PDA

View Full Version : Goodies!!!!

XjJeepacorn
04-24-2014, 08:17 PM
Just went to princess auto ... drooled over a couple winches lol then moved along to grab a few little things for some wiring and this and that eletrical stuff that I need to finish / repair :)http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/25/menynu5y.jpg
Grabbed the wire crimpers / strippers because I'm sick of the cheesie cheap ass ones I've been useing for years!
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/25/avequ4eg.jpg
Some assorted nubbins!!!
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/25/6u3u3e2u.jpg
Some fuses!
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/25/ze7ydedy.jpg
This neat o thing!
And last but not least...
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/25/ru5y8ehe.jpg
A big ass 7/8 bit to drill out the wj knuckles for the little taper do hickies :D

Brasscatz
04-24-2014, 09:19 PM
Nice! Looks like you're all set for some jeep love!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

4.3LXJ
04-24-2014, 09:56 PM
Nice fun toys Naomi

bluedragon436
04-24-2014, 09:59 PM
Very nice... It's always a bit more fun to do electrical work when you have good tools to work with... Look forward to seeing a writeup on the WJ upgrade!!

XjJeepacorn
04-24-2014, 10:18 PM
Normally I'm in this guys shop when I work on eletrical stuff but now the traning wheels are off the big girl can do it on her own for the most part lol!

XjJeepacorn
04-24-2014, 10:21 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/25/uru4uqu7.jpg

XjJeepacorn
04-24-2014, 10:25 PM
The xjt hat is in the wash, it was lookin a little grundgy I was under both jeeps with it the other day!

bluedragon436
04-24-2014, 10:30 PM
So what are the fuse blocks for??

4.3LXJ
04-24-2014, 10:35 PM
My XJT hat is getting more brown than black. Too much wheeling dust :D

XjJeepacorn
04-24-2014, 10:39 PM
Well after I am finshed my ice cream dinner I'll go show you lol I made a little block thing for the lights on the roof rack but I damaged it taking the rack off one day so I saw that and I was like neato! Something pre fabbed I can use instead of making a new thing and an exra fusable link can't hurt! And the other stuff is for some things I started late in the fall and never really finshed before it got cold! I need to work on fixing in some switches I moved to relocate my deck so I could have my gps in in the spot it used to be. I had to re work the vents a little to make it all work so I'm just starting my work all over again! And I alos have speakers for the cb that I'm mounting where the air vents are on the drivers and passangers side they are blocked off except for the two top little ones that go to the windows. I never use those vents I find they dry out my eyes to much so I only use the top of the dash vent

bluedragon436
04-24-2014, 10:43 PM
OH ok... I kind of was figuring that you were doing lights with them... I usually always run the defrost vents on all my vehicles...

XjJeepacorn
04-24-2014, 11:06 PM
I'm gonna start a new thread this is goin off topic quick!

Carves
04-24-2014, 11:26 PM
The xjt hat is in the wash, it was lookin a little grundgy I was under both jeeps with it the other day!

My XJT hat is getting more brown than black. Too much wheeling dust :D

XJT hat .. ???

pffttttt ... I'm still waiting for the free coffee cup.

:D:D:D

Those crimper/strippers will prove handy XjJeepacorn .. :thumbs up:

Keep a good grip on the drill when you use that monster bit .. coz if it bites in ... the drill is going to buck worse than any 8sec rodeo ride .. ;);)

XjJeepacorn
04-25-2014, 12:52 AM
omg tapatalk decided to crap out. It said something about the forum being closed and to contact Mudderoy if the problem continued! I went and took a bunch of pictures and i was going to explain everything but now I'm to tired so I'm just going to pick up where I left off tomorrow! I'm used to my I phone this new android thing I don't get it! not only has it made my avatar side ways but trying to get pictures on my computer holeeeee it might help if the computer was a little newer all I really use it for is word processing.

Rocco83
04-25-2014, 05:56 AM
Shouldn't have left the wonderful walled garden that is Apple :p

XjJeepacorn
04-28-2014, 09:18 PM
Ugh!! Your right I gave my iphone 5 to yjjeepacorn lol

XjJeepacorn
04-28-2014, 09:29 PM
Ok so I grabbed some more goodies today!

