count is failing. LOL, all good I'm sure you will sort it Tony.

Mudderoy
10-06-2011, 03:56 PM
My post count is failing. LOL, all good I'm sure you will sort it Tony.

It pisses me off! I completed removed it, reloaded it and tried to re-register the site. I loaded it and it works fine for WranglerTalk.com, but not xjtalk! Bastards. Then I tried to register on their forum to ask my question, and I never receive the e-mail so I can verify.

I'm starting to wonder about these people.

Mudderoy
10-09-2011, 09:18 AM
Just read an e-mail back from Tapatalk. They told me what they were seeing and I was able to correct the issue. Tapatalk is back up.

Tapatalk is also available for accessing our sister site WranglerTalk.com!

BlueXJ
10-09-2011, 12:50 PM
Is the software for android the only one working because I can access it from my Galaxy Tab but it is super slow on my Blackberry, as always.

Mudderoy
10-09-2011, 01:42 PM
Is the software for android the only one working because I can access it from my Galaxy Tab but it is super slow on my Blackberry, as always.

I have no idea. I have only ever had a Android. The slow could be caused by many things, much of which is out of our control. If you are seeing anything from xjtalk.com via your tapatalk application then it is 100% better than it was.

jccatt
10-09-2011, 04:23 PM
Thanks Tony.