PDA

View Full Version : Comic Nerds?

Voldemort
10-10-2009, 11:40 PM
Believe or not I, A huge comic book nerd!:eek::eek::eek: I have Hundreds , I have been collecting since the forth grade. Other than Jeeps and cars they are my biggest hobby along with a LARGE collection of sports cards and sports memorable( some of it my own). The largest amount of my collection is Marvel (X-men, Wolverine, Iron Man, Daredevil) and includes a CGC 9.4 Uncanny X-Men #17 & #24:drool: along with 150 other CGC graded comics. Anyone else collect or if anyone has some they want to sell let me know.:thumbsup:

4.3LXJ
10-11-2009, 06:20 AM
You should see the stack of conic books I got rid of. They weren't worth anything at the time so I gave them away. I had been given a stack about two feet high by a friend in the early sixties along with that many I had bought. I had all those early books.

BlueXJ
10-11-2009, 09:21 AM
Hey bigbad you didn't mention your bodybuilding passion among your great collections. Muscles is like a collection too!!!

Voldemort
10-11-2009, 10:50 AM
You should see the stack of conic books I got rid of. They weren't worth anything at the time so I gave them away. I had been given a stack about two feet high by a friend in the early sixties along with that many I had bought. I had all those early books.
Man that sucks. I do not get rid of nothing, even if it seems to be no good. I have seen Comics that look like trash sell for hundreds.

Hey bigbad you didn't mention your bodybuilding passion among your great collections. Muscles is like a collection too!!!
That is why people think it is crazy that I'm such a Nerd. :shocker:It is cool that you remember that, but I'm a Powerlifter. Body builders care way to much about looks:cool: I care about being able to flip cars over :eek:and if I have big muscle too than that is great.:) Also I consider it more of a lifestyle now. But thanks for the props.

BlueXJ
10-11-2009, 12:53 PM
That is why people think it is crazy that I'm such a Nerd. :shocker:It is cool that you remember that, but I'm a Powerlifter. Body builders care way to much about looks:cool: I care about being able to flip cars over :eek:and if I have big muscle too than that is great.:) Also I consider it more of a lifestyle now. But thanks for the props.

Sorry I confused the two. I guess it has been awhile since I read your post about your powerlifting.:smiley-scared002:

Voldemort
10-12-2009, 01:21 AM
Sorry I confused the two. I guess it has been awhile since I read your post about your powerlifting.:smiley-scared002:

Not trying to bust balls, there are just big differences between us.:thumbsup:

Mudderoy
10-12-2009, 02:43 AM
Believe or not I, A huge comic book nerd!:eek::eek::eek: I have Hundreds , I have been collecting since the forth grade. Other than Jeeps and cars they are my biggest hobby along with a LARGE collection of sports cards and sports memorable( some of it my own). The largest amount of my collection is Marvel (X-men, Wolverine, Iron Man, Daredevil) and includes a CGC 9.4 Uncanny X-Men #17 & #24:drool: along with 150 other CGC graded comics. Anyone else collect or if anyone has some they want to sell let me know.:thumbsup:

Hey it's wasn't like it was a secret you are a nerd. I mean that hat (in your avatar) speaks volumes! :smiley-laughing021:

Seriously though, thanks for sharing. You never know what people's interests are. I never got into the comic thing. I think it was the whole reading thing! :stars:

COSXJFAN
10-12-2009, 01:11 PM
Hey it's wasn't like it was a secret you are a nerd. I mean that hat (in your avatar) speaks volumes! :smiley-laughing021:

OH, SNAP!!:popcorn:

Seriously though, thanks for sharing. You never know what people's interests are. I never got into the comic thing. I think it was the whole reading thing! :stars:

Yep, same here!! I just never got into them!! Now I have too many damn hobbies!!

Voldemort
10-12-2009, 03:41 PM

OOOHHHH!! man That is My Zombie killin hat! I see how this is going to go down. I'll get you back.HAHAHAAHA!:thumbsup:

OH, SNAP!!:popcorn:
Yep, same here!! I just never got into them!! Now I have too many damn hobbies!!

Yea I liked the reading , but it was the art and the stories that got me into it.

COSXJFAN
10-12-2009, 03:58 PM
Yeah, I have to agree about the art in some of those mags!! That stuff is amazing!!

Voldemort
11-02-2009, 01:45 AM
My favorite artists are McFarlane, Joe Madureira, & Trevor Fitzroy.
http://www.comicspriceguide.com/imageHandler.ashx?width=350&cn=1&ImgFilePath=/images/covers/3018/84449.jpghttp://www.comicspriceguide.com/imageHandler.ashx?width=350&cn=1&ImgFilePath=/images/covers/3018/84631.jpg
Here is a Tattoo I would love to have as well!
http://www.tattooartists.org/Images/FullSize/000072000/Img72833_marvelsleevecom.jpg