PDA

View Full Version : So Mustang Ethuists Get Screwed Too...

Mudderoy
04-19-2014, 12:06 AM
Agree, disagree? I think the Mustang enthusiasts just got screwed when the iconic 45 year old legend gets turned into this...

http://media.npr.org/assets/img/2013/12/05/mustang_wide-c01e62f3cd9ff0242124c594ac4e7134372e6e54.jpg

Brasscatz
04-19-2014, 12:21 AM
Not nearly as bad as the 73-2004 models :P

XJ Wheeler
04-19-2014, 01:24 AM
Yeah, i think they screwed up going with that front end. The back isn't as bad but not great either. Absolutely LOVED the last design and would probably own one if i had the funds.

I tell ya, this has got to be one of the worst years for vehicle design. The new "cherokee", mustang, chevy silverado, jeeps new "renegade", and plenty more. Although i think the new corvette may just be nice enough to help some. They did GOOOOD on that car!

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

XJ Wheeler
04-19-2014, 01:26 AM
Not nearly as bad as the 73-2004 models :P

:what:

Boooooooooooo!

(My reply does not now nor ever apply to the mustang II :rolleyes: )

OrangeXJ
04-19-2014, 05:32 AM
Saw one up close and personal last nite (parked next to me) I think it is a damm good looking car.

Rocco83
04-19-2014, 06:17 AM
This is the only Mustang since '72 I'd be seen in. I know people have a hard on for the fox body mustangs, but if I'm going to drive a box I'm driving an XJ. Mustangs to me are one of those cars they should have just let die out in the early 70s.

Brasscatz
04-19-2014, 09:23 AM
Yeah, i think they screwed up going with that front end. The back isn't as bad but not great either. Absolutely LOVED the last design and would probably own one if i had the funds.

I tell ya, this has got to be one of the worst years for vehicle design. The new "cherokee", mustang, chevy silverado, jeeps new "renegade", and plenty more. Although i think the new corvette may just be nice enough to help some. They did GOOOOD on that car!

Wait, what's wrong with the new Silverado? LOL, I kinda like it and it's a dream to drive. Agreed on the new Vette :D

abebehrmann
04-19-2014, 11:23 AM
I kinda like it!

I LOVE the new Corvettes. Never have been a fan of Chevy trucks (except their engines) ever since they got rid of the solid front axle around 1990 so I can't comment on the new Silverado.

Mudderoy
04-19-2014, 11:34 AM
I have to agree about the Mustang loosing it's way there for a few years, but what was it about 4 or 5 years ago they came back with a really nice design that capture the style, albeit updated, original Mustang.

I don't see this as having much of anything to do with the Mustang styling. Much like the 2014 Cherokee.

bluedragon436
04-19-2014, 11:37 AM
I love the old school late 60's early 70's models... As well I love the last models since they brought back the old school look... I actually don't mind this design too much.. so long as they don't try and get crazier with it in following years to where they'll ruin it further...

Rocco83
04-19-2014, 11:40 AM
The new Mustang shares a lot of similarities to the new Fusion.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/20/aje3e5et.jpg

Joliet Johnny
04-19-2014, 12:36 PM
99-04 was the worst but the original pic looks more like a Mustang than the Fox body.

Rocco83
04-19-2014, 12:44 PM
Fox body mustangs were crap, but they seem to have the biggest following.

Joliet Johnny
04-19-2014, 01:01 PM
Fox body mustangs were crap, but they seem to have the biggest following.

Yeah I dont get it either. I will say the fastest car from my local street racing days bounced from a Fox body with a 351 and a 64 Malibu. That makes me think the whole 302 thing is under rated.

Hartly
04-19-2014, 01:16 PM
The fox was kinda ugly. But mechanically its a monster. Its just good cheap muscle.

XJ Wheeler
04-19-2014, 04:41 PM
Don't get me wrong i'm not really a fox body fan. It can look good, but it takes a lot to achieve that. And ithe reason i believe they are so popular is the car is small and light weight. Shove a big motor in it, or small and powerful, and you have got a good platform. Now, i always liked the '99-'04. Not the best quality but that period a lot of vehicles went through that. The look can be better than a lot of cars then, like the Cobra. (nice!) But i fell in love in '05! They made the best decision in design since the '70s when they came out with that model. And the last update only made it better. But, the v6 models will never find their way to my driveway. Not because the engine (that can be changed :D ) but the designs look cheap whereas the gt and other v8 variants look right. Now, i'm not just a mustang fan or a brand fanatic either. Its the models that i like or dislike. I like the mustang, but think ford was high when they chose to screw up the front end of the super duty in '07. And i believe the mustang that's going out AND the camaro before this last little fail with the front and rear lights were both some of the best designs this decade.

Jim, on the silverado i'll be more specific. The 1500 is the one i'm talking about. The new look is too blocky for my taste, like its made of legos. Not modern, or retro just plain. And the cab looks a little too much like the new tundras. Although the differences in the 2500 & 3500 models make all the difference. Some beastly looking trucks. And when we need a new one that will probably get the nod. And i haven't gotten to drive any of these so i can't comment there.

As you can tell i am very particular about design and most of what is made today lacks class, taste, or really at the least any good ideas. Just throw it together to compete against the other companies car that looks and performs a little too similarly. Front ends don't mess with the rear. And some don't even look like they come from the same brand (like the kl cherokee).

XJ Wheeler
04-22-2014, 02:08 AM
I will say it would be hard to improve upon this!!! :D So maybe they figured there is no use in trying.