PDA

View Full Version : YouTube live events mobile?

Paddletrucker
03-15-2014, 09:10 PM
So, I've been trying to listen to the podcast live on the road. I can listen to the YouTube live event while rolling on my android phone just fine as long as I have good enough signal. The reason I like to listen to the live show rather than the podcast, however, is so that I can participate in the chat room or the comment section. For some reason, while I have the YouTube live events up, it tells me that comments have been disabled for this video. Now, I know that's not correct. I can only see comments coming in as long as I continue to close and re open the page. it will not automatically post a new comment and will not let me post a comment at all. Maybe, it's because it just needs too much bandwidth? I don't know. I know that I do things on this phone on the road far more involved and sure to use more data been watching a video and posting comments. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Mudderoy
03-15-2014, 09:17 PM
So, I've been trying to listen to the podcast live on the road. I can listen to the YouTube live event while rolling on my android phone just fine as long as I have good enough signal. The reason I like to listen to the live show rather than the podcast, however, is so that I can participate in the chat room or the comment section. For some reason, while I have the YouTube live events up, it tells me that comments have been disabled for this video. Now, I know that's not correct. I can only see comments coming in as long as I continue to close and re open the page. it will not automatically post a new comment and will not let me post a comment at all. Maybe, it's because it just needs too much bandwidth? I don't know. I know that I do things on this phone on the road far more involved and sure to use more data been watching a video and posting comments. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I've been thinking about setting up a real live chat room, perhaps on the old IRC. I just don't know what's available for phones in the IRC realm.

Paddletrucker
03-15-2014, 09:22 PM
I'm almost thinking this is a setting somewhere.I have a hard time believing it this advanced phone cannot handle a video and live comments. It has surprised me on lots of other things with its capabilities. And maybe I'm expecting too much, but sure seems to me this should be doable. Or if it is a bandwidth issue since I'm driving while watching and really don't text but use the voice text, I'd be okay with audio only and the comment section. Just not sure how to set it all up if it is in the settings somehow. I just think it would be cool to be able to live chat during the show while cruising down the interstate. Lol

XJ Wheeler
03-16-2014, 01:40 AM
I feel your pain Nate. I had to give up listening live for a few months till i got a new laptop because the YouTube live gave me almost nothing but trouble on my phone. The only way it would work, and even this was rare, was if i disabled the comments all together. So, i think you're on the right track with the bandwidth limitation.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.