PDA

View Full Version : What brand of Throttle position sensor to use.

nickyg
03-19-2014, 02:39 PM
My TPS crapped out. My throttle was slow to return to idle, at a red light it would jump up and down between 500 and 1.5k I just cleaned the trottle body and the idle air valve about 2 months ago. The volt test confirmed TPS was bad. So I bought one from Oriley's. Installed it. and the throttle was all over the place. took it off, put it back on with the same results. I put the old one back on and It's right back to where I was. but still driveable. So I My question is...

What brand do you guys use and where do you get it?

By the way I'm not knocking Oriley's I still by a lot of stuff there. just not my TPS.

NW99XJ
03-19-2014, 02:47 PM
EVERYONE I've ever heard talk about this all say the same thing... fork out the big bucks for the OEM ones from the dealership... yea you'll pay twice as much, but it WILL last, it WILL work the way it should, and it WILL be reliable.

XJ Wheeler
03-19-2014, 05:49 PM
My brother had an issue with his tps a couple years back. He ended up getting a new one at O'reilly's too. It fixed the issue but wasn't long till it started doing the same thing. He warranted it out and the new-new one has been working fine since then. You might try swapping it out for another there and see if that one was bad out of the box.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

bluedragon436
03-19-2014, 06:03 PM
I ran a TPS from AZ, had an issue with it, but swapped it out under warrantee, and never had any other issues with the TPS for over three years prior to selling it...

nickxj94
03-19-2014, 10:16 PM
Mopar! I started running all mopar replacement parts
And actually the OE parts are really not much more.

oderdene
03-20-2014, 08:04 AM
last summer mine had a problem and i've ordered STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS TH143 one from rockauto. It works fine, I am happy with it, but I don't know how long it will last

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=41382&cc=1180055

nickyg
03-20-2014, 03:03 PM
UPDATE:
Oriley's wouldn't give me my money back because they don't take back electronic Items once they been used. They did however exchange it for another one. I'll pop it in tomorrow and see how it goes.
That's what I get for taking the easy way out and not driving the 15 miles out of my way to the dealer. "Ain't nobody got time fo dat"

nickyg
03-20-2014, 03:06 PM
last summer mine had a problem and i've ordered STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS TH143 one from rockauto. It works fine, I am happy with it, but I don't know how long it will last

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=41382&cc=1180055

That one cost half as much as the one I got from Oriely's I wish I did my home work first.

Brasscatz
03-20-2014, 05:52 PM
That one cost half as much as the one I got from Oriely's I wish I did my home work first.

http://youtu.be/pele5vptVgc

nickyg
03-21-2014, 07:28 PM
Update:
I've been driving around with my new Oriley's TPS in my glove box. and wouldn't ya know it, the darn Jeep is purring like a kitten again. I guess she just feels better knowing new parts are close by.

4.3LXJ
03-21-2014, 09:01 PM
Nicky I have always said that if you threaten them, they always run better. :D