PDA

View Full Version : Emberlit stove

bad luck
05-06-2014, 04:14 PM
This is a little woodburning stove I picked up recently and used it for the first time the other day. I really like it, it is made of stainless steel that takes apart and stores flat. To assemble it takes about a minute. I use dried grass to start it then put in a little kindling, then feed bigger sticks in the port in the bottom. With the vent holes at the bottom of the stove it is very efficient. I forgot my little cook pot so I ended up heating the chili up in the can. After I had it going and put the can of chili on to cook, it was no more than 3 minutes till it was time to take it off. I guess it will depend on what kind of wood you use though. Around here there is always dead Juniper branches lying around, and they make great firewood. I also like the fact that I am not dependent on propane gas or something, I can always find a few sticks to burn.

XJ Wheeler
05-06-2014, 08:18 PM
Nifty little burner! Good thing to keep packed in the jeep.

bad luck
05-06-2014, 11:33 PM
Hi Jake, as I stated I can always find something to burn in it. And I bet no matter where you live, there must be some kind of fuel to burn. Small pinecones are good, any kind of wood, maybe even cowpies? If they are dried enough. And it's nice to not have to carry propane or white gas or something.

XJ Wheeler
05-07-2014, 12:18 AM
Hi Jake, as I stated I can always find something to burn in it. And I bet no matter where you live, there must be some kind of fuel to burn. Small pinecones are good, any kind of wood, maybe even cowpies? If they are dried enough. And it's nice to not have to carry propane or white gas or something.

Yeah, I imagine there is. Seems like a great "survival" tool. Could easily be packed for hiking too by the looks of it.

Mrbreeze824
05-28-2014, 06:53 PM
Where did you find that at????

bluedragon436
05-28-2014, 07:17 PM
I think this would be great to have in the Jeep and maybe even another in a bag for camping in case you don't take the Jeep out on a camping trip... Or in case you need two... Would also like to know where you picked it up from??

bluedragon436
05-28-2014, 07:37 PM
I think this would be great to have in the Jeep and maybe even another in a bag for camping in case you don't take the Jeep out on a camping trip... Or in case you need two... Would also like to know where you picked it up from??

Still a pretty cool setup, and like the other items they sell... NVM on the where to buy from.. found it at their site... Emberlit Stoves (http://emberlit.com/en/all-products)

slipinkramer
05-28-2014, 08:04 PM
Sheeesh,

It's a pricey little thing. Looks like it might make a cool home brew project.

bad luck
05-28-2014, 08:08 PM
You can also buy them from Amazon, they also make one of titanium for backpacking. But it is quite a bit more money.

EekGirl96
05-28-2014, 08:11 PM
Well that's a nifty little thing, a definite "must have" for jeepers and wheelers/campers