Ok so I'll explain a little a couole years ago I made a cute little exhaust fan for my cb because I was afraid of it getting too hot in there for the cb. I blocked off the 2 center hearers and replaced it with a cb and on top I made a cute little housing for the fan that perfectly fits the contour of the dash! It has leds and everything! I know I know the leds are a little ricer but I thought ot was just a neat touch! The fan is actually a computer fan one of the 120 mm ones! And yes they are 12v dc!! Hurray!! Welp 2 years later I burnt the little sucker out and I'm now replacing it! I just hooked it up to the batter to show you guys! And I'm replacing the blade with the all red one that has the jeepacorn on it! You know how hard it was to find someone to make me that minoature jeepacorn??? Hard lol!!
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/29/emu8ape4.jpg5229

XjJeepacorn
04-29-2014, 09:56 PM
Just because I can't find a real aproorate. Place to post this and I'll be aquiring plenty of goodies over the weekend brought to you buy!!!

http://www.standardautowreckers.com/freeparts.htm

Yessss I love these weekends

XjJeepacorn
04-29-2014, 10:00 PM
There will be plenty of goodies on the way if there is an xj in the yard!

XjJeepacorn
05-02-2014, 10:58 PM
Welp, I got a good head start this afternoon on this http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/03/y7u7u9y9.jpg its a 97 but I'll be getting just about everything I need off it got get hero running. :D all for the fair price of 50 all I can carry shouldn't be a problem! Real excited I think I'm gonna have to find a dakota or a durango to grab an alternator off because the 99 has a clip thats different on it. I may just be able to save him from thay white jeeps fait yet! Spare axels all the way around even!

XjJeepacorn
05-02-2014, 11:03 PM
I actually have a complete 8.25 and a complete 30 in my garage but still just having spare shafts to stick in the jeep for what ever os nice too :)

4.3LXJ
05-02-2014, 11:06 PM
Spare parts are always great

XjJeepacorn
05-02-2014, 11:12 PM
I want one of EVEYTHING!

4.3LXJ
05-02-2014, 11:14 PM
That is what I say when I walk into the candy store :D

XjJeepacorn
05-02-2014, 11:45 PM
Lol thats what that place is like for me! They all know me I've gone to every free parts day for the past 5 or 6 years!

4.3LXJ
05-02-2014, 11:47 PM
Tell them you get a bulk discount then. Two loads instead of one

XjJeepacorn
05-02-2014, 11:50 PM
They gave me a hat two years ago!

XjJeepacorn
05-02-2014, 11:51 PM
I stopped wearing it there because people kept asking me qurstions like I worked there lol

XjJeepacorn
05-03-2014, 02:20 PM
Well today was an epic fail! I woke up early because I had to fix a u joint in the jeeps rear although I did sleep in a little so. Two of the bolts that hold the little cup thing over the joint snapped while I was trying to take them out. So by the time I fed my self and the dogs walked the dogs fixed the u joint and drilled out and tapped the holes in the pinion and had the jeep ready to roll it was around noon. I set off a little late bit I still had plenty of time to go grab the main things I wanted and maybe a few extras. So my friend chase, the guy who is letting me use his drill press is along the way. Literly 5 blocks from his place the check gages light pops on. Jeepy started to spontaniously over heat :/ so I just sat there for a good 20 minutes. No leaks the fluid thing was full... so when the gage got back around its normal 210 opperating tempature I drove over to his place. Took his car went home and grabbed some coolent. And my eletric fan came back now it was getting closer to 1:30 so we ha some lunch and then once it was completly cool took off the fill cap from the rad and jeepie wanted to have a few sips. I shook him and then bubbles and more sips... now I've gone 2 winters now with partial heat lol last time I did my water pump I burped th crap out of it for like ever and then that coming winter partial heat and by that time taps had to be off because your lies would freeze. Then I moved! And no longer had hose acess. In other words I couldn't try giving the heater core a flush and then in the summer who thinks of it right? Lol!! So yeah I'm thinking it came back to hont me! Actually most of the fluid I put in spewed back out when I let it run. So I just let it run for like half an hour and it wouldn't even get up to 210. And now its like 20 after 3 and the yard closes at 4 :( real sad I was looking forward to today :(

XjJeepacorn
05-03-2014, 02:27 PM
I wold like to belive it was some sort of divine intervention and I just wasn't supposed to go today.

XjJeepacorn
05-05-2014, 07:51 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/06/7ahu6ypa.jpg

XjJeepacorn
05-05-2014, 07:54 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/06/maperuqu.jpg

This was a 66 dollar mistake! Ment to order it to my friends and now it cost me 66 dollars in import fees on top of shipping and the 119 dollar value of the product :/ oh well on the bright side I have shiny new parts to install!

