PDA

View Full Version : Got my Chrysler 8.25, now looking for servicable 3.55 Ring/pinion set!

OldFaurt
03-18-2014, 07:40 PM
Met some nice guys tonight who sold me a Chrysler 8.25 for my jeep!
I am so jazzed! The DANA 35 had 2 1/2 spider gears when I got it.
The extra 1/2 spider gear created a mess!

So, Now I am looking for a ring and pinion set in 3.55 don't need new just not trashed! I have 3.07 set that would not play nice with the DANA 30 up front that has 3.55. So if you swapped a lower ratio set into your Chrysler 8.25 and have the old 3.55 set laying around, Let's make a deal!

msmoorenburg
03-19-2014, 07:55 AM
I'll have a look to see if i still have a set

OldFaurt
03-19-2014, 08:21 PM
I'll have a look to see if i still have a set

Thank you!
That is very kind of you!
I have met some of the nicest people on this forum!

jimmixj
03-20-2014, 09:07 AM
Hi Bob, I've got the 3:55 set out of that axle I have. They are still in the housing but if you pay the shipping from Tucson I'd be glad to pull them and send em your way. I was going to dump the whole thing anyway so...BTW, this set is still sealed up in the housing and I only changed because I wanted the LSD axle. If you want them I will give you the whole carrier with bearings and the pinion with flange. Probably have to get pinion bearing races tho as they rarely come out without a chip or two. It is a 92 Chrysler 8.25 axle.

OneArmArrowSlinger
03-20-2014, 09:14 AM
I can check to see what my donor XJ has in the pumpkin, my rig has the Ford 8.8 so I don't really need the innards of the 8.25; just the housing & axles for my cousins XJ w/ 4.55's

OldFaurt
03-20-2014, 09:38 PM
Hi Bob, I've got the 3:55 set out of that axle I have. They are still in the housing but if you pay the shipping from Tucson I'd be glad to pull them and send em your way. I was going to dump the whole thing anyway so...BTW, this set is still sealed up in the housing and I only changed because I wanted the LSD axle. If you want them I will give you the whole carrier with bearings and the pinion with flange. Probably have to get pinion bearing races tho as they rarely come out without a chip or two. It is a 92 Chrysler 8.25 axle.
I have never shipped anything heavier than 5-10 lbs, Who would ship it?
Let me see what I can come up with on shipping as getting the carrier also would be a nice spare! I would like to do some kindness for you as well!

Will tell you what I find shortly!