PDA

View Full Version : XJ Brake Dust Shield Clearance Issue

Gripacurve
04-25-2014, 05:25 PM
I'm new here, but could really use some XJ help. I have a 1996 XJ Sport. I am running a Dana 30 up front which had mile marker lockout hub conversion. However, I recently purchased the Grande Hub Kit from Alloy USA. My mechanic just installed the 30-spline hub kit and now we are having clearance issues. There is no clearance at the tie rod. Is there a shim available which goes between the wheel bearing mounting surface and the dust shield? Seems like I have seen a simple thin plate with the 3 holes for the large bolts to go through. Any help appreciated!

4.3LXJ
04-25-2014, 07:10 PM
Wheel is hitting the tie rod? Probably the best thing to do is get a 1" or 1.5" wheel spacer. I had to do that with stock wheels. Otherwise you could probably use other wheels with less back space

Gripacurve
04-25-2014, 08:55 PM
No, my brake dust shields are rubbing.
I spoke with Alloy USA and they tell me I have to remove the brake dust cover and run a later model rotor off of a 2000 Cherokee. Sure would have been nice if they had told me that before!

4.3LXJ
04-25-2014, 09:59 PM
That is for sure

rabies
04-28-2014, 12:42 PM
mine were so rusted they fell off when rotor/pad replacement.
just remove them. just dead weight. hit a puddle of water...rotor will get wet no matter what