PDA

View Full Version : Road Rage

Mudderoy
10-15-2009, 09:03 AM
So I walked into the kitchen this morning to see a news story about a guy in a pickup having issues with a guy in a dump truck. A clear case of road rage, they said. Someone cut someone else off and there apparently was some posturing between the two gentlemen via the vehicles they were driving?

End result? Both, and I mean both, vehicles were left on their sides. The guy in the pickup the clear winner of this engagement. :smiley-laughing021:

Flash forward about 30 minutes to my trip into work. I was traveling down a 6 lane rural (lol yes rural) road and I see a sporty car (later to find out a BMW) come from the far side of the road, cross the three opposite lanes, enter the center turning lane and immediately merge in between the cars ahead of me in the fast lane.

No big deal, really, just most people zip to the center lane and pause before pulling into the traffic lanes.

So as we continue, maybe a half of a mile, the few cars that were between me and the gentleman turned off. We both approached a light. Now I've learned over the years that if you leave a 2 inch gap between you and the other vehicle, someone is going to pull into it. Even if you are coming up to a "RED" traffic light.

Force of habit I just time my stop to be 3 to 4 feet behind the vehicle in front of me. This time was no different. As some people do the BMW left a good car length and a half distance to the next car. This is usually a bad sign as it means they are busy doing something besides driving or worse a nervous driver.

Apparently the 3 feet distance, and I'm sure the perfectly timed stop to that point must have upset (scared I'm thinking) the gentleman in the BMW. First I see eyes in the driver's side mirror, then he starts gesturing raising his arms to his side I think saying "Where am I supposed to go?" So he moves up a little, I move up keeping the same 3 foot distance. Of course he's already started pissing me off when the gestures.

He moves up again, so do I. I'm not looking for a fight I'm just glad he closing the distance to the other car. Then he puts the car into reverse! :smiley-laughing021: Have you seen my bumper!?!?!? No contact of course. Now I'd say were about 12 inches from each others bumpers.

So with my 4.56 gears and 32" tires I tap the accelerator and the Jeep jerks slightly up (vertically) and forward (horizontally) quickly, I brake immediately. Now I'm having a hard time seeing his backup lights.

Now I see the eyes in the driver's side mirror again. I tell him "FORGET YOU!". In my utter amazement the guy pulls up moving into the center lane leaving me a clear path. I drive by and continue my normal uneventful trip to work. Apparently he was so shaken by the event he drove a little bit further and exited the 6 lane road into the nearby neighborhood. Of course he may have just been one of those dumba$$es that thought it was a good time to get a donut during Houston morning rush hour(s) and was simply returning home.

I kept an eye out for him over the next couple of miles just to be sure he wasn't attempting a short cut so he could mess with me further.

Melissa
10-15-2009, 05:03 PM
Makes you proud all over again for your Jeep, doesn't it?

N1TZU
10-15-2009, 05:28 PM
Yes,I agree Melissa, I also think it can be kind of intimidating to have an older built up JEEP vs a nice BMW. Who would be less likely to loose........

DETOURS
10-15-2009, 07:43 PM
Always knew Tony was a tough guy! :thumbsup:

2000XJ
10-15-2009, 08:33 PM
Nice job Tony! I always say "the bigger vehicle will win".

96xj
10-15-2009, 08:47 PM
will i live in S. FL and there are a$$ holes every where , i for one em 6'3 and 255 LBS and have a xj that I'm not afraid to use so back off or meet my bumper

Mudderoy
10-16-2009, 03:01 AM
Thanks for all the support guys, but truth be told I should have just left the guy alone. Hard to do, but as testosterone levels continue to drop it gets easier. :smiley-laughing021:

Mudderoy
10-16-2009, 03:04 AM
Always knew Tony was a tough guy! :thumbsup:

lol, well using a vehicle as intimidation is hardly tough. Getting out and going toe to toe with the other driver isn't tough either, or as my wife always reminds me "what if they have a gun!?!?!"

Tough for me is not teaching some of these losers the manners that their mama forgot to teach them.

96xj
10-16-2009, 09:24 AM
it looks like tony has a lil bit of an oil leak :pee: :smiley-laughing021:
you should take another pic w/o the cardbord :smiley-laughing021: :cool: :shocker: :thumbsup:

2000XJ
10-16-2009, 11:13 AM
"Buy a Jeep, own a leak" LOL

Mudderoy
10-16-2009, 11:45 AM
I drive so scary my Jeep wets itself. :smiley-scared002:

96xj
10-16-2009, 12:08 PM
I drive so scary my Jeep wets itself. :smiley-scared002:

:pee::smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021:

Voldemort
10-16-2009, 12:20 PM
Thanks for all the support guys, but truth be told I should have just left the guy alone. Hard to do, but as testosterone levels continue to drop it gets easier. :smiley-laughing021:

lol, well using a vehicle as intimidation is hardly tough. Getting out and going toe to toe with the other driver isn't tough either, or as my wife always reminds me "what if they have a gun!?!?!"

