PDA

View Full Version : Cummins

haha25
03-28-2014, 11:36 AM
Cummins came to my school today. They talked about working with Nissan and Toyota. And that the Nissan titan I believe would be receiving a diesel, and possibly the Toyota tundra. I didn't have time to stay around and ask questions. But they will be visiting the school a few more times this year.

4.3LXJ
03-28-2014, 11:40 AM
Hmmmm, interesting

07Negative
03-28-2014, 12:35 PM
Well, since Dodge is now using Fix It Again Tony diesel motors. Looks like I'll be saving for a Toyota. Not sure why they worked a deal with Nissan. But at least they'll be reliable now. Though I still like the Chevy Duramax.

bigjim350
03-28-2014, 12:48 PM
Well, since Dodge is now using Fix It Again Tony diesel motors. Looks like I'll be saving for a Toyota. Not sure why they worked a deal with Nissan. But at least they'll be reliable now. Though I still like the Chevy Duramax.

The Duramax in my old wrecker at work was still running great when they retired it with 450k miles(it was only a 2009 model). Only 1 turbo replacement. For sure good engines.

07Negative
03-28-2014, 05:09 PM
That's an insane amount of miles man! Alotta guys are saying its a shit truck b/c Isuzu makes the motor. But I argue Isuzu's been making diesel motors for a while now. So I'm not too concerned about, if I ever do get one. Used of course.

bluedragon436
03-30-2014, 03:34 AM
Yeah the Toyota's have been supposedly getting a diesel for a few years now... Supposedly they are going to put out a Tundra dually too.... I've always sorta liked the Tundras... so having a Cummins would make it even better!!