PDA

View Full Version : Pffff, HOAs

abebehrmann
03-13-2014, 11:57 AM
http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/dailyrft/2014/03/matt_perry_truck_driveway_valley_view_wildwood.php

This is ridiculous.

"Wildwood Subdivision Threatens Teen with Fines, Police For Parking Truck in Driveway"

Rocco83
03-13-2014, 04:17 PM
I think that is a pretty ignorant rule. BUT if he has a garage he can park in and simply refuses to buck the system then he is an ass. Personally if I had a classic truck in that condition it would be parked inside whenever I wasn't driving it.

Firemanray
03-13-2014, 04:27 PM
Muhahahah!!! That would fly like a lead brick here in Texas. Even the "soccer moms" drive trucks!!

Brasscatz
03-13-2014, 04:58 PM
Wow. I haaaaate my HOA. And they aren't quite that bad. Choose to live in a neighborhood without and HOA? Good luck here in Houston. Gotta move waaaay out of the city, or into a 200 sq ft. grass hut to do that. I hate, hate, hate it.

Rocco83
03-13-2014, 05:00 PM
Country people. Only place to live.

xj4life2
03-13-2014, 05:08 PM
If you couldn't park a truck in a driveway here it...... wait a minute ,we don't have driveways here , sorry for the inconvenience.

XJ Wheeler
03-14-2014, 04:15 AM
A ridiculous waste of energy. Although that seems par for the course these days.

I gladly have never lived with a HOA, and from what i hear i never could. Either they'd kick me out or i'd leave happily. I've always felt its idiotic to pay someone to tell you what to do with your own stuff, and don't see how they ever got started.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

Rocco83
03-14-2014, 05:51 AM
Anywhere there are people there are going to be bureaucracies put together to piss those people off.

abebehrmann
03-14-2014, 08:09 AM
I've never lived in a HOA and with everything I've read, I don't think I ever will. I thought it was ridiculous that he won the vote 85-33 and they still didn't give it to him. Can't quite figure out how having trucks parked outside can decrease property values, especially with the price of trucks these days you can pretty easily option a truck up to $70k.

XJ Wheeler
03-14-2014, 03:56 PM
I've never lived in a HOA and with everything I've read, I don't think I ever will. I thought it was ridiculous that he won the vote 85-33 and they still didn't give it to him. Can't quite figure out how having trucks parked outside can decrease property values, especially with the price of trucks these days you can pretty easily option a truck up to $70k.

I agree, our truck may be a flatbed but i think it looks nice. That's really an opinion. Personally, i think the prius is ugly and would hate to look at one in my neighbors driveway everyday.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

Brasscatz
03-14-2014, 04:46 PM
Y'all should see the cars in my neighborhood lol. The HOA doesn't uphold any rules to anybody except us.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

bluedragon436
03-14-2014, 04:56 PM
I think that is complete horseshit... Especially when a kid works his ass off to purchase the truck he wants, which I'm sure in that shape wasn't cheap... and works his ass off in school at the same time and keeps grades high so he can get two free years of school... and then they are going to just run him around in a circle like that... I hope he keeps pressing their buttons and pushing the change in such a BS rule as that...