Tough for me is not teaching some of these losers the manners that their mama forgot to teach them.
I used to have a bad problem with getting out of my car at stoplights during a road rage argument. You learn your lesson when you beat the piss out of a guy for not using his blinker and have to pay $8 g's in his medical bills and 6 months picking up trash for community service!!!!!:shocker::shocker:

Mudderoy
10-16-2009, 12:31 PM
I used to have a bad problem with getting out of my car at stoplights during a road rage argument. You learn your lesson when you beat the piss out of a guy for not using his blinker and have to pay $8 g's in his medical bills and 6 months picking up trash for community service!!!!!:shocker::shocker:

But hey, on the bright side he now uses his blinker! Well he will when he regains full use of his left arm. :rotfl2:

Yep, like I tell my boys. You may not like what I am telling you to do, but you can move and life will teach you. Either way you're going to learn it. :smiley-laughing021:

96xj
10-16-2009, 03:13 PM

i sure hope that he wasn't on his way to get that blinker fixed :shocker: :smiley-laughing021: :stars:

BlueXJ
10-16-2009, 11:21 PM

So do I, (have a gun) and I bet I am the better shot. I practice at least twice a month. (500 rounds a month)

Voldemort
10-16-2009, 11:34 PM
So do I, (have a gun) and I bet I am the better shot. I practice at least twice a month. (500 rounds a month)

You would need two full clips to take me down in a rage.:shocker::D:shocker:

BlueXJ
10-17-2009, 08:38 AM
You would need two full clips to take me down in a rage.:shocker::D:shocker:

40 cal. hollowpoints to the head would stop even you bigbad.

Primo
10-17-2009, 11:27 AM
it looks like tony has a lil bit of an oil leak :pee: :smiley-laughing021:
you should take another pic w/o the cardbord :smiley-laughing021: :cool: :shocker: :thumbsup:

It doesn't have a leak it's just marking it's territory!!!!!!!:pee:

Primo
10-17-2009, 12:03 PM

Me too and yes .40 cal golden saber hollowpoints make 10'' holes
Caliber Bullet Weight Muzzle Velocity Muzzle Energy
40 S&W 155 1205 500

Pritty bad a$$ I love my .40 and shoot it every bit as much !!!!!!!:D

BlueXJ
10-17-2009, 02:54 PM
Let's not get into any of Muddy's road rage then Primo.

Primo
10-17-2009, 03:08 PM
Sounds good man seens how road rage to them is homicide to us!!

Voldemort
10-18-2009, 02:28 PM

Me too and yes .40 cal golden saber hollowpoints make 10'' holes
Caliber Bullet Weight Muzzle Velocity Muzzle Energy
40 S&W 155 1205 500

Pritty bad a$$ I love my .40 and shoot it every bit as much !!!!!!!:D

Sounds good man seens how road rage to them is homicide to us!!

OK , but I have guns also so now I know if you guys piss me off I'll just start firing first!:cool::sniper:

Primo
10-18-2009, 04:24 PM
At least that way you won't go to jail again hahahahahaha.

Voldemort
10-19-2009, 01:10 AM
At least that way you won't go to jail again hahahahahaha.

NO if any thing happens I will always be the one taken to jail!:stars::thumbdown:

BlueXJ
10-19-2009, 10:27 PM
No need to drag a corpse to jail.

Voldemort
10-21-2009, 06:16 PM
No need to drag a corpse to jail.

That is why I would be the one in jail!:thumbsup:

Primo
10-22-2009, 10:15 PM
3 Words man - suicide by cop!!!

Voldemort
10-23-2009, 07:00 PM
3 Words man - suicide by cop!!!

Not for me Bro ! I like to live and have alot of respect for law enforcement, so I would never pull a gun on a cop.

Mudderoy
10-24-2009, 02:14 AM
Not for me Bro ! I like to live and have alot of respect for law enforcement, so I would never pull a gun on a cop.

In some cases all you need to do is pull a cell phone.

BlueXJ
10-24-2009, 10:18 AM
Many places they are illegal to have in your hand while driving. If you pull a cell after being stopped they will then be able to claim you were speaking on it while driving. A real NO-NO!!

Voldemort
10-26-2009, 02:54 AM
In some cases all you need to do is pull a cell phone.

Well yea, but only if you are already showing aggression towards the officer. If you cooperate with what they ask you to do during a situation than 99% of the time everything will be resolved with indecent.

Primo
10-26-2009, 01:13 PM

Me too I have a lot of fam that are cops. I have been on the urge of getting out in traffic and fixin someone up, but my wife usually is with me and has pretty good luck with calming me down. I did have one guy follow me home after I "comunicated" with him after he about ran me off the road in our car, that was fun, he didn't get shot and I didn't go to jail but his two buddys had to pile him in the truck and get him off the street.