PDA

View Full Version : San Rafael Swell

bad luck
05-06-2014, 02:17 PM
The first photo is some more ancient rock art near by. After I left the Head of Sinbad rock art, I passed this huge rock held upright by his rocky friends on each side, I am sure without the rock on each side, it would topple over. Then while looking for a place to camp out, I saw this Juniper tree, it's root system must have been searching for a source of water. Then a short time later I camped on the slickrock for the night. I much prefer this to camping on the dusty ground, but I should have remembered to bring a broom, to sweep the sand off the area I was in. And I had a can of chili for my dinner, but I forgot to bring a pot to cook it in, the heat of my little Emberlit stove made the chili rise up out of the open can an inch or so, so I threw that top inch away and was able to cook the rest in the can. So my dinner was chili in the can, with crackers and a beer. Pretty good meal. Then it was time to set up camp, this only took a minute or so, (damn I'm efficient!) to be continued,

slvmart
05-06-2014, 04:39 PM
Is that a Hank's ? Not sure about the Hormel Chili, but I guess it will have to do.:camera:

bad luck
05-06-2014, 05:34 PM
Is that a Hank's ? Not sure about the Hormel Chili, but I guess it will have to do.:camera:

Is what a Hank's?

slvmart
05-06-2014, 05:54 PM
The beer ?

bad luck
05-06-2014, 06:49 PM
It is Henry Weinhards, which maybe some people call Hanks. But I like it.

slvmart
05-07-2014, 09:01 AM
Yes, it's "nickname" is Hanks. I used to like them also, but used to be you could only get them out West. Sort of like that brewed through a horse, Coors. :smiley-scared003:
Now you can get both of them nation wide.

abebehrmann
05-07-2014, 12:38 PM
Yes, it's "nickname" is Hanks. I used to like them also, but used to be you could only get them out West. Sort of like that brewed through a horse, Coors. :smiley-scared003:
Now you can get both of them nation wide.

Haha, took me a second but "brewed through a horse" is hilarious!!!