Rocco83
05-05-2014, 09:14 PM
That's what you get for living in the state of Neil Young and Rush. Like you said though, at least you have shiny new parts to install. I ordered a rear bumper off Amazon from a fab place about 120 miles away that were at FedEx he next day and won't get here until 21 days after FedEx received them.

I could have rode a bicycle up there pulling a Radio Flyer behind me to put the bumper in and could have made the trip in a weekend. Damn near everything I order off Amazon is ineligible for Prime. How do you order most of your stuff? Order to a US friend and then smuggle it across the border?

Mudderoy
05-06-2014, 07:31 AM
Well today was an epic fail! I woke up early because I had to fix a u joint in the jeeps rear although I did sleep in a little so. Two of the bolts that hold the little cup thing over the joint snapped while I was trying to take them out. So by the time I fed my self and the dogs walked the dogs fixed the u joint and drilled out and tapped the holes in the pinion and had the jeep ready to roll it was around noon. I set off a little late bit I still had plenty of time to go grab the main things I wanted and maybe a few extras. So my friend chase, the guy who is letting me use his drill press is along the way. Literly 5 blocks from his place the check gages light pops on. Jeepy started to spontaniously over heat :/ so I just sat there for a good 20 minutes. No leaks the fluid thing was full... so when the gage got back around its normal 210 opperating tempature I drove over to his place. Took his car went home and grabbed some coolent. And my eletric fan came back now it was getting closer to 1:30 so we ha some lunch and then once it was completly cool took off the fill cap from the rad and jeepie wanted to have a few sips. I shook him and then bubbles and more sips... now I've gone 2 winters now with partial heat lol last time I did my water pump I burped th crap out of it for like ever and then that coming winter partial heat and by that time taps had to be off because your lies would freeze. Then I moved! And no longer had hose acess. In other words I couldn't try giving the heater core a flush and then in the summer who thinks of it right? Lol!! So yeah I'm thinking it came back to hont me! Actually most of the fluid I put in spewed back out when I let it run. So I just let it run for like half an hour and it wouldn't even get up to 210. And now its like 20 after 3 and the yard closes at 4 :( real sad I was looking forward to today :(

Hmmm so you're loosing coolant then.

XjJeepacorn
05-06-2014, 05:29 PM
No leaks

XjJeepacorn
05-06-2014, 05:35 PM
That's what you get for living in the state of Neil Young and Rush. Like you said though, at least you have shiny new parts to install. I ordered a rear bumper off Amazon from a fab place about 120 miles away that were at FedEx he next day and won't get here until 21 days after FedEx received them.

I could have rode a bicycle up there pulling a Radio Flyer behind me to put the bumper in and could have made the trip in a weekend. Damn near everything I order off Amazon is ineligible for Prime. How do you order most of your stuff? Order to a US friend and then smuggle it across the border?

Most of my stuff I buy in canada from local dealers who deal with most of the american fab companies. We also have tmr customs but they don't have everything! I learned real quick to not just buy from the states! If our govenments were smart they would fix that! It would probably be really good for businesses I normarly order off amazon.ca and ebay.ca because you actually get things shown in cad and all the free shipping and all the candian sellers so you don't get butt hurt by customs. I don't smuggle!! If I spend a week in buffalo I can bring back $800 worth of stuff duty free... I think there are limits on alochol and tobacco ...

XjJeepacorn
05-06-2014, 05:41 PM
You know what boggles my mind? How I can order 145 dollar snorkel from china have it shipped for free and not have to pay any duty on it??? It pisses me off that our countries concider eachother "international" if I wanted something shipped from the states I would mostlikley have ot shipped flat rate international. Its annoying and expensive

4.3LXJ
05-06-2014, 08:43 PM
Your tax dollars at work, earning more tax dollars

XjJeepacorn
05-08-2014, 01:03 AM
Don't even get me started!

cantab27
05-08-2014, 02:54 AM
You know what boggles my mind? How I can order 145 dollar snorkel from china have it shipped for free and not have to pay any duty on it??? It pisses me off that our countries concider eachother "international" if I wanted something shipped from the states I would mostlikley have ot shipped flat rate international. Its annoying and expensive

yep cost me my left um you know to get locker and bits sent down here....:mad:

Brasscatz
05-08-2014, 06:40 AM
yep cost me my left um you know to get locker and bits sent down here....:mad:

Makes you more aerodynamic... like Lance Armstrong

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it