PDA

View Full Version : Fuel injection rail Schrader valve Cap

Pops96XJ
03-23-2014, 05:00 PM
First, I want to thank all in xjTalk for allowing me to join in on this forum. This is only my second such forum membership, so it is very new to me. I was not very active in the other forum. I did not find it easy to navigate, so, I just did not participate much. I'm asking all in xjTalk to be patient with me...I'm fairly computer challenged!!! Thanks again and here is my first post/inquiry:

The Schrader valve cap is missing on my engine's fuel rail. With my medical condition, I am restricted to doing only minor repairs, replacements, etc. The last time I had the Jeep in for servicing, I had the injection system flushed (about 2 months back). Just noticed yesterday the aforementioned cap was missing. Not blaming my mechanic's shop. They have been loyal to me and I to them for many years. They take care of any concerns I may have regarding service related questions/problems.
So, I just need to find out where I can purchase a replacement "dust" cap for the fuel rail Schrader valve (a.k.a. Pressure Test Port, Fuel system vent valve, etc.) I guess I could go to the dealership, but would rather not unless I have to! Thanks again, Pops

4.3LXJ
03-23-2014, 05:30 PM
Any NAPA auto parts stored could sell you one. It is a common size

Pops96XJ
03-23-2014, 07:41 PM
Thanks 4.3LXJ. I'll give them a shot this week. Best regards, Pops

Brasscatz
03-23-2014, 11:37 PM
Welcome aboard. Everybody starts somewhere, even with computers. Everybody is welcome here no matter the experience level in any regard, and nobody will ever bash you for anything. We do have some good natured ribbing from time to time, but it's just friends hanging out and having some laughs.

As for your part you're searching for, like Steve said, NAPA, or even the junk yard might be cheaper.

We're glad you joined us and we look forward to having you join in on all the fun we have here.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

Pops96XJ
03-26-2014, 11:07 AM
NAPA was a no go :-( Looks like a go-find-buy trip to some local junk yards. Then, if all else fails, a trip to a local dealer! I'll do what is necessary because I DO NOT like driving around w/o the cap in place, j.i.c. the valve core fails.
Again, thanks to all.....Pops

XJ Wheeler
03-26-2014, 08:35 PM
Check out this thread, it may just give you the info you're in search of. ;)

http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?p=140933

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

4.3LXJ
03-26-2014, 08:38 PM
One other place to look. There are two sizes, and I am sure the valve cap is the larger size used also in the HVAC industry. They have lots of caps available, some in brass